Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City, NC - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

I stayed here for one night last week and found it to be good value. The East Trade Street location made for an easy walk to virtually anyplace in the business district. The property is in good condition. As a Diamond I was upgraded, after asking, to a small but comfortable corner suite. If I had been there longer I would have probably made use of what appeared to be a well equipped kitchenette. The complimentary breakfast was similar to that offered at an Embassy Suites property. The one drawback is that there is no self-parking; valet costs $22.00. However, there are several lots within one block or less of the hotel, and they appear to be safe.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Just stayed at this property and is much better than the HH near the airport. Of course this one is more expensive. Rooms are nicely decorated and bright, large bathroom, well equiped gym, and nice breakfast spread. This is probably the best Hyatt in the Charlotte area and it reminds me of a Hyatt Regency type hotel. Heck, this is probably better than some HRs in the US

If this is any indication of the type of hotel Sierra once was, I look forward to staying at more Sierra/HH properties in the future.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Recently had a Sun-Thur stay. No upgrade (didn't ask) but was put on 17th (top) floor. Elevators very quick.

Lobby is very impressive for this genre. It destroyed my most recent Hyatt Regency Lexington visit.

Breakfast was great. Your choice of omelette, "f"eggs, breakfast potatoes, rotation of sausage or bacon, and rotation of french toast or pancakes/biscuits and gravy.

Entire staff was nice and welcoming.

Only complaint was with valet. There's really only room for one car each way (pickup or dropoff). It was really horribly planned. I also had to find an attendant three times during my stay. It would have been much faster for me to pay $15 overnight on either corner of the hotel at those lots but wasn't worth the hassle on this trip since company was paying. If I was on my own dime, I'd park across street and save $7 and 5 minutes of my life.

Fitness center was fresh altho remote didn't really work. large tv and overlooks the small pool.

Can't beat the location - especially if attending an event at Time Warner Arena. literally on the same block and within 50 ft of each other. rail stop and Epicenter one block away.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:21 am

I agree this is a very good HH property. The seem to always put Diamond's on the top floor in corner rooms and the views are pretty good (for Charlotte).

The kitchens I have seen are always very well stocked with equipment. The location is great for most downtown stuff (very close to rail) and the lobby bar isn't bad.

I did get a complaint from my 12 year old that the pool and pool area is too small to be comfortably used.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, AA EXP MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First (oh boy)
Hyatt House Charlotte NC

I don't write reviews very often (about as many times as the government voluntarily cuts spending ) but in this case i have to just say color me impressed.

As I complete my first year with Hyatt and my final stay to get me to Diamond (having dumped hilton after a decade of Diamond with them, and still a loyal lifetime platinum with Starwood) I want to call out the Hyatt House in Charlotte, NC, as just a really nice place to stay and a 1-2 block walk from most of the office buildings. I've been here 5 times in the past 2-3 months, and am consistently impressed with the staff, the accommodations, the breakfast buffet, even the coffee :-)

Like I said, I don't write reviews often, probably because they end up about as detailed and useful as the one above, but there you go.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by corbetti

Like I said, I don't write reviews often, probably because they end up about as detailed and useful as the one above, but there you go.
Thank you for your comments especially on this property which has few comments.

Which property is this exactly? There are 2 Hyatt house properties in the area.

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 20, 2013 at 9:10 am
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, AA EXP MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First (oh boy)
It's the Hyatt House on Trade street, next door to the time warner cable arena.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by corbetti
It's the Hyatt House on Trade street, next door to the time warner cable arena.
Thanks I've merged your comments into the master thread.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Another great stay at this Hyatt House this week.

Charlotte is a terrible hotel town; with a ton of places that probably used to be good that are now trending OK to bad (Hilton, Omni); local options that aren't quite right (Dunhill), and low-to-mid tier hotels that charge like they're high end places (I'm looking at you, Hampton Inn and Courtyard).

So this Hyatt House is a welcomed change of pace. Great location in Uptown; reasonable rates ($150-$160), HUGE rooms with couches, comfortable beds, and big showers, a delicious free breakfast, incredibly friendly staff, and reasonable on-property valet ($22).

