Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap - 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:44 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Park Hyatt Siem Reap - 2013

Dear FlyerTalkers,

The Hotel De La Paix Siem Reap will be rebranded as the Park Hyatt Siem Reap following a complete renovation. The hotel is expected to open in 2013 and will offer 107 guest rooms and suites, two restaurants, one bar, a bakery, spa, fitness center, and two swimming pools. The hotel is situated nearby the renowned 12th century runis of Angkor and close to more than 1000 temples including Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious monument.

Happy Travels!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite exciting, once it opens, this might get me to finally go there and also to Vietnam!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Great news! The perfect excuse for finally getting to Siem Reap. Something I have been thinking of, but somehow been putting off for years. The only other "major chain" option is the Le Meridien IIRC.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:55 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at this property and it's utterly fantastic. Can't wait to see what a remodel does to improve an already wonderful little hotel!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Gold Passport Concierge, any idea what point category it will be?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Siem Reap is in Cambodia, not Vietnam. But the Hotel De La Paix is quite a luxurious property. I'd always wanted to stay there since I last visited Siem Reap a couple years ago and now it'll give me a Hyatt option, too. Two birds in one stone!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by publicrelasian
Siem Reap is in Cambodia, not Vietnam. But the Hotel De La Paix is quite a luxurious property. I'd always wanted to stay there since I last visited Siem Reap a couple years ago and now it'll give me a Hyatt option, too. Two birds in one stone!
I am wondering if I had said that I always wanted to go to Siem Reap and also to Los Angeles, if you would have pointed out that Siem Reap is not in Los Angeles.

There is another PH in Saigon, you see. And yes, I already know that Saigon is not officially called Saigon any more.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

This is wonderful news! I love the Hotel de la Paix!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:55 pm

Interesting, as the Hotel de la Paix just took over the former Alila Cha Am, south of Bangkok... presumably an expansion for them, but now their signature Siem Reap property is being rebranded.

Looking forward to seeing what Hyatt does with the property...!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I am very surprised they the Hotel de la Paix will become a Park Hyatt. The hotel itself is quite nice indeed but the location really sucks, in the centre of Siem Reap, surrounded by dusty, dirty, noisy streets.
My first choice in Siem Reap will remain the Grand Hotel a Raffles property, a truly elegant historical building with flawless service. My second choice would be the Aman Resort across the street.
My ten cents thought.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by thierry
I am very surprised they the Hotel de la Paix will become a Park Hyatt. The hotel itself is quite nice indeed but the location really sucks, in the centre of Siem Reap, surrounded by dusty, dirty, noisy streets.
My first choice in Siem Reap will remain the Grand Hotel a Raffles property, a truly elegant historical building with flawless service. My second choice would be the Aman Resort across the street.
My ten cents thought.
Interesting. I love the Hotel de la Paix because of its location. It is totally serene inside but you can get into the chaos by just stepping outside. Prefer it over the Aman (never stayed at Raffles).
Just a bit shocked to see this hotel to become a Hyatt. The essence of the hotel was always about the community and the local focus so the opposite of an international chain. Then again Hyatt has been quite good in displaying individual, local style under the Park brand.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

The Hotel De La Paix Siem Reap will be rebranded as the Park Hyatt Siem Reap following a complete renovation. The hotel is expected to open in 2013 and will offer 107 guest rooms and suites, two restaurants, one bar, a bakery, spa, fitness center, and two swimming pools. The hotel is situated nearby the renowned 12th century runis of Angkor and close to more than 1000 temples including Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious monument.

Happy Travels!
Congratulation and We are looking forward to it.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
*waits for the guy to complain about lack of European foot print again*
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:04 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

This is actually a very nice addition in my opinion. Does not change the need fit more European properties though.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Pleased to see this and would appreciate an update on when in 2013 it's likely to open.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.