Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt 48 Lex REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - LEAVING HYATT 9/1/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt 48 Lex REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - LEAVING HYATT 9/1/15

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:22 am

Jut stayed here for a couple of nights and returning for a third tonight. Was upgraded to a suite one of the nights that had a nice sofa bed. Gym here is starting to show its wear. The touchscreens on their cardio machines don't work very well.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
I received an interesting email this morning from Hyatt Service Desk. It states that, "as of September 1st, 2015 the hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hyatt." It was signed by the property GM.

Did anyone else receive this?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:26 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
I received an interesting email this morning from Hyatt Service Desk. It states that, "as of September 1st, 2015 the hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hyatt." It was signed by the property GM.

No haven't heard a word of this and one can book rooms on points or revenue for October currently
Very odd.Disappointing if true.It was a nice option if one of my faves was sold out
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic

Yes I did receive it. Probably since I have a booking for November.
Just cancelled it after their message.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by luial
Yes I did receive it. Probably since I have a booking for November.
Just cancelled it after their message.
So Sad
It was a nice property however I wont miss Lexington Brass and their semi raw runny eggs (ugh)

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 31, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
This used to be my favorite NYC Hyatt, but after a run of bad service I've moved over to the Herald Square property.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:20 pm

Liked the location, but we also had some bad experiences at Lexington brass.... So it's been over a year and half since our last stay..... Luckily there are now several hyatt options in NYC.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 am

I just received the email this morning (have a January reservation). The email says to call 800-323-7240 if you have any questions. I called the number and it appears to be some sort of scam/spam phone number. It was totally automated. First it tried to give me a "free" medical alert bracelet. Then it tried to sell me a Restaurant.com gift card. Then it tried to get me to switch to T-Mobile. Then it tried selling me ADT home security. Then DISH Network... It was going on and on until I hung up.

Seriously, what the heck Hyatt????
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I just received the email this morning (have a January reservation). The email says to call 800-323-7240 if you have any questions. I called the number and it appears to be some sort of scam/spam phone number. It was totally automated. First it tried to give me a "free" medical alert bracelet. Then it tried to sell me a Restaurant.com gift card. Then it tried to get me to switch to T-Mobile. Then it tried selling me ADT home security. Then DISH Network... It was going on and on until I hung up.

Seriously, what the heck Hyatt????
Ah, figured it out. The number they should have put in there is 800-323-7249. They had a typo in their own email... I checked it multiple times. Good going Hyatt!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Finally not coming up on Hyatt.com so I guess it's official. Wonder what happened for it to de-flag so quickly.

I'll really miss it. Lexington Brass not quite pulling it off, inconsistent housekeeping and all. It was still my favorite in NYC.

Anyone there to ask what it is morphing into?

Last edited by jayer; Jul 27, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
Ah, figured it out. The number they should have put in there is 800-323-7249. They had a typo in their own email... I checked it multiple times. Good going Hyatt!
I called the scam number too. Then decided to check FT and saw this. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I only had one stay at 48 Lex, which I thought was decent, so I am sorry to hear that they are leaving the Hyatt family.

Hope to hear more about what prompted this.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Their Story and They Are Sticking To it

Mrs. Jayer needed to be in New York for a few days and by coincidence booked the last night 48 Lex was a Hyatt. They were telling everybody that would listen that Hyatt refused to let them upgrade and upmarket the hotel into a luxury boutique niche. So they told Hyatt goodbye and became independent.

At high noon employees flooded into the hotel and started ripping out sheets, towels, bathrobes, and toiletries and throwing them into the dumpster. Mattresses are going out over the next few weeks. (If they were just being trashed she should have grabbed a couple of monogrammed robes for souvenirs). It got so frantic they blew off late checkout and left for the airport.

She said the wonderfully unpredictable Lexington Brass was really on, and the Lexicon Lounge was never better. Sorry I had to work and not go with her. With work travel gone I have to concentrate just to retain Diamond so probably the end of the place for us, but I have memories.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:28 pm

Wow, thanks for the report. Crazy how that all was happening!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
Mrs. Jayer needed to be in New York for a few days and by coincidence booked the last night 48 Lex was a Hyatt. They were telling everybody that would listen that Hyatt refused to let them upgrade and upmarket the hotel into a luxury boutique niche. So they told Hyatt goodbye and became independent.

At high noon employees flooded into the hotel and started ripping out sheets, towels, bathrobes, and toiletries and throwing them into the dumpster. Mattresses are going out over the next few weeks. (If they were just being trashed she should have grabbed a couple of monogrammed robes for souvenirs). It got so frantic they blew off late checkout and left for the airport.

She said the wonderfully unpredictable Lexington Brass was really on, and the Lexicon Lounge was never better. Sorry I had to work and not go with her. With work travel gone I have to concentrate just to retain Diamond so probably the end of the place for us, but I have memories.
Appreciate the sad update
While I will miss the location,accommodations and so many of their wonderful inspired team I will not miss Lexington Brass culinary wise
I liked many of the servers at Lexington Brass.... good group
Good riddance from a food point of view
I had far more bad meals there then good but when the former chefs were there they could do some really nice dishes

As for wanting to be the next Andaz or Luxury W good luck
Its was a perfectly nice hotel that is boutique like but far from luxury
Let them dream on and their rates were frequently absurd when you could have Andaz for the same $$$ amount of 500 per night or other properties to choose from.
We came because it was a Hyatt and they featured highly satisfactory recognition consistently ^ something a select few other properties could learn from
Good luck to them I hope it works out.Next!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.