Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
So it seems like I get different rates depending on the # of guests I select for my room (2 versus 4). And they're quite different (on the order of an additional $100+). Anyone know why? Can I just select 2 guests and then later tell the front desk I have 4? There's no breakdown either in the rate details.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I added two people at the front desk for the sole reason of having them spend the day at the pool and being able to get towels, etc. They didn't use the lounge, or anything else except the pool area.

Are they actually staying in the room with you? Are they adults or kids?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I added two people at the front desk for the sole reason of having them spend the day at the pool and being able to get towels, etc. They didn't use the lounge, or anything else except the pool area.

Are they actually staying in the room with you? Are they adults or kids?
So it's not 100 % certain if the additional 2 guests (adults) are joining us. Seems kind of crazy how large the price differential is (how many towels/water/resources can one person possibly use)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:54 pm

Are you diamond or did you book a club room? If so, they're charging you for the club access for the 2 guests, or at least that's what it sounds like to me.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Playing around with their booking system.. it seems like they charge $75 for each additional adult after the 2, regardless of Diamond status. I just changed my reservation to C+P to avoid the 3rd and 4th adult charges.

Btw, here's their reply to my inquiry for the Diamond benefits at the property..
$10 discount on nightly resort fee
Complimentary Regency Club Access
Complimentary Spa Access
Prioritized valet parking service
$10 discount on full day cabana rentals.
20% discount on general admission to Drums of Pacific Luau for you and your party
Complimentary Ka’anapali Pie at Japengo with purchase on an entrée
$5 discount per person on Tour o fthe Stars
Complimentary spa upgrade with purchase of a 50 minutes massage at Spa. Visit the spa or dial 4500 to book.
$50 discount per couple on a 60 minute Maui helicopter tour. Visit Hyatt Concierge or dial 4727 to book.
Complimentary rental clubs with purchase of multiple round package at Ka’anapali Golf Courses; 15% discount on lesson with PGA professional, 15% discount on non-sale apparel in logo shop.
20% discount on equipment rentals (including snorkel gear, boogie boards) at the Beach Activities Center. Visit the Center or dial 3290.
Complementary tennis racket rental while playing at Hyatt Tennis Center.
Happy hour pricing all day at ‘Umalu bar (10am – Midnight)
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:24 pm

Any alternatives to parking like the Kihei option at the Andaz? I have a friend going and would like to help him out.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by chao22
Playing around with their booking system.. it seems like they charge $75 for each additional adult after the 2, regardless of Diamond status. I just changed my reservation to C+P to avoid the 3rd and 4th adult charges.

Btw, here's their reply to my inquiry for the Diamond benefits at the property..
$10 discount on nightly resort fee
Complimentary Regency Club Access
Complimentary Spa Access
Prioritized valet parking service
$10 discount on full day cabana rentals.
20% discount on general admission to Drums of Pacific Luau for you and your party
Complimentary Ka’anapali Pie at Japengo with purchase on an entrée
$5 discount per person on Tour o fthe Stars
Complimentary spa upgrade with purchase of a 50 minutes massage at Spa. Visit the spa or dial 4500 to book.
$50 discount per couple on a 60 minute Maui helicopter tour. Visit Hyatt Concierge or dial 4727 to book.
Complimentary rental clubs with purchase of multiple round package at Ka’anapali Golf Courses; 15% discount on lesson with PGA professional, 15% discount on non-sale apparel in logo shop.
20% discount on equipment rentals (including snorkel gear, boogie boards) at the Beach Activities Center. Visit the Center or dial 3290.
Complementary tennis racket rental while playing at Hyatt Tennis Center.
Happy hour pricing all day at ‘Umalu bar (10am – Midnight)
Wow, such extraordinary benefits! I'd give it all up minus the standard diamond benefits for no resort fee.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Any alternatives to parking like the Kihei option at the Andaz? I have a friend going and would like to help him out.
Absolutely none that I'm aware of
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Certainly not within what I would consider walking distance, as far as I know (and I was just in Kaanapali and visited the property - although not staying there - last month).
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:54 pm

Just booked 4 cash nights here in late January. Diamond status, but no Diamond suites available. January isn't peak season; realistically speaking, what type of room might I get upgraded to?

Also, I read the breakfast at the RC is OK, but not great. I did the Maui breakfast, and that was great. Any way to get complimentary breakfast in a restaurant at the HR for being Diamond?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Currently here. DSU applied and given Napili suite.

If you come to Hawaii and want to be able to sit on your lanai and enjoy the ocean view, do not come here. How they call this a lanai is disgraceful and shameful for Hyatt. It is 2 feet wide!

Lounge food options are the worst I have ever seen. This property takes the prize.

We were just at the Ritz Kapalua in a club room. Far superior and not even comparable.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:33 am

Did you get the crappy suite on the second floor with the bedroom with the nice lanai and the living room with the 2ft wide balconey?

I agree this hotel isn't what it used to be, nor is its treatment of diamonds.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:56 am

No, the living room lanai faces the time share, exactly what we don't want and try to avoid like the plague. The bedroom lanai is the 2 footer travesty. What a complete design fail.

Apparently, they have Napili suites that are the opposite, living room with 2 footer landis and bedroom with larger lanais that you can actually sit at.

But if you want a lanai that you can recline like at the Andaz or the Ritz, do not come here.

Also, no Diamond amenity delivered as promised at check in. I am preparing myself for many failures by this property......while also looking for other options. ^
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:59 am

Actually, I got it backwards... I was in that "suite" and you are correct.

But I marched myself down to the front desk and insisted they look for a suite with a view of the ocean, and they complied.

There is no excuse for giving out those crummy suites when the hotel is not full.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:05 am

The way they describe the room on the hyatt website is deceiving.......2 lanais? I guess they are redefining what a lanai is.

Also, I can't recall a suite or regular room without a desk. You will find it here. No desk to sit, work must be done in bed

Last edited by soonerfanatic; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.