Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Fort Myers - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist

I am not a fan of HP but was working on a GP promo so stayed here. My flight at RSW came in at 10:30 pm; their shuttle service stops at 10 pm but they said they would come get me. Took quite awhile for the shuttle to arrive. In hindsight this is not really an airport hotel, and I was starting to wish I'd booked a different hotel as I stood watching those vans come and go. From the time I started waiting until I stepped into my room was 1 hour, 20 minutes; the only saving grace was my timeclock still being on Pacific time. Grabbed one of the 2 salads remaining in their front desk case. Didn't realize you could order from the menu, until I saw the sign the next morning; not sure it would have been any better. Salad was okay after a full day of flying west to east coast.

The room was different that other HP's I've seen. Smaller, but that's not an issue for 1-2 people. No microwave or frig, which I never need anyway; just a coffee maker. The bathroom set up was better--bigger toilet/shower space (large shower). Sink area layout didn't seem quite as bad, as far as light bothering a second person sleeping. AC/heating unit was on a thermostat--good! But it was still by the bed blowing--bad. Bed was comfy, everything was clean.

Breakfast area was a better setup as well, more tables and not the feeding frenzy I usually see. Food was the same.

The location does seem remote, so you'll need a car; not much around--definitely nothing within walking distance. This was built as a Hyatt Place, not converted from some other chain, so that's probably the difference in room layout. It was fine if you need a stay in the area, but I would not recommend as an airport hotel.

My biggest problem came with the billing. Foolishly (in hindsight) I used my $75 IHG gift card. Total bill was $87 so the remainder (I thought) went on my cc. Noticed later the entire amount charged on my cc and 0 remaining on my gift card. Called three times for the asst manager, left 3 messages over the course of a week. She never had the courtesy to return my calls. Fourth time, I asked for the GM who was very apologetic and fixed the double-charge problem right away. Time-consuming lesson learned for me, don't use gift cards at HP.

For the right price, this is an okay HP.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Steph58
The room was different that other HP's I've seen. Smaller, but that's not an issue for 1-2 people. No microwave or frig, which I never need anyway; just a coffee maker. The bathroom set up was better--bigger toilet/shower space (large shower). Sink area layout didn't seem quite as bad, as far as light bothering a second person sleeping. AC/heating unit was on a thermostat--good! But it was still by the bed blowing--bad. Bed was comfy, everything was clean.

Breakfast area was a better setup as well, more tables and not the feeding
frenzy I usually see. Food was the same.

This was built as a Hyatt Place, not converted from some other chain, so that's probably the difference in room layout.
From the official site pictures - this is a purpose built HP (and not one of the renovated AmeriSuites) - that probably explains the difference (I agree).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.