Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2001, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Diamond treatment at Grand Hyatt Bali?

Popping down to Bali for a little R&R after a trip to Hong Kong next week. I have read a lot about the property however, How do they treat Diamond's? Regency Club rooms and/or Regency Club access.? Anyone get upgraded to a suites?

Thx
Old Jul 8, 2001, 4:51 pm

I have been there 7 times. always got regency access but never a suite or ocean view-except once on a free suite stay!How much are you paying?I usually use the UA 50% off vouchers which is probably why i havent got the ocean upgrade!
Its a fabulous hotel and I am sure its worth the flight!

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE
Old Jul 8, 2001, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
I am spending $145/night. I am not using any buy one get one coupon. I would really like a ocean view or a suite with a ocean view. I have a Diamond Suite Upgrade certificate, however I was going to us it at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. Love those executive suites. Any particularly building I should request?

Old Jul 8, 2001, 6:42 pm

You will be put in the regency wing.The $145 is the garden view room. you could try to ask for an Ocean view or partial on arrival at the regency club when you book in but they are VERY aware of the room classes there and will probebly ask you to pay more.
I dtry to use the suite upgrade in HK and also tell the res line that you have one for Bali incase you dont get to use in it HK.
When i asked for a free suite at Bali they were originally giving me a garden suite.I was aklso paying for an adjoining room so with a lot of persuasion got the ocean suite.The regency pool is really great as most people dont use it!.
Also try the salsa bar for lunch and the Malaysian restaurant is wonderful food.
Im jealous!!I need to go back!

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE
Old Jul 9, 2001, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
The Salsa Bar does not serve lunch only drinks starting at 4pm. I believe however you meant the Italian Restaurant called Salsa Verde. This is in my opinion the worst restaurant of the hotel although all are very good. You should once try the Teppan Yaki part of the Inagiku and ask for Mr Sarjono to be your chief. This is in my opinion the best Teppan Yaki Restaurant in the world!
I'm also going to be there, for the 9th time, next month. I booked an Executive Suite with an adjoining room. I already count the days until departure!
The hotel is simply fabulous, one of the most beautiful resorts in the world: marvelous grounds, superb restaurants, beautiful and large rooms, although quiet it is never boring there, good shopping at the Galleria (next to the hotel) and proximity to Kuta if one has to be active for a day!

Muerz

[This message has been edited by Muerz (edited 07-09-2001).]
Old Jul 9, 2001, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
We really enjoyed the Indonesian buffet at dinner. The Regency pool may be quieter BUT the main pool has a water slide!!

BEST TIP: Take water shoes for going in the ocean - tons of nasty coral. You cannot walk in most of the water without shoes and they want a fortune for them. Pretty beach, very shallow water unless you walk quite far out. Hyatt St. Lucia the same. What's with Hyatt siting hotels on beaches like that??
Old Jul 9, 2001, 9:31 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Another vote for the water slide! One of the nicest ones, IMHO! I like this place very much, btw!
Old Jul 11, 2001, 5:57 am

I also like the water slide as well as the River pool with its beautiful gardens and the hidden jacuzzis. By the way, how does the pool area of the Hyatt Regency Cerromar compare with the one of Grand Hyatt Bali?

The Pasar Senggol buffet is also a really good choice.

Muerz
Old Jan 5, 2002, 7:07 am

Bali Hyatt is worth avoiding

I was there last year and ended up moving down the street to a much better (and less expensive) hotel. Here are some of the reasons:

1. Grand Hyatt staff was awful: unattentive; lazy; and unavailable.

2. Metal filings we found in our food in the restaurant at the pool.

3. Old, decaying rooms (due to be renovated this year I believe).

4. Rooms far too close to roads with tremendous noise from motorcycles (we did not end up staying in one).

When we arrived at the Grant Hyatt, we had already been around Bali for over a week. The properties we had stayed at were stunning and the service had been wonderful. We were, thus, astounded at the condition of the Grand Hyatt and the treatment we received.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

[This message has been edited by emaij (edited 01-06-2002).]
Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
The Grand Hyatt at Nusa Dua is MUCH better -- the staff is generally good, helpful, and as a Diamond on free nights (an 8,000 pt. bargain!), I received an oceanview suite, regency club, the works. A beautiful hotel and worth a few nights after touring around Bali.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:20 pm

Whoops. My mistake. I'm talking about the Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua. Apparently kv99 had a different experience than we did but I would never in my lifetime go back there. Too many gems in Bali to waste a minute there.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 4:41 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
emaij -- sorry i didn't read very carefully!! it's a shame that you had such a bad experience there - i thought it was a very nice hotel, but maybe because i stayed there after backpacking for two months around indonesia.

just goes to show that no matter what someone recommends, your own experience at a hotel can be widly different.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 6:26 am

I'm travelling to many of these high-end resorts. I've done most of them. Atlantis, Kauai, Waikoloa, Palace of the lost City, Four Seasons Nevis... You name them. But Grand Hyatt Bali is my favourite out of them all! It is true that you won't travel to the real Bali by going to this resort but why not have some days on a beautiful beach with a beautiful room, great restaurants and so on? All the chain resorts in Bali (Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Hilton, Sheraton, amd even Leading Hotels of the world properties) could also be in Florida or in Hawaii but when you're travelling in search of quietness, wonderful public spaces and so on they are perfectly well and better ones can't be found all around the world!!!

Muerz
Old Jan 7, 2002, 6:35 am

1. I like the waterslide at Atlantis personally.

2. doc has over 26,000 posts!

3. The grounds are nice and maybe I was at G.H. on a bad day but no matter what, G.H. Bali does not come close to Four Seasons or Aman, for example. Let's be realistic about this.

[This message has been edited by emaij (edited 01-07-2002).]
Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I had a terrible experience at the Grand Hyatt as well. It was 2 years ago and the GM we dealt with was really bad! We paid for a two bedroom suite and and a third room. We ended up moving to the Ritz Carlton and got a lower rate with much nicer rooms and great service. Definitely avoid!

[This message has been edited by bagold (edited 01-07-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.