Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Questions about a point stay /Suite vs. Standard Room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Hello

i´m planing a trip to some european hyatt properties with my points... (turkey, france, italy, switzerland)

I consider now, in which properties it is useful to spend points for a free suite night or only standard room (i´m diamond, so i should be upgraded to the best available room, if taking the standard room)

What do you think ?

Thank you very much
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I would just take a standard room because you will be upgraded/have access to the club as a Diamond.

You are unlikely to get upgraded to a higher category suite when you book a suite award. Unless it is full or you are a regular at the hotel in which case they will be more open to the idea.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:02 am
Original Poster

thx,

i just heard often that the entry suite level at PH MILAN for example is just not much better than the Deluxe room.
And 11.000 Points more for seems not to be useful...

Otherwise i have no experiences how good the entry suite level at PH Zurich/Paris is and if it is useful there to book a Suite Night award...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:05 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by cs1985
thx,

i just heard often that the entry suite level at PH MILAN for example is just not much better than the Deluxe room.
And 11.000 Points more for seems not to be useful...

Otherwise i have no experiences how good the entry suite level at PH Zurich/Paris is and if it is useful there to book a Suite Night award...
PH Paris' entry suite (Park Suite) is similar to the PH Milan - one room slightly larger than the deluxe - I think the possibility of a further upgrade to the Park Executive makes it worthwhile though.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

thx,

do you know something about the PH Zurich ? is a suite night there useful ?
The Park Executive Suite looks amazing !!!

I had some stays at the Dolder Grand in Zurich so im really looking forward to visit the PH Zurich :-)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by cs1985
thx,

do you know something about the PH Zurich ? is a suite night there useful ?
The Park Executive Suite looks amazing !!!

I had some stays at the Dolder Grand in Zurich so im really looking forward to visit the PH Zurich :-)
For PH Zurich - I think a suite upgrade / award would book into the Park Suite (for any property in the room category listing on the property's webpage - the first "suite" you come to in the listing is probably the one that the upgrades / awards book into). Park Executive Suite would be a further upgrade - my feeling is that further upgrade is rare since the Park Suite is already a "true" suite (2 rooms) and the Park Executive Suite is quite a bit larger.

I've not been to PH Zurich so can't comment from personal experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.