Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I wouldn't worry too much neither for terrorism nor for health issues. Go for the Grand, it is a notch above the Bali Hyatt

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Oct 8, 2003, 8:44 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:
I wouldn't worry too much neither for terrorism nor for health issues. Go for the Grand, it is a notch above the Bali Hyatt

Muerz

</font>

IMHO it really depends, the standard rooms in the Grand were not nice at all, the pool view one were quiete nice so. The RC at the Bali Hyatt had a great personal touch, whereas the GC offered the better (but every second day the same) food. The spa at the Bali Hyatt is great.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:16 am

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Platinum,AA Lifetime Gold,Hyatt SPG Platinum,UAL Lifetime Platinum,
Is there a free transportation between the two Hyatts?
Old Oct 9, 2003, 10:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by verstein:
Is there a free transportation between the two Hyatts?</font>
Yes, free shuttle bus, but it runs every other hour. (maybe more frequently during peak season?)
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfvoyage:
Yes, free shuttle bus, but it runs every other hour. (maybe more frequently during peak season?)</font>
They are back to every hour if I remember correctly.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:33 am

Programs: LH Senator
Bali Hyatt - Regency Suite

Has anyone stayed in one of the Regency Suites at the Bali Hyatt? What are they like?

Four years ago I stayed in one of the standard rooms which I found very dull and dark. Are the suites any better?

Thnaks
Old Mar 24, 2004, 8:26 am

IMHO the rooms at the Bali Hyatt are OK, but some of them are quiet moist. The service in the RC is very very nice and personal. And their are lots of cheap and good restaurants around.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 3:49 pm

My opinion, try out the Grand Hyatt instead. It's just a bit more expensive albeit much more comfortable, up-to-date and nicer in general (hotel grounds...)

------------------
Old Mar 24, 2004, 6:37 pm

Mertz. I COUNDNT agree more.
The Bali Hyatt is VERY OLD LOOKING. the Grand was sensational though I havent been back for 2 yrs.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:44 pm

The only problem is that I really don't like Nusa Dua. The hotels are great but there is absolutely no Balinese atmosphere. You could be anywhere in the world. In that area, the only alternative to the hotels complexes is the shopping mall.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 2:53 am

Well, in that case, why don't you go for the Le Meridien in Tanah Lot? It's at the end of the world, full of Balinese atmosphere

Me for my part, I have never been anywhere else than Nusa Dua while being in Bali. The hotels are great, and if I want to do some cultural sightseeing or having some Balinese atmosphere, I take a rental car or a driver and drive around Bali. From Nusa Dua, you'll have 20-30 minutes more to drive, but the hotels are definitively worth it!

------------------
Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Hyatt Bali

Anyone have experience with the Hyatt in Balli? The website mentions (2) - Hyatt and Hyatt Grand. Is one a "Resort"? Thanks. Renee
Old Jun 3, 2004, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by ReneeMoss
Anyone have experience with the Hyatt in Balli? The website mentions (2) - Hyatt and Hyatt Grand. Is one a "Resort"? Thanks. Renee
The Bali Grand Hyatt is fantastic. Huge resort with an amazing pool landscape. The hotel is located in the Nusa Dua area which is an enclave full of luxury hotels. You won't find any local life around this area. Most people love it, some hate it.

The Bali Hyatt is a charming but rather old hotel. The public area is beautiful with good pools and a lovely garden. The rooms are rather dull and dark. However, this hotel is great value for money. It is in Sanur with lots of nice restaurants and bars.

There is a shuttle bus between the two hotels. The ride takes about 40 minutes.

The Bali Grand Hyatt is without any doubt the better hotel but I do prefer location of the Bali Hyatt and there is a lot of money to save.

Perhaps you could try them both. In that case, I recommend to start at Bali Hyatt.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:28 am

There is a really nice Spa at the Bali Hyatt and it is very reasonable priced too.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 5:30 am

The Hyatt Review Website has a review of the Grand Hyatt. Surf by at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu

If you should have any specific questions about Bali Hotels or Bali in General, feel free to post them over here since I know Bali very good - have been there a number of times.

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer the Grand - hands down. It is one of the nicest Resort hotels worldwide with nice gardens and wonderful pools. Location doesn't matter that much to me since you can reach almost everything cultural with a short car ride and since I prefer Nusa Dua and Kuta over Sanur

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.