Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Fresno, CA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
Hyatt Place Fresno, CA

I hadn't been through Fresno in several years but found myself there two weeks ago for business. Fortunately this new property has been open for a few months. I stay at lots of Hyatts - everything from the full service brands to Hyatt Place. I was pleasantly surprised here. I was expecting a new property but the floorplan and some design elements here were a first for me. The hotel is in a good part of town near restaurants and the Kaiser Medical Center. It was about a ten minute drive to the Fresno State campus.

This is the largest Hyatt Place lobby I've ever seen. There were computers, work tables, a full bar with a lounge area and a seperate breakfast area with fire pits outside. Really well done and welcoming. It felt like a full service Hyatt! The staff was friendly and acknowledged me as a Globalist.

Guestrooms have the new electronic locks. Just swipe your key to unlock. My room had hardwood floors, a huge tv and a desk area to work. The bathroom lights were on a sensor, I don't think I touched them once as they came on & off by themselves. The room was quiet (I asked for the non freeway side) and the window had blackout shades to lower with drapes. The bed was lower than I would have liked and I prefer a firmer mattress but those were minor things. For some reason the tv did not have the standard Hyatt Place channel lineup. I know this because I could not watch the USC Football game on FS1. Overall this did not feel like a typical Hyatt Place room at all.

As I was sitting at breakfast the next morning the staff asked if they could make me anything fresh. A first at any Hyatt Place for me! After they brought me fresh waffles, I was able to print out some documents for work in the lobby work area. Later that morning I got a text message from the hotel asking if my stay was going alright and if I needed anything.

When I checked out I got to meet the G.M. and talk briefly. The next day he followed up with an email thanking me. The customer service here from the entire staff was excellent. This was a work trip so I wasn't at the hotel much but I would certainly recommend it and stay there again if I'm in Fresno.
It's great to see Hyatt moving into areas where they didn't have a presence before
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 9/25 to 9/26

Location: The hotel is located north of downtown Fresno directly adjacent to the CA-41 freeway and a little north of Herndon Avenue. Across the street is the massive Kaiser hospital facility. There isn't much in this area but being near to the freeway makes driving places easy. FAT was about 15 minutes away.

Hotel: one of the very nice new construction HPs. There's a small indoor pool and fitness center, really nice lobby with breakfast area, coffee shop and also cocktail bar and a small business center in the lobby as well. There are also two elevators without much waiting and enough parking a lot of which is nicely covered.

Check In: Disappointing. My flight in was cancelled so I called to ask if I could keep my two night stay as I need nights for status. The agent said sure. When I checked in I was told this wouldn't happen and the agent checking me in was very rude. No status recognition, no waters, no offer of late check out. She also told I'd get a refund of my points used for my first night which I never did. Lastly she took a $150 authorization on a one night points stay which seems weird.

Room: Very good. Love the design and all the space along with the outlets near the bed and the upgraded bathroom. Wifi was not very good but thankfully soundproofing was fine.

Breakfast: Disappointing. Hot options were microwave french toast sticks or eggs in to go containers along with pastries, cereal or fruit. It felt cheap.

Definitely a below average HP especially at the high cash prices it commands.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Wow an indoor pool in Fresno. That's funny.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:22 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Any experience? Is my assumption right that there is no coin-operated laundry machine at this hotel. Nothing stated on their website and other HP‘s like Page have the laundry facility and stated on website.
TIA
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Any experience? Is my assumption right that there is no coin-operated laundry machine at this hotel. Nothing stated on their website and other HP‘s like Page have the laundry facility and stated on website.
TIA
Might give them a call.

David
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Just a heads up they will charge globalists an early checkin fee. Tried to check in around 10 which is early but was told there was a $50 charge and they could wave it around noon. Didn’t need the room yet so I didn’t fight it and will go back later but seems weird they’re doing that when Hyatt place specially has some weird thing where globalists and explorists can get a 9am or 12 checkin for free and it’s like $10 for everyone else.

edit: showed up a bit later and the guy checked us in no hassle. Thanked us for being globalist and all that. I have a feeling I wouldn’t have got the whole spiel about an early checkin fee has we used him originally.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Feb 22, 2023 at 1:49 pm
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Worst property I've stayed at in several years. The issue is cleanliness, or lack thereof. They were unable to give me a room with a shower that had been cleaned. The first one I was assigned was absolutely disgusting, with mold, hair, stains, and slimy surfaces. I felt like I needed a shower after taking a shower. They moved me to another room, which was only slightly better - still a big glob of someone else's hair sitting on the drain. The hallways evidenced a dire need for deep cleaning and renovation - carpets were dinghy and dirty and appeared not to have been vacuumed recently. The traffic noise was also very bad (property sits right between the freeway and a very busy surface street, which passes within 10 feet of "quiet side" of the building. Wifi was also very slow.

Front desk staff were really nice and tried to find me a decent room, but they were unable to make up for the maintenance/housekeeping fails.

I would also point out the numerous T/A reports of car break-ins, but fortunately did not experience that.

Stay somewhere else.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:07 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Worst property I've stayed at in several years. The issue is cleanliness, or lack thereof. They were unable to give me a room with a shower that had been cleaned. The first one I was assigned was absolutely disgusting, with mold, hair, stains, and slimy surfaces. I felt like I needed a shower after taking a shower. They moved me to another room, which was only slightly better - still a big glob of someone else's hair sitting on the drain. The hallways evidenced a dire need for deep cleaning and renovation - carpets were dinghy and dirty and appeared not to have been vacuumed recently. The traffic noise was also very bad (property sits right between the freeway and a very busy surface street, which passes within 10 feet of "quiet side" of the building. Wifi was also very slow.

Front desk staff were really nice and tried to find me a decent room, but they were unable to make up for the maintenance/housekeeping fails.

I would also point out the numerous T/A reports of car break-ins, but fortunately did not experience that.

Stay somewhere else.
wow, this sounds really bad. It is a fairly new hotel, just about 5 years old I'd say, and is in such bad shape alreay. That's sad.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
wow, this sounds really bad. It is a fairly new hotel, just about 5 years old I'd say, and is in such bad shape alreay. That's sad.
I suspect they let it the property go completely during covid and now that traffic is back up they're just coasting on the Hyatt brand and not spending anything to bring it back into shape. Not the only property following that script, but a rather extreme example.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 2:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Haven't had any problems staying here to be honest. It's your typical new-ish Hyatt Place. You need a room opposite the freeway though. A must.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by stvr
Haven't had any problems staying here to be honest. It's your typical new-ish Hyatt Place.
I wouldn't really call this typical (and judging from all the recent 1 star reviews, I'm not alone):
Attached Images    

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.