FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   List of all Regency / Grand Club closed - WIKI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307038-list-all-regency-grand-club-closed-wiki.html)

Napolehon Jan 26, 2012 9:25 am

List of all Regency / Grand Club closed - WIKI

Hi All,

I would like to know if we can start making a list of the hotels with the Regency club lounges closed.

As you all know, Diamonds get 2500 points for the closed lounges, and the closed lounges will make the upcoming promo better.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Once we get a list big enough, I will organize it by state. As said below, it is up to the individual to check with the hotel and not rely 100% on this list.

List:

- HR North Dallas & HR Greenwich - Both closed on the weekends (update saying that it might be closed for good so not entitled to 2500 points?)
- The Grand Club @ the Grand Atlanta closed Sunday night
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, California lounge is closed on weekends
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Lounge closed on weekends. confirmed
- Irvine - Closes Friday after breakfast and reopens Monday morning.
- Century City- Closes Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday morning.
- GH NYC lounge is closing for renovations for the next 2 weeks (starting 1/29) - closed until 2/19/12
- Hyatt Grand Champions Indian Wells, CA- Each summer they typically close the RC after July 4th until about Labor day.
- HR Lost Pines and HR Hill Country Resort & Spa also close their RC's during the winter months, although they are open on major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, etc.
- HR Milwaukee's RC has for some time closed anywhere from noon to 9pm on Friday, not reopening until Monday.
- HR Baltimore - Closed for the winter months

spgplat21 Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am

HR North Dallas & HR Greenwich - Both closed on the weekends

AJLondon Jan 26, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks OP. I was thinking of posting a similar request as well. ^

peteropny Jan 26, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Napolehon (Post 17891183)
Hi All,

I would like to know if we can start making a list of the hotels with the Regency club lounges closed.

As you all know, Diamonds get 2500 points for the closed lounges, and the closed lounges will make the upcoming promo better.

Thanks!

Feel free to do this. However, we're not going to manage this "list" since the RC/GC lounges open and close all the time (with varying schedules) and any listing that is managed will become obsolete shortly.

A bit of further clarification on the 2500 points Closed Lounge "compensation", it's only for properties with lounges that are closed temporarily (weekend, seasonal, etc. - not permanently).

FD1971 Jan 27, 2012 4:07 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17891994)
Feel free to do this. However, we're not going to manage this "list" since the RC/GC lounges open and close all the time (with varying schedules) and any listing that is managed will become obsolete shortly.

Really ? Will such a list become obsolete shortly ?

How many properties are we talking about ? It is mostly an US related issue anyway and we are talking 5-10 properties max.

Should not be too difficult to manage and is probably more appreciated than a separation of master threads for certain properties by a lot of members...

I am pretty sure that certain posters would keep it current, 2500 points in today's GPP world should not be underestimated.

FD1971 Jan 27, 2012 4:11 am

The Grand Club @ the Grand Atlanta closes Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday for the evening service. Hence, guests staying on a Sunday night should be eligible for the 2500 points.

The opening times at this property changed a few times over the last eight years, so a quick check might be in order...

LIH Prem Jan 27, 2012 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Napolehon (Post 17891183)
Hi All,

Thanks!

It's a good idea. Are you volunteering to keep the list up to date? If so, use the first post in this thread to post the list, since you can edit it. If not, we'll need a volunteer and have to figure out how to make the volunteer the owner of the first post in this thread or start another thread where they keep the list up to date in the first post.

I think Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, California lounge is closed on weekends, though it's been a while since I stayed there, so we'll need confirmation.

Thanks,
David

peteropny Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

Originally Posted by FD1971 (Post 17896313)
Really ? Will such a list become obsolete shortly ?

How many properties are we talking about ? It is mostly an US related issue anyway and we are talking 5-10 properties max.

Should not be too difficult to manage and is probably more appreciated than a separation of master threads for certain properties by a lot of members...

I am pretty sure that certain posters would keep it current, 2500 points in today's GPP world should not be underestimated.

I agree that it's a US issue.

If we (the mods) managed such a list, there will be complaints as soon as one property deviates from what was the norm. So we're not going to do it, if a member wants to take it on, please do so. Otherwise, my advice is take what you find here and verify with the property if a closed (or open) RC/GC is important to you

Napolehon Jan 27, 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17897422)
I agree that it's a US issue.

If we (the mods) managed such a list, there will be complaints as soon as one property deviates from what was the norm. So we're not going to do it, if a member wants to take it on, please do so. Otherwise, my advice is take what you find here and verify with the property if a closed (or open) RC/GC is important to you

I will volunteer and try to keep this list updated. this will at least give a good idea to everyone if they are closed.
It is definitely up to the individual to check with the hotel and not rely 100% on this list.

skj Jan 27, 2012 10:42 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 17896486)
I think Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, California lounge is closed on weekends, though it's been a while since I stayed there, so we'll need confirmation.

Thanks,
David

Yes, DN bonus and breakfast given for Fri, Sat and Sun night stays as of late last month ...

Crazyhotelguy Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Lounge closed on weekends.

peteropny Jan 27, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Napolehon (Post 17897556)
I will volunteer and try to keep this list updated. this will at least give a good idea to everyone if they are closed.
It is definitely up to the individual to check with the hotel and not rely 100% on this list.

Thank you for volunteering!!!

Napolehon Jan 27, 2012 11:39 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17898344)
Thank you for volunteering!!!

No problem. :) About time I start contributing to the FT community.

LeisureTraveler Jan 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Here's two that haven't been mentioned yet -- as always call to double-check

Irvine - Closes Friday after breakfast and reopens Monday morning.
Century City- Closes Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday morning.

johnep1 Jan 28, 2012 1:09 pm

GH NYC lounge is closing for renovations for the next 2 weeks (starting 1/29 I believe).