Only downside: slow WiFi and Ethernet this stay, which was a pain in the ....

Downside that's pretty cool: valet can be slow at times because this place is right next to the Time Warner Cable Arena and the Bobcats use this garage. I waited for 10-15 minutes a couple months back as an armada of Range Rovers, Porsches, and Jaguars rolled out of the garage. Plan accordingly if you're driving somewhere in the evening (practice days) or getting back to the hotel after a game.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 5:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Any stays more recent than 2014? I'm booked there in two weeks, if this is still the same property at 435 E. Trade St.

Taking advantage of the free parking for Globs promotion... which I'll be sad to see ending as parking fees for downtown properties usually push my nightly rate over the corporate limit or make it very unattractive compared to similar properties in the 'burbs.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:20 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I did one night here back in October, and it was a great stay for what it was. Valet parking was fast, FD was very friendly, and I thought the room was well-maintained, large, and comfortable. For dinner, I grabbed takeout from one of the restaurants in/near Epicentre. I can't for the life of me remember what the deal was with breakfast then. I kind of don't think I even ate breakfast at the hotel. Sorry, as I know that's probably one of the things people would most want to know about.

By the way, the thread name should probably be updated to Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by hp12c
I did one night here back in October, and it was a great stay for what it was. Valet parking was fast, FD was very friendly, and I thought the room was well-maintained, large, and comfortable. For dinner, I grabbed takeout from one of the restaurants in/near Epicentre. I can't for the life of me remember what the deal was with breakfast then. I kind of don't think I even ate breakfast at the hotel. Sorry, as I know that's probably one of the things people would most want to know about.

By the way, the thread name should probably be updated to Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City.
I don't know who can do that, but agreed. I don't eat breakfast anyway so that's not an issue but really hope there's coffee. Thx!

Update: I'm checked in. It's still valet-only parking which is unusual as every Hyatt I've stayed in that formerly had valet was self-park thanks to COVID, and I *hate* valet parking. Oh well at least it's comped for Globs.

They are also doing continental breakfast which to me is worthless, but might not be to someone else.

Last edited by born sleepy; Feb 21, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Checked in Thursday night for a one-night stay to take care of some appointments and look at some houses in Charlotte area.

Pros:
- Prob the nicest of the Charlotte-area Hyatt properties, for now (before Centric or HH Rea farms). Not saying much given the how Hyatt is wholly uncompetitive in CLT area
- Front Desk reception in evening exceptionally nice and friendly, as was the bartender
- Enthusiastically greeted as a Globalist and “bumped up” to a high floor, city view (same category as booked - studio room; not a suite)
- Granted 4pm late checkout with no issues
- Studio King room was clean, relatively large and modern. Solid all around
- large modern Lobby for a HH
- Friendly evening valet, but...

Cons:
- Valet parking was exceptionally slow. Waited 10 mins in the morning and over 20 mins Friday early afternoon. The property was not close to full. Was late to doctor appointment, which was the reason I was in town. Really not acceptable considering...
- $30 per night valet parking fee. I’d expect this to be more prompt given the relatively low occupancy and the cost. Really wish this was comped for Globs on paid stays
- COVID has done a number on the breakfast. The pre-packaged continental breakfast was weak. We normally stay out by CLT at the HP lake pointe, and that prepackaged breakfast is far superior to this HH breakfast. I dunno, I’d expect better I guess.

Overall:
- While the nicest physical Hyatt property in Charlotte IMO, with a nice staff, I’ll be avoiding until they offer a self-park option. Charging $30 per nite to wait 20 mins for valet parking just isn’t acceptable
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Street facing rooms can also have a good amount of street noise, with the bus line right there, and bus terminal a stone's throw away. Really odd how it's valet only, considering the elevator stops at the low floors (parking decks), and front desk staff self park there. Had no issues with valet wait, but that's with strategizing around a game that happened to be on at the adjacent event space.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Au4882
We normally stay out by CLT at the HP lake pointe, and that prepackaged breakfast is far superior to this HH breakfast. I dunno, I’d expect better I guess.
Can you comment on that HP? Concerning rash of recent reviews surrounding cleanliness/smoking, break-ins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.