Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

List of all Regency / Grand Club closed - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
DN bonus: 2500 points for lounge closure
FAQ:
• T &C: During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
• So….
1) Denied access to open club - full breakfast in restaurant + 2500 points.
2) Temporarily closed club - doesn't matter if it’s seasonal or day of the week (e.g. closed on weekends) - full breakfast in restaurant + 2500 points.
3) No club at property (or permanently closed club) - full Breakfast in restaurant, NO 2500 points.
• It's not really a property discretion issue about the 2500 compensation points but Corporate CS will verify with the property that the RC/GC that is usually open was indeed closed on the date of the stay.
• 2500 points per stay, not night (including if you have a long stay covering 2 separate weekends)
• If closed for any part of your stay, even with breakfast vouchers, you are eligible. e.g., if closes Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday, guests staying on a Sunday night are eligible for the 2500 points.
• Some properties are good about posting this (HR Schaumburg) while others (HR Milwaukee) are not. May require a call on the Diamond line
• The bonus (in lieu of lounge access) is a Diamond benefit so you get it regardless of how you paid (points, cash&points, My Elite rate, corporate rate, Hotwire/Priceline,etc)
• DISCLAIMER: The times (months, days, hours) of lounge closure may fluctuate. Please take what you find here and verify with the property if a closed (or open) RC/GC is important to you.

United States
Arizona
California
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Grand Champions Resort) -- Each summer they typically close the RC after July 4th until about Labor day.
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza -- closed Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday. Hence, guests staying on a Sunday night should be eligible for the 2500 points.
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa closed every year in late December to early January
Hyatt Regency Sacramento – closed Fri morning after breakfast and re-open Mon evening
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -- closed on weekends
Colorado
Connecticut
Hyatt Regency Greenwich – closed on weekends
Florida
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay – Now open 7 days a week
Hyatt Regency Miami - Closed for renovations until mid-Sept. 2016
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. - "The Regency Club rooms and lounge are closed on weekends – Friday through Sunday"
Georgia
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead -- closed Sunday after breakfast and reopens Monday for the evening service. Hence, guests staying on a Sunday night should be eligible for the 2500 points
Hawaii
Illinois
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – no lounge, no bonus points
Hyatt Regency O'Hare - open 7 days a week
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg– used to be closed on weekends, lounge permanently closed January 2016
Indiana
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis – unstaffed on weekends. you will receive vouchers for appetizers in restaurant, and can grab non-alcoholic drinks in lounge. you will not receive 2.5k points
Kansas
N/A - Hyatt Regency Wichita has no lounge
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Hyatt Regency Baltimore -- closed for much of the winter months
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Hyatt Regency Rochester: lounge permanently closed, no bonus
Ohio
Oklahoma
Hyatt Regency Tulsa: lounge available to use on weekends, but no breakfast served (effectively closed)
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa -- close their RC's during the winter months, although they are open on major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, etc. so call ahead to get exact dates.
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort -- close their RC's during the slow months (spring, fall/winter), although they are sometimes open on major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, etc. so call ahead to get exact dates.
Hyatt North Dallas: lounge permanently closed, no bonus
Utah
Virginia
Hyatt Regency Reston: close Friday midday and reopens Monday morning for breakfast
Washington
Washington, DC
Wisconsin
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee – lounge closed on weekends

China
Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa – lounge is closed, although it is still mentioned on the hotel's website, so you should receive bonus points. Diamond members can order complimentary Happy Hour drinks (wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and juice) and snacks (spring rolls, dumplings, buns, sandwiches, cake) off a special menu between 5:30pm and 7:30pm in the Lobby Lounge.

Russia
Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg – lounge does not serve breakfast on any day; instead, full breakfast buffet in the restaurant is available free of charge, as well as bonus points (see review by paul00)
Print Wikipost

List of all Regency / Grand Club closed - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Hmm...I think since the lounge is open but was just closed while you were there, you would be entitled to the points. Your problem was further complicated by the fact that you did not received the referenced ducats (though I think that is irrelevant). A lounge is more than a meal. It is a place to relax. Meal chits don't make you 100% whole even if you were to received them. Hence, the 2,500 point award should be honored.
Just received further clarification from Hyatt consumer affairs when I responded that coupons were not offered either. I was then offered the 2500 point exception for this oversight, but it was clarified that this is not now the case in which the lounge is ordinarily scheduled to be closed.

This represents a change in the program...or at least at this hotel from last year.

