FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Spring Promo? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1338794-spring-promo.html)

DHalltheway Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Spring Promo?

Seems Hyatt is last to the ball again. Any news on what the new promo is?

Their other promo is expiring in 7-8 days depending where in the world you are.

ckohlun Apr 22, 2012 9:23 pm

I have not seen Hyatt announce a new promo while one is going on. Generally 2-4 weeks between promos, sometimes longer.

Given the negative speculation regarding SPG's promo...they certainly have an opportunity to capture some new customers. That said, they have stated that FFN is on a long break (so not holding my breath).

Last Q2 was the 5 stays 10k points, and 2 stays for 5k after...we will see.

DHalltheway Apr 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by ckohlun (Post 18443195)
I have not seen Hyatt announce a new promo while one is going on. Generally 2-4 weeks between promos, sometimes longer.

Given the negative speculation regarding SPG's promo...they certainly have an opportunity to capture some new customers. That said, they have stated that FFN is on a long break (so not holding my breath).

Well a promo is better than no promo. That is my take on it.

This is relevant for me because I have stays lined up from May - Aug. So a promo is more than icing on the cake.

Even if it is only till June, because July is peak summer travel.

Mary2e Apr 23, 2012 7:20 am

Hyatt was never "on the ball." They never ran quarterly promos like HH or SPG. I've seen them start promos in Dec and end them in Feb, start in Aug and end in Nov, etc.

If there is to be another one, I would expect to be announce, as noted above, several weeks after the current promo ends.

DHalltheway Apr 23, 2012 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 18444795)
Hyatt was never "on the ball." They never ran quarterly promos like HH or SPG. I've seen them start promos in Dec and end them in Feb, start in Aug and end in Nov, etc.

If there is to be another one, I would expect to be announce, as noted above, several weeks after the current promo ends.

Thanks for the re-confirmation.

kenbo Apr 23, 2012 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ckohlun (Post 18443195)

My thoughts exactly on the time frame between promos. Based on that, I'm not expecting another Hyatt promo until at least June 1.

bsdstone Apr 23, 2012 9:18 am

Originally Posted by kenbo (Post 18445204)
My thoughts exactly on the time frame between promos. Based on that, I'm not expecting another Hyatt promo until at least June 1.

And probably not a great one.
Summer promos tend to be weak.

antonius66 Apr 23, 2012 10:24 am

Oh yeah there will definitely not be a new promo in May based on Hyatts past performance. If I had to guess, my money would be on the next promo starting in July and ending in Sept.

fireworksboy Dec 30, 2012 1:56 pm

So, Priority Club starts their new promo on Jan 7, SPG starts on Jan 15 and Marriott starts on Feb 1.

Hey Hyatt, sup?