Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hyatt | Gold Passport
Sign in using an external account

View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Hyatt Gold Passport? READ BELOW BEFORE VOTING
Bonus Points 13 19.12%
Room/Suite Upgrades 21 30.88%
Early check-in/Late check-out 1 1.47%
Complimentary Internet 2 2.94%
I nominate a different benefit see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW) 5 7.35%
Diamond Amenity 3 4.41%
Regency Club Access/Free Breakfast Benefit 23 33.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 23, 11, 2:43 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 203
FlyerTalk Awards: Hyatt Gold Passport (Americas) benefits nominations

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

If you have a suggestion for a name change for one of the benefits listed, according to your specific knowledge of the program, post it below; for instance, if this program’s “Bonus Points” benefit has a specific name, that specificity will help voters when ballots come out in January.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote!

Polls open Monday November 28, 2011
Polls close Friday December 9, 2011

Happy nominating!

For more information about the 2012 FlyerTalk Awards:
www.flyertalk.com/awards

Last edited by IBLib; Nov 23, 11 at 6:50 pm.
IBLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 11, 9:11 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Programs: AA-ExPlat / UA-1K Un-Rising / Hyatt-Diamond / HHonors-Diamond
Posts: 1,192
I'm probably the odd man out, but I vote "other" for the "Diamond Amenity"
In US properties, you can choose the miles (Which I think most folks choose) or a food and beverage amenity which is typically a bottle of wine and upscale snack offering. After a day on the road, I actually appreciate relaxing in my room with some vino and a lite meal.
__________________
Airliner Nut www.hangar64.pair.com
steve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 11, 5:25 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: stuck at home now.
Programs: status-less.
Posts: 483
I voted 'other' for the Regency Club access, amenity & suite upgrade certificates of the Diamond level.
jtaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 11, 5:50 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SFO/OGG
Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Diamond
Posts: 372
Regency club access
Maui4me1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 3:21 am   #5
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Makawao, Maui (upper u s), HI
Posts: 10,681
RC access and/or full breakfast benefit when club is closed (+ 2500 points for the club being closed) or if there is no club at full service properties.

ie, Andaz, PH, etc all provide full breakfast benefit in the restaurant for Diamond members, since they have no Regency Club.

It's a great benefit and Hyatt/GP does it with class.

The choices in the poll are really not very appropriate for Hyatt/GP for this year. What bonus points? Room upgrades? What?

How about this list instead?

1. RC Access/Breakfast benefit for Diamonds
2. Diamond Amenity
3. 4 Guaranteed Suite Upgrades for Diamonds
4. Early checkin/Late Checkout benefits for Diamonds
5. Other.


-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 1, 11 at 3:27 am.
LIH Prem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 9:46 am   #6
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOS and ...
Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, CC Gold, HH Gold, GP 1M, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Posts: 8,969
I think I foresee a tension developing here - given the structure of the Gold Passport program - in that the benefits fall off considerably outside of Diamond level. Now, if the poll, and the election that will be based on it, were specifically about the "Hyatt Diamond program" per se rather than the "Hyatt Gold Passport program" it might be a horse of a different color - or all apples, to use another metaphor - IMO.

That said, option 5: breakfast of one sort or another at Diamond. (Why did they leave breakfast out?)

Which is why, early in 2011, I jumped on the Hilton 4-stay to breakfast - er - Gold, until March 2013.

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 1, 11 at 10:02 am.
Firewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 1:09 pm   #7
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve64 View Post
I vote "other" for the "Diamond Amenity"
In US properties, you can choose the miles (Which I think most folks choose) or a food and beverage amenity which is typically a bottle of wine and upscale snack offering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaft View Post
I voted 'other' for the Regency Club access, amenity & suite upgrade certificates of the Diamond level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIH Prem View Post
RC access and/or full breakfast benefit when club is closed (+ 2500 points for the club being closed)

ie, Andaz, PH, etc all provide full breakfast benefit in the restaurant for Diamond members, since they have no Regency Club.

1. RC Access/Breakfast benefit for Diamonds
2. Diamond Amenity
3. 4 Guaranteed Suite Upgrades for Diamonds
4. Early checkin/Late Checkout benefits for Diamonds
5. Other.
Thank you for this great feedback! We have limited poll slots, but I'm adding/modifying poll options accordingly in all Hyatt regions polls:

1. Bonus Points
2. Room/Suite Upgrades
3. Early check-in/Late check-out
4. Complimentary Internet
5. I nominate a different benefit see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
6. Free breakfast
7. Diamond Amenity
8. Regency Club Access

If you have previously voted "other" your vote will be counted manually if you nominate your *top* single benefit.

