Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Old May 16, 2003, 8:29 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
The bus comes by regularly, so it's not a problem.

Having stayed there quite a few times, if you'd like a great seafood restaurant, take a taxi to Restaurant Le Cenacle, 1 rue de la Mairie, Vieux Pays, 93290 Tremblay-En-France. +33 (1) 48613291.

It's very small and fantastic!
Old May 16, 2003, 8:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Platinum,AA Lifetime Gold,Hyatt SPG Platinum,UAL Lifetime Platinum,
I was just there 3 weeks ago. If you arrive at terminal 1 go to exit 8 and the bus comes every 20 minutes. Also the hotel has free shuttle to central Paris twice a day. Leaves at 10 am and 3:30pm
returns 6:30pm and 10:30pm. This will save you a lot of money.

Old May 16, 2003, 8:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Platinum,AA Lifetime Gold,Hyatt SPG Platinum,UAL Lifetime Platinum,
Sorry just reread your post. At terminal 2 they come also every 20 minutes but i don't know the exit. Just follow the hotel bus signs it is very easy.
Old May 17, 2003, 12:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Charles de Gaulle Airport
By free Hyatt shuttle, every day, every 20 minutes, 3 km to the hotel.

Shuttle to Terminal 2

First departure hotel at 6:00 am
Last departure hotel at 12:45 am
Hyatt Regency Paris-Charles de Gaulle
Terminal 2A - Gate 6, signage 'Other Hotels'
Terminal 2C - Gate 6, signage 'Other Hotels'
Terminal 2F - Arrival Gate 0.08 - Departure, Gate 2.15 and 2.03, signage 'Other Hotels'
Train Station TGV RER Terminal 2 - Bus Exit, signage 'Other Hotels'
Terminal 2D - Gate 6, signage 'Other Hotels'
Terminal 2B - Gate 6, signage 'Other Hotels'
Train Station RER T1 - Arrival Gate 8, signage 'Shuttles'
Terminal 1 - Arrival Gate 8, signage 'Shuttles'

Shuttle to Terminal 1

First departure hotel at 6:00 am
Last departure hotel at 1:00 am
Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
Terminal 1 - Arrival Gate 8, signage 'Shuttles'

Terminal 9:

Take the ADP shuttle in order to reach one of the other terminals.
http://paris.charlesdegaulle.hyatt.c...cation_02.html

Hope this helps.
Old May 17, 2003, 5:54 pm

Don't worry about the vans, they are regular, and will go out of their way if you ask them. I was there on 9/11 and took them back and forth the aiport for 3 days and they were very good each time.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:43 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Hyatt Paris CDG Airport

Has anyone stayed here recently? The lady at Dianond Desk (who is very nice) is quoting me a reasonable rate ($120 Euros), and it certainly seems convenient to airport.

I am mainly asking due to the negative comments I read re: Park Hyatt Paris.

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 1:04 pm

Just right for overnight!

It looks like a prison from the outside.

Inside the style is modern but it seems already outdated.

Indoor pool has plastic furniture and is really uninviting.

Food is just ok.

You are in the middle of nowhere.

Great to fly in/out of.

Regency Club used to be good but don't know if it is still open.

Don't expect anything special.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
its ok. the RC was the best part but i believe its closed now.

just to clarify -- yes, there's lots of negative stuff on the park hyatt paris, but i think that's just relative to people's very high expectations. the park hyatt paris is FAR superior to the Hyatt CDG imho. if i were you, i'd find a place in central paris-- there were reports of getting the hyatt madeleine for E230 or so, and there are a million small hotels that are very fairly priced.

you can't stay out very late if you have to get back to CDG.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Very nice hotel with very friendly staff. They are still selling Regency Club rooms on the Hyatt.com site so I would presume they still have a Regency Club. We were there about 10 months ago. Club was nice with free drinks at night. Shuttle service to the terminals reuns frequently.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:21 pm

I was just there. RC is open and quite nice. They have added a high speed internet computer for free use. The food is more than adequate--far better than must US properties. The staff is wonderful. A great bargan in spite of it being kind of nowhere. They do have free shuttles to the airport RER and the city.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 6:41 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Thank you for your questions about Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de
Gaulle. I am pleased to confirm that the Regency Club at this hotel is
open and available for reservations.

As indicated above, Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle is a very
sleek, modern hotel, designed by famed architect Helmut Jahn. You may be
familiar with his work, as Mr. Jahn also designed the United Airlines
terminal at Chicago O'Hare International airport, the Illinois State Office
Building in Chicago and numerous other buildings in the United States and
Germany.

Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle is located about 10 minutes by free shuttle bus from the CDG airport. For more details about the hotel, please visit www.paris.charlesdegaulle.hyatt.com

With warm regards,

Julia Moore
Gold Passport Internet Concierge

[This message has been edited by Gold Passport Concierge (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Gold Passport Concierge (edited 07-31-2003).]
Old Jul 31, 2003, 2:40 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
For a GREAT meal, check out Restaurant Le Cenacle, 1, rue de la Mairie, Vieux Pays
93290 Tremblay-En-France. +33 (1) 48613291

It's a small wonderful restaurant. Almost no english, but a friendly staff.

Also, there's another with a free shuttle called Ferme something or another. The concierge will know. Much less expensive, about $20 for a full meal, and also nice. But not like Le Cenacle!

[This message has been edited by RayinMaui (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by RayinMaui (edited 07-31-2003).]
Old Jul 31, 2004, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Hyatt Paris CDG- Just Back

Just returned from a very nice stay at the Hyatt CDG. This is a beautiful, contemporary hotel located about 10 minutes from CDG via free hotel shuttle (every 15 minutes). The rooms appear to have been refurbished since our last stay 2 years ago. We had an Executive Suite, which was huge. The living room was probably about 800-900 square feet and the separate bedroom was very large. Very nice large bathroom with huge soaking tub and a separate stall shower. Separate toilet. Only one sink, however. The two-level Regency Club is undergoing renovation and has been relocated to a much smaller, unattended facility in what appears to have been a suite or a meeting room on the 4th floor. It has very limited offerings. To make up for the shortcomings, Regency Club guests are allowed to have the full hot breakfast buffet in the restaurant without charge. It's one of the better buffets I've had, with made to order omelettes.

We have stayed at this hotel several times as a less expensive alternative to staying directly in Paris (about 1/2 the price). The Hyatt shuttle takes us to the RER train station where trains (more like Metro cars) depart every 15 minutes and make several stops in central Paris. It takes about 35 minutes from CDG to St. Michel Metro station. We purchase Paris Visite passes which give us unlimited travel on the RER, the Metro and buses.

Staff is great and friendly. Only complaint we had was the toilet wasn't working properly and after two calls, it still was never repaired. I noted it on a guest comment card left at the hotel and had a very apologetic e-mail by the time we arrived home.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 11:09 am

Hyatt CDG

Thanks for the great write-up. Do you have any idea when the renovations to the RC will be completed? I'll be there in mid-September.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
different CDG opinion

My contradictions to the OP's review.

The dang shuttle bus didn't come for an hour.. I called twice as well

As a diamond, I got a tiny room but it was on the RC floor. It was open in July when I was there but the selection was quite limited in the morning.. I sure wasn't overwhelmed to say the least

its a decent place but i only recommend it as an airport hotel.. not a place to stay if you want to be in the city

one other thing, I've never had so much trouble as to get my Mastercard credit to post as I have with this hotel (for the FFN promo).. the stay posted fine.. but not the MC.. sheesh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.