Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2004, 1:16 am

5:30-7:30, i think
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:39 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ PPS Club
Thumbs up

miki13331, you are correct!

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt, Hong Kong last week and the Grand Club is fantastic. You will enjoy your stay at GH in HKG.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
This is probably one of the best RC clubs around (IMO)... Drinks, food, service and view are all fantastic!
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: UA1MM1K
Talking

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. RC here is really great. the view is fantastic and the food was great too. I can't wait to go back there. Eagerly waiting for next FFN!!
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Can someone tell me what the deal is with GC check-in too? I seem to have a habit of never staying in the same hotel twice....

Is there a separate desk, do I go straight up to the GC floors etc etc?

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:15 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Are you talking about generally checking into the hotel, or going into the RC?
For general check in, I've been directed to the main desk on the ground floor.
Unlike some hotels, RC floor guest and/or top elites do not check in on the RC floor. There is a desk on the RC floor, just below the main lounge where they can help you with travel, tickets, directions, information etc. But in order to get up to the RC floor, you need a special key for the elevator which I've gotten when I check in. I've stayed here a number of times as a Diamond and while I've always been given RC access, my room is generally on a different floor.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
What time does the club close?

What time does the club close. at night?

Anyone there on Saturday night April 17th?
Old Apr 10, 2004, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Post Contents of Grand Club Letter

Breakfast - 0700-1000 (Mon-Fri) 0700-1100 (Sat, Sun, Bank Hols)
Cocktails - 1730-1930
Tea Coffee and soft drink service
Meeting Rooms in Club for 1 hour per day
DVD/VCD player on request
Opening hour 0700-midnight every day.
Old May 5, 2004, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was disappointed

Well, i'm sorry to say that the GC in Hong Kong didn't live up to my expectations....

Yes, the Club lounge is very opulent and the hotel did provide us with some very nice amentites (bottle of Champagne one night, bottle of wine another, chocolates on the last) but I feel the Grand Club is simply too big.

Service had no personal recognition (as opposed to say the Pan Pac in Singapore where all the Paciifc Floor staff know your name, drinks preference and even how you like your eggs cooked!)

Staff seemed constantly over-worked, with drinks orders being either forgotten or taking up to 20 minutes to be delivered.

Buffet was cleared away with haste - first items would be removed at 7.10pm, with everything having gone by 7.30pm.

On one morning, guests were having to queue for a table at breakfast

OK, so the hotel was full, but IMO the point of a club floor is "a hotel within a hotel" and the Grand Hyatt failed to deliver this. Furthermore, I suspect the access policy was clearly being waived under certain circumstances - parties of 8-10 where only two were residents, and a series of irritating concessions made to what I believe was the minister for trade of a South Asian country and his delegation during their stay.

Oh, and don't accept room 2919 - it's underneath the wooden staircase that goes from the GC reception to the GC lounge & you can hear people walking up & down it!
Old May 5, 2004, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
What's Plateau about (www.plateau.com.hk)? How does it relate to the GC?
Old May 5, 2004, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My reading of the situation is that the Plateau is their spa/fitness concept, so has no relation to the GC at all.
Old May 5, 2004, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Plateau is the GH's new health club/spa facility, that took over 3 years to complete. It was the reason why we had to use the Dynasty Club's facilities during our stays in the past 2 years.

That said, Plateau offers health club/gym and spa facilities and services to hotel guests and private members. Also, I believe Plateau will launch some sort of "spa packages" where one can stay in a Spa Suite and dine on Spa Cuisine.....those that movie stars are known to travel the World to.....

It promises the "largest" hotel pool in HK, and excellent facilites. I believe it has opened (health facilities only, not the Spa Suites), and a Personal Trainer that I worked with in the old Marriott joined the GH and will be there when I am staying at the GH this month. I can only imagine that the GH wants the highest quality of fitness personnel as well as equipment with this new club.
Old May 5, 2004, 5:30 pm

gym, pool, and restaurant opened last month, spa facilities will open soon.

gym looks a lot like Pure in central - very upscale. cardio equipment have individual TVs with DVD players, plasma TVs on the wall, free weights are a little light

pool is largest and nicest in HK,

well worth the wait
Old May 18, 2004, 7:09 am

Plateau at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Yes! The Plateau at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong has been completed; just received a mailing from them today. Website is also up: www.plateau.com.hk.

Facilities and rooms look awesone...can't wait to try it out. At HKD 2,600 per night introductory offer for the "basic" room, not too bad.

Now, if we could get this on an FFN...
Old May 18, 2004, 10:03 am
pdb

Nice, but not the PH Tokyo...

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yes! The Plateau at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong has been completed; just received a mailing from them today. Website is also up: www.plateau.com.hk.

Facilities and rooms look awesone...can't wait to try it out. At HKD 2,600 per night introductory offer for the "basic" room, not too bad.

Now, if we could get this on an FFN...
It's actually been finished for a while. I was there twice, last month, but was somewhat underwhelmed--maybe too much of a buildup? maybe spoiled by other Hyatt Asian facilities? There certainly are many facilities covering a large space. The pool is sizeable and beautiful view of Kowloon. To get to the locker room, you need to walk outside, so pray for good weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.