Again it was confirmed in this latest correspondence that when the hotel does not offer Club access or when the Club is regularly scheduled to be closed (in this case Fri-Sun at the HR N Dallas) you will receive full breakfast for each registered guest. 2,500 points when the Club is under renovation or closed for some other major reason.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by texmanufan
Just received further clarification from Hyatt consumer affairs when I responded that coupons were not offered either. I was then offered the 2500 point exception for this oversight, but it was clarified that this is not now the case in which the lounge is ordinarily scheduled to be closed.

This represents a change in the program...or at least at this hotel from last year.

Again it was confirmed in this latest correspondence that when the hotel does not offer Club access or when the Club is regularly scheduled to be closed (in this case Fri-Sun at the HR N Dallas) you will receive full breakfast for each registered guest. 2,500 points when the Club is under renovation or closed for some other major reason.
This is bad news! Can a Hyatt rep. please confirm this?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:16 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear Flyertalkers,

We apologize for the miscommunication however we have verified the correct information with Gold Passport Management regarding the 2500 points. When a hotel HAS a Regency/Grand club and it is closed for any reason (renovations, normal hours, etc) a Diamond member will receive 2,500 points as well as a daily full breakfast in the hotel restaurant for each registered guest up to four people. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Feb 10, 2012 at 11:55 am
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalkers,

We have verified the correct information regarding the 2500 points. When a hotel HAS a Regency/Grand club and it is closed for any reason (renovations, normal hours, etc) a Diamond member will receive 2,500 points as well as a daily full breakfast in the hotel restaurant for each registered guest up to four people. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Thank you for the clarification.

Can you provide verification of the situation at the Hyatt Regency North Dallas? Should we still be receiving the 2,500 points for weekend stays?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:49 am
Suspended

Dear Flyertalkers,

We have verified the correct information regarding the 2500 points. When a hotel HAS a Regency/Grand club and it is closed for any reason (renovations, normal hours, etc) a Diamond member will receive 2,500 points as well as a daily full breakfast in the hotel restaurant for each registered guest up to four people. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
So, then what was the problem (or, specifically, who was the source of this misunderstanding)? Did Hyatt customer care not know the rules or was it the property that was initially pushing back?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Thanks Chrissi for reiterating the policy and Texmanufan for sharing your experience.

The proper thread on this is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ny-reason.html

Check previous GCP Rep statements at post 4 and 12

Check previous re-corrects at post 103 and 135

Until a policy does change, I kinda like the idea that the DN applicability issues are discussed in the other thread, not this "List of all Regency Lounge Closed".
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:19 am

Dear Flyertalkers,

We apologize for the miscommunication however we have verified the correct information with Gold Passport Management regarding the 2500 points. When a hotel HAS a Regency/Grand club and it is closed for any reason (renovations, normal hours, etc) a Diamond member will receive 2,500 points as well as a daily full breakfast in the hotel restaurant for each registered guest up to four people. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Does this policy now include GH NYC?

IIRC, they used to have an exemption and it was in the T&Cs but I don't see it there now.

Thanks,
-David
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, CO/UA Gold, Marriott Gold
You can add HR Baltimore to the list as they are awarding the 2500 with the RC closed through much of the winter months.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Does this policy now include GH NYC?

IIRC, they used to have an exemption and it was in the T&Cs but I don't see it there now.

Thanks,
-David
Checked in last night to GH NYC.

Club is closed. Mentioned the points to check-in clerk - she had no idea what I was talking about and told me she never heard about that.

She went in back to get my breakfast coupons. When she came out, she said that her manager told her I was right about the 2500 points and she would put them in my account.

So you definitely have to ask, as it seems that many here don't even know about it.

Let's see if they show up...
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:51 pm

Thanks Marty. I think that exemption must have been temporary during the renovations. I haven't stayed there in ages.

-David
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Regency North Dallas

Apparently this hotel now claims that the Regency Club has been discontinued and therefore just because it's closed, I'm not entitled to my 2500 pts.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG
do you have to ask for the 2500 points, or will they be credited automatically?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by krazieman
Apparently this hotel now claims that the Regency Club has been discontinued and therefore just because it's closed, I'm not entitled to my 2500 pts.
I was told the same thing. The desk clerk claims that the Club closed "after the holidays" (I assume Christmas.)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Grand Hyatt New York Club Lounge Closed until 19 February 2012
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by HaryoS
Grand Hyatt New York Club Lounge Closed until 19 February 2012
Hmmm, it was initially closed till the 12th. Must be running behind schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.