Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dearborn Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Left 31 Oct 12-Now Adoba hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dearborn Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Left 31 Oct 12-Now Adoba hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:19 am

Hyatt Dearborn vs Hyatt Place

Unless you must stay here, the Hyatt Place Hotels in the area are much better. The HR in Dearborn should be blown to bits. This hotel would be a good candidate for Hotel Hell with Gorden Ramsey.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jfirstenberg
Unless you must stay here, the Hyatt Place Hotels in the area are much better. The HR in Dearborn should be blown to bits. This hotel would be a good candidate for Hotel Hell with Gorden Ramsey.
Ha. Funny! How do we propose it to Gordon?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by jfirstenberg
Compared to other hotels that I have been to lately (not exclusively Hyatt), this hotel is not THAT bad.....
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Wasnt it a Crown Plaza in the late 90's? It's a big hotel, I think 600 rooms or more, I would love Hyatt to flag this property. It needs some love but it's not that bad. I knew the previous owner and they also had investers in the middle east. They were cheap and never did repair work the correct way.
Yes, it was, with a brief spell as a Sheraton after that. As far as location and walking proximity to both Cobo and JLA, the Pontch has both the Westin and Marriott RenCen beat.

When its sale was announced in the spring, the owners promised an update on flag affiliation by summer. That this hasn't happened yet leads me to wonder if Hyatt cut a preemptive deal and is waiting until November 1st to announce. We can hope, can't we?

(The only reason I've kept up SPG Plat status in recent years has been to get suite upgrades at the Book Cadillac when in town for Wings games. A Hyatt at the corner of Jefferson and Washington would be an even shorter walk to JLA and let me get Starwood out of my system once and for all...)

If this doesn't come through, perhaps the Dan Gilbert juggernaut might be in the market for a reputable mainstream brand for one of its many acquisition/rehabs?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Compared to other hotels that I have been to lately (not exclusively Hyatt), this hotel is not THAT bad.....
I stayed there a year and a half ago - the main problem I had (other then them attempting to pretend I hadn't used a confirmed suite upgrade) was that the keycard readers in about half of the hotel cars were broken - so it made it very hard to get to the restricted floor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by 4aks
I stayed there a year and a half ago - the main problem I had (other then them attempting to pretend I hadn't used a confirmed suite upgrade) was that the keycard readers in about half of the hotel cars were broken - so it made it very hard to get to the restricted floor
So they did me a favor by not "upgrading" me to the private floor . Don't get me wrong... For a Hyatt, it was pretty bad. But I have stayed in much worse.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Long standing annual conventions have begun canceling their arrangements at the Dearborn Hyatt beyond October 31st, as there is still no announcement of a successor with just a month and a half remaining under Hyatt management.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...rticleId=25757
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dearborn Hyatt Regency to become Radisson Hotel and Conference Center on Nov. 1st

Although Radisson is not mentioned on the Dearborn Hyatt site, the site is now accepting reservations for November 1st and beyond.

New reservations for arrival date November 1st, 2012 and beyond are still being accepted and the hotel owner has advised that all future reservations will be honored by the new hotel management. At this time we do not have any information on the new management or brand affiliation. Hyatt Gold Passport members for arrivals November 1, 2012 and beyond will not be eligible to redeem Hyatt Gold Passport free nights, or receive program benefits, including Hyatt Gold Passport points and stay credits.

Last edited by hailstorm; Sep 25, 2012 at 6:32 pm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:24 pm

Just when you think this saga is over...

It gets even more sordid...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

"In a short statement issued Wednesday, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group said they "have agreed to terminate the previously announced management agreement" with Royal Realties LLC for the Hyatt."

Any guesses on what happened?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...Dearborn-hotel

The Hyatt site has not been updated with these latest developments, but it seems like the original plans were that the hotel was not going to be immediately branded a Radisson on November 1st.

Hyatt Regency Dearborn will be longer be affiliated with Hyatt effective 11:59pm local time on October 31, 2012. New reservations for arrival date November 1 2012 and beyond are still being accepted and the hotel owner has advised that all future reservations will be honored by the new hotel management. As of November 1, 2012, the hotel will be managed by by Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group and, at a later date to be announced, operated under the Radisson brand. Hyatt Gold Passport members for arrival dates of November 1, 2012 and beyond will not be eligible to redeem Hyatt Gold Passport free nights, or receive program benefits, including Hyatt Gold Passport points and stay credits.
So it looks like it was set to run as an unbranded hotel for some unspecified amount of time. Wonder if that's still the plan with Hyatt checking out only three weeks from now...

Last edited by hailstorm; Oct 10, 2012 at 5:54 pm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:48 pm

Ok, I've trashed this place plenty of times but I need the points and a room for a few hours in Dearborn. I was told by the staff that they thought they had jobs on Nov 1st but now it sounds like another dispute between the building owners and the Carlson Group. As of today the hotel will shut down the 31st. Not sure how that even works.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:16 pm

Ok, I've trashed this place plenty of times but I need the points and a room for a few hours in Dearborn. I was told by the staff that they thought they had jobs on Nov 1st but now it sounds like another dispute between the building owners and the Carlson Group. As of today the hotel will shut down the 31st. Not sure how that even works.
I have closed a hotel and it is not pretty.......
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I have closed a hotel and it is not pretty.......
I could only imagine. The entire staff was down today as the news hit today. I wish them all luck.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could only imagine. The entire staff was down today as the news hit today. I wish them all luck.
Coming only a few days after a five year old child died in a swimming pool on their watch (a hefty lawsuit might end up becoming Hyatt's parting gift after that), this may well be the worst month any Hyatt hotel has ever experienced...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Coming only a few days after a five year old child died in a swimming pool on their watch (a hefty lawsuit might end up becoming Hyatt's parting gift after that), this may well be the worst month any Hyatt hotel has ever experienced...
As tragic as this episode was, it doesn't come close to the magnitude of the HR Kansas City incident in 1981.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.