Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Guam and Saipan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Guam and Saipan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by sy7
I have an overnight stay at the Guam Hyatt coming up. I was wondering what the best way to get to the hotel from the airport. Does the hotel offer a shuttle service? Otherwise, how much does a taxi cost? I emailed them, but never got a response (not too surprising when I also called the hotel and got put on hold, transferred, and finally disconnected...)
I was supposed to have been picked up by the hotel's shuttle bus, which was included in my room rate. They had me take a taxi instead and then they paid the driver. The meter showed $9.00.

Last edited by diana; Feb 20, 2005 at 8:19 pm
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Back to Saipan

Any recent trip reports for this hotel? I had so much fun last February that I've decided to head back this February too.

...was wondering if anyone visited lately and had any updated comments to share.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:31 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I think you will find it the same as when you were there last year.

It will probably be less busy since Japan Airlines stopped flying there. The economy is suffering with fewer Japanese tourists and a number of garment factories having closed down.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 1k
Hyatt Regency Saipan

They recently changed the carpets and repainted the rooms but as mentioned it is otherwise the same. I stayed +160 nights at the HR Saipan last year and I find the service from management is lacking. Compared to other hotels that I have stayed at with much less frequency management makes it an effort to get to know thier loyal clients. Thier front line staff though are quite good and very attentive. But like I said management is another story. Sometime when I ask the management something I get the impression that I am bothering them. As another example, I have yet to see the general manager interact with guests. I never see him walking the grounds and of the few times I have seen him in the RC lounge he never talks to guests.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Cell phone and internet. ?s

Thank you for this excellent report. I will be in GUM next month on a FFN. Can someone please comment on communication back to the US? My Mobal phone will not work. I will try my AT&T/Cingular cell. Also. Do they have internet in the rooms yet? Comments on treatment of Diamonds please. Any comments appreciated. Regards
Old May 30, 2007, 6:19 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Guam

I'm planning a mileage run to Guam later this year, and plan on staying at the Hyatt. Anyone been there recently??
Old May 31, 2007, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1k
Stayed there a couple of months ago, what would you like to know?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Nothing new on the Guam Hyatt in over 2 years?

I'm planning a 4 day stop off in Guam this December and will hopefully have 4 FFNs to burn. Obviously this place doesn't get too much business from Flyertalk members, so I hope that's not an indication of its quality.

Has anyone here stayed in the past year or so and has anything major changed since the great 5 year old write-up back on page 1 of this thread?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The Guam HR lounge was remodeled last year. I think someone posted that in another thread. The two back rooms of the lounge are dark with low lighting and have a modern atmosphere. The food is good, but not plentiful in the evenings.

The lobby is very nice.

Free wifi in the lounge in Guam.

Wifi in Saipan is sometimes very slow.

Diamonds get a bottle of wine in both Guam and Saipan.

1-800 numbers work in Guam and Saipan. Rather than spend four days on Guam, you should consider going to Saipan for two days. It is very different than Guam.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kevino
Rather than spend four days on Guam, you should consider going to Saipan for two days. It is very different than Guam.
I hadn't even thought of this, but then again I've never been to Guam other than the airport. If I only have from Monday morning until early Friday morning is it really worthwhile to get a flight to Saipan? Is it that much different/better? (I mean the island, not just the hotel)
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:45 pm

Yes, Saipan is a historic place bc of it's very different history than Guam. Read up about it. You can ask "SPN lifer" for more info. Guam has had a relationship with the US for 100 years. Saipan's history is with the Spanish, Germans, Japanese, the UN, and then the US (but with some different laws). You will feel like you are in a different country! It's worth spending a day or two there.

There is a Current TV piece on Saipan:
http://current.com/items/89785661_us...-in-saipan.htm

A negative view of Saipan:
http://saipansucks.com/perspective.htm

WWII Movie Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qby8_uoiI1I

Suicide Cliff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-G7_...rom=PL&index=4
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Transport to Hotels

Hi guys
I am staying at the Guam Hyatt 07-08.11 and at the Saipan Hyatt 8-9.11, could yo utell me what the cheapest way is to get there, since I believe that other options are cheaper than the 15usd shuttle service.

How far away are the hotels from the airport?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:07 pm

It is only about two miles from the Guam airport to the Hyatt, but that doesn't prevent taxis from charging a lot. I don't know how they get away with it. It will almost for sure be more than the $15 shuttle service you mention.

From SPN to the Hyatt is even farther. I think a taxi would be almost $25. It's cheaper to rent a car.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I stayed at the Westim GUM and took a cab to the airport in the morning. I remember it being a rip.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:44 pm

There is a G1 bonus through Nov. at both Hyatts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.