Paul
IBobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:04 pm   #8
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOS and ...
Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, CC Gold, HH Gold, GP 1M, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Posts: 8,969
Arrow

IBLib, in your OP, you say the poll ends 12/9, and in the frame above the poll, it says 12/11. If you are working off boilerplate in your post, and you want to address this, you might also let IBobi and whoever else at IB is putting these up, know.

I'm posting this in more than one poll because I see that there are at least two of you putting these up, and there are multiple changes to the poll choices underway on at least some of the boards.

I started a RBP, but then it occurred to me that it would probably go to peteropny and Markie, but that probably wouldn't be right.
Firewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:08 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
IBLib, in your OP, you say the poll ends 12/9, and in the frame above the poll, it says 12/11. If you are working off boilerplate in your post, and you want to address this, you might also let IBobi and whoever else at IB is putting these up, know.

I'm posting this in more than one poll because I see that there are at least two of you putting these up, and there are multiple changes to the poll choices underway on at least some of the boards.
Hello Firewind. No need to worry about the dates on all polls. The voting will be closed on the 9th. We'll only count for those votes up until 11:59:59 PM on 12/9.
IBLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:19 pm   #10
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Makawao, Maui (upper u s), HI
Posts: 10,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
6. Free breakfast
8. Regency Club Access
Thanks for updating the list. Though I think the RC access/free breakfast are really the same benefit at Hyatt/GP.

You either get RC access (and you get breakfast in the RC, of varying types depending on where you are in the world) OR at full service brands with no RC or a closed RC, you get a free restaurant breakfast for everybody registered to your room including tax and tip. At properties with an RC, if the RC is closed, you also get 2500 GP points bonus in addition to the free breakfast benefit. I believe the bonus points are per day.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 1, 11 at 3:04 pm.
LIH Prem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:30 pm   #11
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOS and ...
Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, CC Gold, HH Gold, GP 1M, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Posts: 8,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLib View Post
Hello Firewind. No need to worry about the dates on all polls. The voting will be closed on the 9th. We'll only count for those votes up until 11:59:59 PM on 12/9.
Thank you, IBLib, for this and the PM saying never mind. This frame says 12/11, the Hilton and Choice Privileges ones say 12/10, and you say 12/9. I'm pretty sure you know your audience here. Even allowing for the 24-hour world we live in, the sooner you catch this, as you have with the polls' content, the fewer challenges you'll face on 12/10 and 12/11. (And the fewer times you'll have to hear from mods dealing with RBPs.)
Firewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 3:09 pm   #12
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIH Prem View Post
Thanks for updating the list. Though I think the RC access/free breakfast are really the same benefit at Hyatt/GP.

You either get RC access (and you get breakfast in the RC, of varying types depending on where you are in the world) OR at full service brands with no RC or a closed RC, you get a free restaurant breakfast for everybody registered to your room including tax and tip. At properties with an RC, if the RC is closed, you also get 2500 GP points bonus in addition to the free breakfast benefit. I believe the bonus points are per day.

-David
I see; is RC access limited to breakfast time only? Otherwise it could count as two separate benefits, with overlap during morning hours...
IBobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 4:16 pm   #13
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Makawao, Maui (upper u s), HI
Posts: 10,681
No, but the Diamond breakfast benefit at full service Hyatt brands is only offered if there is no RC or if the RC is closed.

It is really the same benefit. And it's one of the things that distinguishes Hyatt from the competition.

(Think about a free fancy room service breakfast for 2 at Andaz Fifth Ave, for example. http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...o-in-new-york/)

It's "RC Access or free breakfast benefit at full service brands for Diamond members"

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 1, 11 at 4:25 pm.
LIH Prem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 5:07 pm   #14
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,717
Change made in all regions.

Thanks LIH!
IBobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 6:41 pm   #15
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 14,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
I started a RBP, but then it occurred to me that it would probably go to peteropny and Markie, but that probably wouldn't be right.
We have nothing to do with this LOL.
peteropny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:02 pm.