Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:45 pm
pdb
Original Poster

HR Boston Harborside still uses the Portico White Ginger products.

When I was at the HR Hua Hin, I was surprised to see Portico products; however, the fragrance there is Verbena--and it was a very pleasant fragrance. I have seen Portico Citrus-Lavender as well as Eucalyptus at various Hyatt properties in the USA. I'm not sure why they became so fixated on the the White Ginger fragrance; however, my guess is that there is probably still a significant inventory overhang of the White Ginger products.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by wlau
I was just there the same night - still White Ginger. Same goes for HR Orange County.

I love Hyatt for the most part but this White Ginger crap might be enough for me to leave the chain. I hope this news is for real, not like the last time they announced the change but never happened.
Why not just request the alternate bath amenities at check-in?

You even commented on them in post #51. Just ask for them at check-in and they will send them up to your room. Or if you forget, when you get to your room, just call housekeeping and ask for them.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 2, 2012 at 8:30 pm
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Why not just request the alternate bath amenities at check-in?

You even commented on them in post #51. Just ask for them at check-in and they will send them up to your room. Or if you forget, when you get to your room, just call housekeeping and ask for them.

-David
I request them, but not all Hyatt has the back up stuff. I know HP does not carry any back up brand and HH doesn't carry it either. Sometimes, the housekeeping staff would throw out the better stuff after the 1st night and restock White Ginger again. I feel bad keep calling housekeeping about this. It's better that Hyatt just change to better products.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by wlau
I request them, but not all Hyatt has the back up stuff. I know HP does not carry any back up brand and HH doesn't carry it either. Sometimes, the housekeeping staff would throw out the better stuff after the 1st night and restock White Ginger again. I feel bad keep calling housekeeping about this. It's better that Hyatt just change to better products.
Yeah, understood.

If you are regular at some of full service properties, you can start a dialogue with them to get them to do it automatically for you. They do it for me at SFO, and I didn't even request it. The full service properties should have the ability to keep notes about their frequent guests.

-David
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:01 pm

Still White Ginger at HR Santa Clara .. called down and asked for the alternate amenities.

I think the WSJ story which was retweeted by the mainstream bloggers en masse was premature.

-David
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
At GH Istanbul now and June Jacobs 'Green Tea' has replaced the previous l'Occitane Verbena

Will update post in the morning once I've tried it....

Update after trying shampoo, soap and conditioner (not the norm for me but for the good of my fellow FTers):
Not bad. Certainly better than Water l'Eau, but I still think I prefer the l'Occitane.
+1

Tried out the JJ stuff at GH Istanbul and was great! No complaints here.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:05 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The PH MEL has replaced Blaise Martin with Le Labo Bergamote 22

Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The PH MEL has replaced Blaise Martin with Le Labo Bergamote 22

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 3, 2013 at 8:09 pm Reason: Removal of quoted picture
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:10 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
You get Aveda in the premium suites. Don't care anyway, I travel with my own products,
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You get Aveda in the premium suites. Don't care anyway, I travel with my own products,
I guess everyone has their own preferences, but I would consider Le Labo superior to Aveda.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by dw
I guess everyone has their own preferences, but I would consider Le Labo superior to Aveda.
^^

But either Le Labo or Aveda are far superior to that JJ or White Ginger junk.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:08 am

HR SFO tonight ... rez made same day so no chance for them to set up room with upgraded amenities in advance this time, still white ginger. Called h/k for alternate amenities.

-David
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
^^

But either Le Labo or Aveda are far superior to that JJ or White Ginger junk.

^^^^^^

I am done with Hyatt for the year. I am hoping by next year, the old stuff will be depleted out of most hotels, but I am not holding my breath. Hyatt did a PR about this last year but the roll out never occurred. I am tired of being teased
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Still at Hyatt Grand San Fran

I hate the White Ginger.

Who knew that this pest would be so difficult to eradicate?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Very good article... no mention of Hyatt tho??? So not only has gold passport sunk to horrible levels... Hyatt continues to have crappy boring Portico products while Marriott gives you the good stuff even at a Courtyard!!! Well at least Hyatt investors are happy!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/hotelc...ioner/1764761/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.