Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt footprint in New England

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Hyatt footprint in New England

Hyatt has done a decent job of opening properties in Connecticut and greater Boston. But there isn't one property in central/western Mass, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island (except remote Newport). Diamond requalification for Boston based businessmen is one hell of a chore.

Any light at the end of the tunnel? Planned openings anywhere?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:30 pm

Given how small Rhode Island is, it is difficult to call Newport remote. This time of year is actually a great time to stay at the Hyatt Regency there with rates right around $100 (admittedly before taxes and that wonderful resort fee).

This said, more properties in New England would be nice but I don't see that happening soon (the property in Braintree, MA doesn't count). I would love to see the Woodstock Inn in Vermont become a Hyatt property and think it could do very well as such.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Ok, not exactly remote but hardly centric. The resort fee ticks me off as well. It pretty much covers the stuff I get for free as a diamond anyway.

Hyatt Places are sprouting like mushrooms all over the country. Not sure why NH, VT and ME don't make their demographic cut.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Any updates?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
updates on new properties opening in NE or mattress runs options in NE?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
There is now a Hyatt Place in Portland, Maine. That's all I got.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
There is now a Hyatt Place in Portland, Maine. That's all I got.
The HP in Portland is very expensive though... Was great value as a Cat. 2. Now up to 3 and still decent value.

For weekend escapes as diamond, there's always the option of driving down to the HR Greenwich CT to grab the 2500 lounge closure points. Do a 1-night stay Friday, head to one of the nearish HPs (Milford, Mohegan Sun?) or New York City for Saturday, then back to Greenwich to mattress run the Sunday night for another 2500 points?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
updates on new properties opening in NE or mattress runs options in NE?
What's new, what's old?

What's good, what's bad?

And most especially, what's AMAZING?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The HP in Portland is very expensive though... Was great value as a Cat. 2. Now up to 3 and still decent value.
If you come in on a Friday or Saturday night, in the summer, you might find Fore St. blocked off at Union street to let the drunks walk back up the hill, unmolested.

For weekend escapes as diamond, there's always the option of driving down to the HR Greenwich CT to grab the 2500 lounge closure points. Do a 1-night stay Friday, head to one of the nearish HPs (Milford, Mohegan Sun?) or New York City for Saturday, then back to Greenwich to mattress run the Sunday night for another 2500 points?
There's also a Hyatt House in Shelton. I've used that for a few mattress runs.

O/H
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by edrags
Hyatt has done a decent job of opening properties in Connecticut and greater Boston. But there isn't one property in central/western Mass, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island (except remote Newport). Diamond requalification for Boston based businessmen is one hell of a chore.

Any light at the end of the tunnel? Planned openings anywhere?
Where are all these Connecticut properties? I haven't found them where I need to be.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Agreed that the move to CAT 3 from CAT 2 was disappointing; but at CAT 2 it was really a steal! We drive up to Portland often for week-ends and really enjoy this HP. Location is ideal and the rooms are decent. The 'suites' with the balcony are a bit small and the gym which is pretty lousy, but all in all it works.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
It would be nice to see at least a HP in places like Hanover/White River Junction or Burlington (VT); both have all the other major hotel chains represented.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
It also surprised me to learn that there is no HP anywhere near MHT airport.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
It also surprised me to learn that there is no HP anywhere near MHT airport.
Alternatively I'd love to see one in Portsmouth,NH area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.