Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sounds great! While I do like the GH Erawan, I think it's a bit outdated, and could use a refresh. With a new PH, I'm sure I'll look forward to staying there.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:05 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is exciting. The luxury competition in Bangkok is as tough as it gets, high standards will have to be met for this hotel to do well.

BTW the best cities for luxury hotel quality are Bangkok, Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. No accident that three out of four are in Asia!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
... the development of a brand new hotel in Bangkok, the Park Hyatt Bangkok...
Hi Nick, so is this the PH Bangkok planned for the Central Embassy development project?

Discussed last year on FlyerTalk here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post15850228
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post16768044

So I spotted the Central Embassy construction from my GH Erawan guest room and I was looking forward to a 2013 visit (decent progress that it looked possible to complete in 18 months or so)..
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Is the PH Bangkok's location where there was a fire a few years ago?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bp888
Is the PH Bangkok's location where there was a fire a few years ago?
No - its the Central Embassy project - where the group that owns Central is developing on land they bought from the British Embassy (the project was the front lawn of the Embassy).
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
No - its the Central Embassy project - where the group that owns Central is developing on land they bought from the British Embassy (the project was the front lawn of the Embassy).
I was wondering what was going on there- good location. A PH in Bangkok is a wonderful addition to the city. With all the new hotels opening in the next couple of years in the luxury categories, competition will be tough.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott, Starwood, ThaiAir Gold
Talking

I'm so looking forward to this property opening. I'll try to make it for a stay in the opening week.

Peteropny, So is the location across the road from the Sivatel which opened last year?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hyatt_otaku
Peteropny, So is the location across the road from the Sivatel which opened last year?
I didn't know anything about the Sivatel so Googled the property - from the address and map the Sivatel is on Wireless Rd but not directly on Ploenchit Rd - so the answer is kind of yes - since the PH property is at the corner of Wireless directly on Ploenchit.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott, Starwood, ThaiAir Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
I didn't know anything about the Sivatel so Googled the property - from the address and map the Sivatel is on Wireless Rd but not directly on Ploenchit Rd - so the answer is kind of yes - since the PH property is at the corner of Wireless directly on Ploenchit.
Thank you for the prompt reply
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers:

We are pleased to announce that Hyatt has signed an agreement for the development of a brand new hotel in Bangkok, the Park Hyatt Bangkok. The iconic hotel will be located in a prime location in the citys central business district and will be scheduled to open in 2014. Park Hyatt Bangkoks premier location within this rapidly growing international city and the spectacular design will be a standout in the Bangkok skyline. The hotel will feature 222 rooms, including 49 suites. The hotel will also feature all-day dining and specialty restaurants, a lobby lounge and specialty lounge, as well as a sky bar and restaurant with magnificent views of downtown Bangkok.

Sincerely,

-Nick B.
Great news Nick. I am looking forward to this property! The second Park Hyatt in Southeast Asia (after Park Hyatt Saigon).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Sounds great! While I do like the GH Erawan, I think it's a bit outdated, and could use a refresh. With a new PH, I'm sure I'll look forward to staying there.
It is being renovated , floor by floor starting this spring. It will be designed by Tony Chi who did the i-Sawan Spa Cottages.
Old May 17, 2014, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HaryoS
Great news Nick. I am looking forward to this property! The second Park Hyatt in Southeast Asia (after Park Hyatt Saigon).
Any updates on the opening date for this property?

I was at the adjoining shopping centre (on the lower floors of the Park Hyatt building) last week for the grand opening- called CENTRAL EMBASSY- and it is very very nice- the food court on the lowest level is possibly the best in Bangkok at the moment. The shops are very upscale and prices similar to Ginza- however a lot of very interesting things to see. The building looks like it was finished in an extreme hurry and there is a lot of finishing work still to do.

This being said- location is excellent- direct link by skybridge to BTS is open- and the food outlets are top- really very very good with fair prices. I am looking forward to the hotel when it is finished- this is a "go to" destination in Bangkok at the moment.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
It'll be great to have more, and presumably higher luxury, options in Bangkok.

Erawan has a great service culture, so I expect that the PH will be even better.

As far as the opening date, perhaps some of you remember the announcements in late 2007 about the Park Hyatt Koh Samui? See here:

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...yatt_Koh_Samui

Not only did it not open in 2009, it became the Conrad instead (SEP 2011).

Last edited by zombietooth; May 17, 2014 at 11:07 am
Old May 17, 2014, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Any updates on the opening date for this property?.
Didn't you look up and see that the building is hardly as tall as it will be?
It's going to be 2015 and surely not the first half of the year I would imagine....
Old May 17, 2014, 10:00 am

Not familiar with Bangkok - I take it that it is near the St Regis?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.