Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2002, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
7-17-02..... no response in a month so:

July 17, 2002

Mr. Scott Miller
President
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
200 West Madison
Chicago, Illinois 60606

Dear Mr. Miller,

This is a follow-up on my correspondence of June 7, 2002. I am attaching a copy of that letter as well as an email from the American Physical Therapy Association that was sent to our Marketing Director.

I received a prompt call from your Consumer Affairs Office on June 18th promising to let me know how this would be resolved as soon as the Cincinnati Hyatt regency Manager returned from vacation.

To date, I have not heard anything else. I know that you are busy. In fact, we are all busy. But, common courtesy requires some sort of resolution. Because of what happened at the Cincinnati meeting, our Convention and Trade show Manager has been directed to find alternate lodging at several shows. In fact, almost twelve rooms were cancelled for this week at a West Coast Meeting.

**** *********, our Vice President of Sales (and one of our Company Owners), and I, along with quite a few other individuals were treated in an unacceptable manner. Your Hotel knew well in advance that we would be there. All of us had confirmations and confirmation changes with numbers. Your local property decided to play games because of either a baseball team or fans that were in town.

In my business, I honor our commitments. The Cincinnati Property did not!

Sincerely,

cc: Mr. Scott Allen
A.P.T.A.
The Greater Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau

Old Aug 19, 2002, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Hotel Manager called today. Said policies and proccedures were changed and offered a thank you gift to my boss and myself.

Case closed
Old Aug 7, 2003, 7:31 pm

Have stayed there about 10 times over the last year. Diamond gets you to RC floor which I think was still open 7 days a week when I was last there. RC was always empty I felt I had the place to myself. If the reds are not in town and there are no large conventions this hotel dies on weekends thus rates of $79 or so are usually available.

Got a corner room a c few times which has a little hallway, but the rooms still fell kinf of on the small side. Amenity was the usual stuff as I recall.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 12:03 am

I have stayed there several times over the past 6 years and have had no problems. On the other hand I have seen several reports on this site concerning many problems. I recommend that you search this site for pertinent threads. Personally, I prefer the Hilton (formerly Omni) Netherland Plaza, which is across the street.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 8:57 pm

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Hyatt Cincinnati

Well, another reason my platimun will be gone next year.

I checked into the Hyatt Cinti to find that the Regency Club was closed this week because it was "very slow".

I guess housekeeping was closed too, as I found used utensils, coffee cups and and a half full (or half empty) bottle of soda adorning the windowsill. I guess they would have discovered this during the turndown service, oh but I guesss that was scrapped this week as well.

After a year where the rates increased, what could on expect but lesser service.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 1:50 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
ahhh thats one of my "hell hotels" i avoid... they couldnt get "upgrade" right in 3 tries... finally had to have a CSR call and talk with the FOM to get me a RC room... (which they said on 2 different occasions with the front desk staff they didn't have) do a search and you'll find a few other gems on this place.
Old Apr 16, 2004, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Recent stay quick report

Stayed here 4/14-16, two nights. The hotel staff is friendly. I'm a Platinum, not diamond member, so no RC upgrade. At check in, asked for a high river view room, and gave me a decent room on the top floor on the river side.

Room was clean, typical Hyatt. Ate in the restaurant for b-fast two days. Used the buffet. Did not ask for or receive b-fast tickets (I travel on govt rates).

Exercise facilities were very good: small indoor pool with outdoor deck, jacuzzi, good collection of bikes and stair steppers overlooking the pool, and a separate weight room with free weights and a standard machine.

All in all, what I have come to expect from the mid-level Hyatts. I would certainly stay there again. ^
Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on this property (grand beds, etc.)? free wifi anywhere like the lobby? any tips on cheap places to park?

Do they ignore status with Priceline stays?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This is my local Hyatt that I do my mattress runs at. Grand beds are supposedly on the way but definitely not there yet. Don't know about wifi. Cheap places to park - the best would be the parking garage under the Westin (about 2 blocks away - $1 - might be $2 overnight on weekends and after 5 PM weeknights) - the parking lot across the street - next to the Millenium is also run by the city and has fairly cheap parking also but last I knew was higher for overnight than under the Westin. I haven't done a PL stay here since the rules changed 3/1/05 but prior to that they always gave all status perks due - beware however that 3* in the zone is not a sure thing and actually is fairly risky since the Millenium across the street usually has lower PL rates. I'm often "there" 2-3x a week during FFN qualification periods. Feel free to ask anything else.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by twebst
Well, another reason my platimun will be gone next year.

I checked into the Hyatt Cinti to find that the Regency Club was closed this week because it was "very slow".

I guess housekeeping was closed too, as I found used utensils, coffee cups and and a half full (or half empty) bottle of soda adorning the windowsill. I guess they would have discovered this during the turndown service, oh but I guesss that was scrapped this week as well.

After a year where the rates increased, what could on expect but lesser service.
Cincy is a somewhat close Hyatt to me and we've stayed there many times. One of the best RC's of any mid-level Hyatt (better than some higher level properties). What you've experienced is not, unfortunately, uncommon during the 1st week of Jan. I've encountered a number of Hyatts (and Marriotts and *Woods) to close their clubs rooms during the 1st week of the year due to slow traffic.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:49 pm

I was there a couple of years ago over year end. The hotel's engineer had reduced the hot water production to minimal output, and then went on a vacation of his own. Three days with only barely tepid water for showers/baths!! Management claimed that no one on property knew how to reset the system.

I vowed to never return, and haven't.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any updates on this property (grand beds, etc.)? free wifi anywhere like the lobby? any tips on cheap places to park?

Do they ignore status with Priceline stays?
Wi-fi is offered by T-Mobile in the lobby as well as in the rooms. A day pass is $10 or $15 if I remember correctly, or you can sign up for T-Mobile and get access in many Hyatts, Starbucks, airport lounges, etc.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 4:36 pm

Quick update - I"m there on a mattress run tonight - and the Grand Beds have been installed at least on the RC floor (21).
Old Jan 21, 2006, 12:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Quick update - I"m there on a mattress run tonight - and the Grand Beds have been installed at least on the RC floor (21).
How much of an improvement are they from what was most recently there?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by macj86
How much of an improvement are they from what was most recently there?
That's a very good question - one that I don't have the answer to since I never sleep there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.