Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:16 am

Will be in BKK from April 6-10 at the start of our honeymoon before heading off to Bali for 2 weeks. Would be nice to stay in this PH, but I have no idea if it'll be done or not. Will look at other options right now (we still have plenty of time).
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Walked by the property last week. Didn't look anywhere close to ready. I'd say March 2017 is highly optimistic.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:53 am

Any update? Based on the progress that's reported here, it looks like a stay during Songkran 2017 will be unlikely... but probably in 2018.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:22 pm

We'll see if the opening dates stick but I think a lot of us have been waiting for this one: they're now accepting reservations beginning June 30, 2017, and it's listed as a Category 5.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jxwo
We'll see if the opening dates stick but I think a lot of us have been waiting for this one: they're now accepting reservations beginning June 30, 2017, and it's listed as a Category 5.
10K THB seems to be the base room rate; 5% Costco discount. No awards loaded yet.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Kacee
10K THB seems to be the base room rate; 5% Costco discount. No awards loaded yet.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. At 10k, I certainly won't be staying there any.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I've heard from a source close to the situation that the GH and PH are owned by competing Thai families who have a deep riff between them.

Each family is obviously contracting with Hyatt to operate the hotels, but apparently has quite a bit of leeway in terms of setting policy.

As such, I am told, we can expect hyper competition between the properties, no movement of resources from the GH to the PH, etc. I've also been told that there is a strict restriction on personnel movement between the properties and a lot of angst amongst the employees.

It should be interesting to see if/how the properties compete for loyal BKK customer business, pricing, etc. I found this to be completely unexpected, as I would have assumed a rather larger "family" type of situation amongst Hyatt hotels - more like coopetition. I understand that the Area GM is even excluded from one or the other property's management chain. (interested to hear what SkywalkerLAX learned in this regard too)

It'll be an interesting situation to follow...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:24 am

Redemptions now open
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by dcphlyer
Redemptions now open
But it looks like no C&P availability, even in the middle of the wet season. I'm far more likely to try it that way than 10K cash ot 20K points. It's effectively double the cash rate of the GH, something of an opening statement.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by paolo64
But it looks like no C&P availability, even in the middle of the wet season. I'm far more likely to try it that way than 10K cash ot 20K points. It's effectively double the cash rate of the GH, something of an opening statement.
Sticking with GH Erawan is a smart move. I have zero interest in this Park Hyatt.

BTW, seasonality does not cause significant rate fluctuation at most Bangkok hotels. The riverside luxury hotels are the exception, as they get significantly more high-end leisure travellers in the high season.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
10k THB per night? And I am guessing no executive lounge? Wow. I am curious to see if they will be able to sustain the 10k THB rate. If so, then great for them. But it won't be me.

There are simply too many fantastic hotels in the city for less than 5k THB.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Sticking with GH Erawan is a smart move. I have zero interest in this Park Hyatt.
Same here....
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
What is your reason for these statements, MikefromTokyo?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
What is your reason for these statements, MikefromTokyo?
The excellence of GH Erawan could be one of the reasons. Really good property. But competition never hurt (and in this case it seems competition) -- we shall see.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by scented
The excellence of GH Erawan could be one of the reasons. Really good property. But competition never hurt (and in this case it seems competition) -- we shall see.
I find GH Erawan decidedly mediocre. Average rooms, slightly above average service, good location (but I always prefer to be on the river in BKK). Kind of shocked at all the love it's getting here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.