Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Hyatt to use free night awards?

Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

I have several trips coming up and I wanted to see what everyone thinks.

I've only stayed at spg hotels and now I have 4 free nights total from our hyatt credit cards. I have the choice of the following hotels to use them at but am open to other hyatt locations.

Park Hyatt Tokyo
Park Hyatt Seoul
Park Hyatt Zurich

Any suggestion on which hyatt will give us the best experience? :-)
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
PH Tokyo is a wonderful hotel but Tokyo is a huge city and the PH may not be exactly where you want to be. Zurich also gets great reviews here and those two are usually more expensive (category 6) than the Seoul property (category 4).
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
PH Tokyo may be a little out of the way, but you're not too far from Shinjuku, which has to be seen at night to be believed. The hotel itself is simply amazing. Staggeringly amazing. Tokyo would be my recommendation.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:26 am

PH Maldives is best redemption option for free nights.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jasonz9238

Park Hyatt Tokyo
Park Hyatt Seoul
Park Hyatt Zurich
Have not stayed in Seoul, but PH Tokyo experience was, IMO, better than Zurich. No particular reason, but it's a great part of Tokyo and they gave us a beautiful room and treated us very well.
Our favorite is still PH Paris Place Vendôme, though.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by slocouple
Have not stayed in Seoul, but PH Tokyo experience was, IMO, better than Zurich. No particular reason, but it's a great part of Tokyo and they gave us a beautiful room and treated us very well.
Our favorite is still PH Paris Place Vendôme, though.

Park Hyatt Seoul at 15K points is great (Suite is 23K, would recommend to use Suite upgrade award on paid booking for that one)

Check my review:
http://travel.bart.la/2011/04/18/par...k-hyatt-seoul/
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Originally Posted by Rubal

Tokyo is much, much easier to get to. All three alliances have award inventory to NRT currently. If air is not an issue then I would agree Maldives would be spectacular.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I used mine in May at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and was glad I did!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Rubal
Four nights is probably not long enough there, although I did just three. You need to factor in the required plane transfers $500 each and drinks/food at the property. OP would be looking at a bill of $2K to 3K at the minimum.

IMHO, OP shouldn't be looking where the rates are the highest, but rather where they would like to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.