Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Place Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I've stayed at the Fremont HP at least a dozen times and it's a solid property. Most HPs are like Fremont but there are some that are a notch or two below.

Glad to hear of the new breakfast offerings. I haven't stayed at a HP this year, so haven't been able to give it a try.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:58 am

There was an ad in yesterday's USA Today for some new breakfast item at "selected locations". It was an item that didn't resonate with me (I'm vegetarian). There was a URL provided. Does someone have yesterday's USA Today? Might be good info for this thread.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:06 am

Answered my own request. Found that Hyatt Place breakfast URL:
Here

Introducing the a.m. Kitchen Skillet™. Always free. Always plenty to choose from. Whether it’s hot breakfast sandwiches, steel-cut oatmeal or fresh fruit, we know how important a good breakfast is to your stay.

Our new a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ includes:

Skillets
-Hot breakfast sandwiches, including low-carb options
-Hot sweet items, including waffles, pancake and cinnamon French toast

Bread Box
-Freshly baked pastries
-Thick sourdough and multigrain breads

Bowls
-Steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, cottage cheese
-Assorted toppings
-Fresh Fruit
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Originally Posted by joel67
Also stayed in Fremont and enjoyed the breakfast. This was my first time at a Hyatt Place and I was quite favorably impressed. It seemed to have a better balance of features for me and a more upscale look and feel than most of the competitive properties from Marriott or Hilton that I've frequented in recent years. In fact, my discovery of the HP group of reasonably priced and fairly numerous hotels is leading me to consider moving much of my business back to Hyatt, where I had enjoyed Diamond status for a number of years in the old days. Bottom line is that one decent breakfast can definitely attract a frequent traveler.
I'm staying in the HP in Waikiki right now, and I feel precisely the same way. This is such a qualitative step up over the comparable Marriott offering (Courtyard) that I'm seriously considering jumping the Marriott ship....
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
It is a great concept, but training and implementation have been lacking. At the Dulles East HP, they just rolled out the sandwiches a few days ago, but they are put on the warming plate straight from the fridge, and that warming plate was cool enough that I could leave my hand on it for several seconds. The idiot actually told me that the plate would warm the ice cold sandwiches. Maybe in a couple of hours...
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:29 pm
HCA

Nice move. This may let me go back to try HP again next time.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
If you like the HP's new breakfast offering, may I recommend trying breakfast at former Sierra hotels (now Hyatt House). From my experience, the Sierra breakfast is several notches above HP.

Note the former Summerfield Suites Hyatt House breakfast may look very much like what is offered at HP. So make sure it is an ex-Sierra hotel if you want to experience the difference.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
If you like the HP's new breakfast offering, may I recommend trying breakfast at former Sierra hotels (now Hyatt House). From my experience, the Sierra breakfast is several notches above HP.

Note the former Summerfield Suites Hyatt House breakfast may look very much like what is offered at HP. So make sure it is an ex-Sierra hotel if you want to experience the difference.
I haven't tried the new HP breakfast but I agree with your assessment of Hotel Sierra breakfast.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
There was an ad in yesterday's USA Today for some new breakfast item at "selected locations". It was an item that didn't resonate with me (I'm vegetarian). There was a URL provided. Does someone have yesterday's USA Today? Might be good info for this thread.
At least one of the HPs I stayed at also had a veggie breakfast sandwich. Looked like mushroom, feta cheese and some greens of some kind.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by seaduck79
At least one of the HPs I stayed at also had a veggie breakfast sandwich. Looked like mushroom, feta cheese and some greens of some kind.
Sincere thanks for the information. I'm on the "stricter" side of vegetarian i- no dairy, eggs... - so this wouldn't be quite right for me - but it's otherwise a pretty appealing meatless option.

But I'm curious: would simply adding a breakfast sandwich or pancake to a breakfast menu really switch a "no" to a "yes"? If so, it seems like a low-cost approach.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:28 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

My two cents

I still avoid Hyatt Place properties as a last resort.
In the markets I travel typically they can be more expensive than a number of superior 4 star properties
Of course there are cities where HP can be a very good value for lodging.
I know I will be roasted at some point for saying this however...........

The new breakfast is repulsive to me.
Dried powdered microwave eggs
Awful dried out hockey puck egg sandwiches and microwaved bacon
Thats the improved offerings I stick with cottage cheese their mediocre fruit typically and cereal

My family member in their early 20s insisted we go somewhere else for breakfast
They are from a rural part of Florida and not food sophisticated.They compared it to bad college dorm food
So we drove to the Hilton Garden Inn and had a much better at least avearge expected experience even though we had to pay.
And a really wonderful French cafe for breakfast the next day.

The HP plastic chutes that dispenses cheap off brand cereal drop cereal frequently all over the floor.
HP is okay for a night however I don't eat poor quality food anywhere on the road or at home.
It reminds me of Holiday Inn Express where I have also not been a fan but at least they have individual name brand cereal boxes and sealed containers of yogurt not left open.

Why does one have to eat slop for hundreds of dollars a night with or with Diamond status?
Hyatt has a way with food and beverage all over the world in many properties
Hyatt Place IMHO has a longggggggggggg way to go in upping their breakfast game inside Hyatt Place properties
Sorry HP place breakfast lovers of the world
However the presentation is very nice as plastic plates go
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Hyatt Place Waikiki had what looked like a decent spread. It was jammed and picked over so we skipped it and went elsewhere. It does have Asian offerings - rice, miso, pickles if you that way inclined.

Coffee in the am was great.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Sincere thanks for the information. I'm on the "stricter" side of vegetarian i- no dairy, eggs... - so this wouldn't be quite right for me - but it's otherwise a pretty appealing meatless option.

But I'm curious: would simply adding a breakfast sandwich or pancake to a breakfast menu really switch a "no" to a "yes"? If so, it seems like a low-cost approach.
Actually, they not only had waffles with syrup, strawberry puree and something else I can't remember, but french toast as well. The fruit/yogurt was still there, and they upgraded the bread to more whole grain types rather than just plain white and a barely better wheat. Once the hotels figure out how to deliver it effectively, it looks like a definite upgrade.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Why does one have to eat slop for hundreds of dollars a night with or with Diamond status?
Who pays "hundreds of dollars a night" to stay at hyatt house/place?!?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
There's a PDF with a list of locations serving the new breakfast here:

Hyatt Place Kitchen Skillet Property List

Hopefully they'll keep it updated.

For those who have seen the new options -- are there any provisions for carrying food out? The sandwiches sound like a nice option for "grab and go" mornings, but a simple stack of paper bags or paper to wrap them in would go a long way toward making that feasible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.