Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt place Medford, MA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au

MOD: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MERGE IF THERE ACTUALLY IS A THREAD ON THIS PROPERTY THAT I DIDN'T FIND IN THE SEARCH

Introduction

Well I was in Boston area for an extended stay and chose to stay at this hotel because it provided the most affordable extended stay rate at the time.

Room

The room is pretty much, from what I understand, your standard room at a Hyatt Place. Sofa with pull out bed with a smallish wall partition from the bed, toilet with the sink outside, small fridge almost double the size of a mini bar fridge with a sink and a writing desk.

The TV is positioned in between the partition so you don't have the best angle watching it from either the sofa or the bed. And since I wasn't able swivel the TV left or right it was a little irritating.

Transportation

The hotel provides a free daily shuttle that drops you off within a 2 miles radius. The most popular stops should be the either Davis Square T stop on the red line or Wellington T stop on the orange line. The wait for the shuttle can take a while too as there is only 1 shuttle and at times I've waited up to 30-40 minutes for it.

Hotel service

The hotel has very differing service standards.

Some staff go the extra mile, while others really don't do their jobs at all.

House keeping is a real nightmare at this hotel imo because they seem to be very slip short in what they do and at times I'd go back and find no soap in the room.

Free Breakfast

They provide free continental breakfast. You can off course choose to order a la carte.

Hotel facilities

Free internet in the rooms, free internet with terminals in the lobby, free printing, swimming pool

Conclusion

I would not want to stay at this hotel again if I were given a choice, but at times staying at either of the Regency level hotels in the greater Boston area would be almost 200 more a night.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Medford, MA

Being a West Coast guy, I thought this was about a Hyatt Place in Medford, Oregon. A quick search found the city or town of Medford in 4 states. Didn't know there would be so many Medfords.

Thanks for the review anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jeeves
Being a West Coast guy, I thought this was about a Hyatt Place in Medford, Oregon. A quick search found the city or town of Medford in 4 states. Didn't know there would be so many Medfords.

Thanks for the review anyway.
Had the OP spelled it as it's pronounced, Meffa, we would have known exactly which one he is referring too!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Sept-2016 1 night stay at Hyatt Place Boston/Medford

Hyatt Place Boston/Medford

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

116 Riverside Ave Medford, MA US 02155

Sept-2016 1 night stay at Hyatt Place Boston/Medford (0 Photo)

Stayed here for 1 night on my road trip back from Maine.  The main purpose for the stay for the crash for the night before heading back to NYC.

I used a Chase free night cert that was about to expire for this stay.  Yes, I know it is waste of the cert.

I could have stayed in the city but the high price of parking, for essentially an overnight sleep and leave in the morning stay, made me pick this hotel.

Check In

I read the reviews online and called ahead about 3 hours prior to check in for a room not facing the highway.  I was told I would be in a particular room on the 7th floor.  Room number escapes my memory now.

At check in was given room on the 4th floor.  When asked what about the  room I was supposed to get on the 7th floor that I was told  they couldn't find any record of the converstaion.

Went to check out room and it was noisy.   Front desk played the game of we don't have anything else.  When pushed they offered a room on the 8h floor away from the highway.

Check in process with going up and back down took about 30 minutes and the kids were tired and ready to crash after a long day so that didn't help.

Room

Room was big and nice. 

A/C wall unit was loud but typical of this type of hotel.

Walls were thin and could hear the drinking party a couple of rooms over.

Hotel is adjacent  to Tuffts campus so don't know if a party moved over to the hotel.

Service

Service was extremely poor.  Front desk staff is not on their game at, at least the ones that checked us in.

Wasn't told about Platinum benefits which they mentioned to the customer in line in front of me so I over heard.

I called and asked to speak to the Manager about the check in mix up and was told there is no one here.  I left my phone number and did get a call/voice mail.  I called back and left another message but there was no follow up.

When discusing the poor customer service with the front desk, at one point the front desk person said something along the lines of: do you think I am going to work in hospitality all my life.  I polietly let her know that even if she thinks that way she doesn't need to share her opinion with me, a customer.

Service is extremely poor at this property and probably the worse Hyatt service I have ever experienced,  even worse than Hyatt Paris Etollie in Pa

Dining

Had the breakfast buffet and it was okay.  I found the selectia bit lacking.  The Hyatt Place in Protland, ME had a much better selection.

Hotel is right off the highway which is easy to get to but you also hear the highway noise at night if you are light sleep.

For the most part the hotel is perpendicular to the highway so you really can't avoid facing the highway

Overall

I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you are looking for a low category points redemption for a place to crash outside of Boston w/o staying in the city itself, and are aware the service is extremely poor.

Sept-2016 1 night stay at Hyatt Place Boston/Medford

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Place Boston/Medford?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.