Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

List of all Regency / Grand Club closed - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
DN bonus: 2500 points for lounge closure
FAQ:
• T &C: During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
• So….
1) Denied access to open club - full breakfast in restaurant + 2500 points.
2) Temporarily closed club - doesn't matter if it’s seasonal or day of the week (e.g. closed on weekends) - full breakfast in restaurant + 2500 points.
3) No club at property (or permanently closed club) - full Breakfast in restaurant, NO 2500 points.
• It's not really a property discretion issue about the 2500 compensation points but Corporate CS will verify with the property that the RC/GC that is usually open was indeed closed on the date of the stay.
• 2500 points per stay, not night (including if you have a long stay covering 2 separate weekends)
• If closed for any part of your stay, even with breakfast vouchers, you are eligible. e.g., if closes Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday, guests staying on a Sunday night are eligible for the 2500 points.
• Some properties are good about posting this (HR Schaumburg) while others (HR Milwaukee) are not. May require a call on the Diamond line
• The bonus (in lieu of lounge access) is a Diamond benefit so you get it regardless of how you paid (points, cash&points, My Elite rate, corporate rate, Hotwire/Priceline,etc)
• DISCLAIMER: The times (months, days, hours) of lounge closure may fluctuate. Please take what you find here and verify with the property if a closed (or open) RC/GC is important to you.

United States
Arizona
California
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions Resort) -- Each summer they typically close the RC after July 4th until about Labor day.
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza -- closed Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday. Hence, guests staying on a Sunday night should be eligible for the 2500 points.
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa closed every year in late December to early January
Hyatt Regency Sacramento – closed Fri morning after breakfast and re-open Mon evening
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -- closed on weekends
Colorado
Connecticut
Hyatt Regency Greenwich – closed on weekends
Florida
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay – Now open 7 days a week
Hyatt Regency Miami - Closed for renovations until mid-Sept. 2016
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. - "The Regency Club rooms and lounge are closed on weekends – Friday through Sunday"
Georgia
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead -- closed Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday for the evening service. Hence, guests staying on a Sunday night should be eligible for the 2500 points
Hawaii
Illinois
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – no lounge, no bonus points
Hyatt Regency O'Hare - open 7 days a week
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg– used to be closed on weekends, lounge permanently closed January 2016
Indiana
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis – unstaffed on weekends. you will receive vouchers for appetizers in restaurant, and can grab non-alcoholic drinks in lounge. you will not receive 2.5k points
Kansas
N/A - Hyatt Regency Wichita has no lounge
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Hyatt Regency Baltimore -- closed for much of the winter months
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Hyatt Regency Rochester: lounge permanently closed, no bonus
Ohio
Oklahoma
Hyatt Regency Tulsa: lounge available to use on weekends, but no breakfast served (effectively closed)
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa -- close their RC's during the winter months, although they are open on major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, etc. so call ahead to get exact dates.
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort -- close their RC's during the slow months (spring, fall/winter), although they are sometimes open on major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, etc. so call ahead to get exact dates.
Hyatt North Dallas: lounge permanently closed, no bonus
Utah
Virginia
Hyatt Regency Reston: close Friday midday and reopens Monday morning for breakfast
Washington
Washington, DC
Wisconsin
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee – lounge closed on weekends

China
Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa – lounge is closed, although it is still mentioned on the hotel's website, so you should receive bonus points. Diamond members can order complimentary Happy Hour drinks (wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and juice) and snacks (spring rolls, dumplings, buns, sandwiches, cake) off a special menu between 5:30pm and 7:30pm in the Lobby Lounge.

Russia
Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg – lounge does not serve breakfast on any day; instead, full breakfast buffet in the restaurant is available free of charge, as well as bonus points (see review by paul00)
Print Wikipost

List of all Regency / Grand Club closed - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Would it be possible to make this a Sticky? Always have to hunt down that list and actually found 2-3 threads more all about the same topic.
It's possible but I'm reluctant to do it since there are already 5 stickys.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
HR Ahmedabad, India. Regency club yet to open (a brand new hotel).
Had to message HyattConcierge to get the points.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
So when the lounge is closed for a couple of days, you get breakfast vouchers for those two nights only right? Then back to the club.

Also are "club room" closed during that times or do they just book them under a different title, eg Standard King or View Double? Just curious how Diamond upgrades to best room, ie Club, works if the club is closed during part of the trip.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
It's possible but I'm reluctant to do it since there are already 5 stickys.
I find this more sticky worthy than the "Website Issues" thread.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I find this more sticky worthy than the "Website Issues" thread.
Yes I agree that this should have been a sticky. I had to search from this thread a couple of times.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by cdancer20
So when the lounge is closed for a couple of days, you get breakfast vouchers for those two nights only right? Then back to the club.
Technically, yes.

Also are "club room" closed during that times or do they just book them under a different title, eg Standard King or View Double? Just curious how Diamond upgrades to best room, ie Club, works if the club is closed during part of the trip.
I have found that in most hotels, club rooms are the same as all the rest. They may be on a higher floor/better location, closer to the club, and may have nicer amenities, but generally speaking, I haven't seen much difference.

They might put you in a club room even if the club is closed.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:40 am

Thanks for your response Mary2e! I thought that some hotels (not all) have club-only floors. Is this not that common?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:44 am

Some do have club only floors. I think the GH NYC does, as did the HR Chesapeake, and Waikiki, but there's no guaranteed you'll be put in one of those rooms if the hotel is full. I haven't been a few times even though I had club access. I know that I was given a choice of a less desirable view on the club floor or a fabulous view on another and I took the view

However, in the case of Waikiki, the club is no longer on those floors. But the amenities are nicer.

I think most do not have club floors and to me, it's really not a big deal. I would like to be closer to a club if there is one, but it's not a deal breaker, nor something I would even complain about, if I'm not on the same floor.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:03 am

Thanks. I was just curious. I'm actually using a DSU for the hotel in question so no need to worry about where I would be upgraded to. Plus, it's over New Year's in a major city so I definitely expect the hotel to be close to, if not at, capacity.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:10 am

Then expect a lousy suite

Just preparing you...
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:16 pm

At HR Hill Country..lounge closed for winter. They claimed it is on their website and I am not due points, but it I can't find it.
Can I get the points? Should I tweet or call the Diamond line?

Last edited by CherylD; Feb 12, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
It seems like they're just not selling RC rooms at all. Worth a try if you want 2.5k points, though I guess they can claim that they have no RC at all during winter.

Originally Posted by CherylD
At HR Hill Country..lounge closed for winter. They claimed it is on their website and I am not due points, but it I can't find it.
Can I get the points? Should I tweet or call the Diamond line?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:11 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay now open daily

You'll need to update the Wiki. GH Tampa Bay is now open daily. Check out their website (room descriptions), as well as the FlyerTalk Master Review thread for GH Tampa Bay.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Regency Tulsa club is closed on weekends. I heard they give a $16 voucher per person for restaurant breakfast. But, this hotel isn't a full Hyatt and doesn't participate in the diamond suite upgrade program. Does anyone know if they still have to give the 2,500 pts?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Intertraffic
Regency Tulsa club is closed on weekends. I heard they give a $16 voucher per person for restaurant breakfast. But, this hotel isn't a full Hyatt and doesn't participate in the diamond suite upgrade program. Does anyone know if they still have to give the 2,500 pts?
What do you mean not a full Hyatt? I think if it's a Hyatt Regency, that counts for full Hyatt. It has nothing to do with if they participate in DSUs. The rules though seem to be pretty straight forward, if the club is closed on a certain day, then you get points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.