Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Avia in downtown Napa. I figured I would share experiences as the front desk had just been through Gold Passport training. First off, the hotel is very nice. It is a centralized downtown location and walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The self parking is not too bad but behind the hotel on the 3rd and 4th floors. The lobby is nice and modern. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food. Our room was 208 and it was really great. The bathroom has a rain shower along with hand shower, a sitting area in the shower, and double sinks. The amenities are very nice. The room had a very comfortable king bed, a chair with desk next to it, a large sitting chair, and a bench beneath the 42" LCD TV. There was a nice mini bar that was electronically sensored, and an area for personal items. The coffee service was PODS and there was nightly water with turndown service. The real highlight of the room was the balcony. It was approx. 500 sq. ft. and came with 2 chaise loungers and a table for 4. It was very nice to enjoy a bottle of wine before dinner and enjoy the nice mild weather. I was very satisfied with the room.
As I checked out, there was a discrepancy with the bill as I was charged for parking. I spoke to her about the pending change and she was informative. Please to not take these a concrete things because it was one host.
-It will be branded a Hyatt September 1st
-She did not know which brand of Hyatt (my guess would be Andaz)
-I made the comment it could not be a Park Hyatt due to lack of high end restaurant. She said that they are interested in buying the attached retail space and putting in a top notch restaurant.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:14 am
Community Director Emerita

Thank you for the report. I'm looking forward to having a Hyatt option in Napa.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:43 am

Shouldn't this be bookable?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Yessssssss a Hyatt in Napa will be a great addition.

I'm going to be shocked if they dont do some upgrades and brand it as a Park Hyatt.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
PH in the bay area would be nice.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by gwhite216
Please to not take these a concrete things because it was one host.
-It will be branded a Hyatt September 1st
If true, awesome. I need to be in the Napa area in Nov and would love to stay at a Hyatt.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Amarante
+1
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Suite! Er, sweet!

Coincidentally, I recently watched a TV report about the makeover/rebirth along the Napa River, including "before and after" videos. Napa itself has long been known as the city you drive through to heaven, which provides all the things a normal city should (and a couple of nicer hotels) leaving most of the rest of the valley free of the likes of auto repair shops, fast food franchises etc. Some may remember that the river flooded in a major way right through town a few years ago. To be sure, the whole city has not been made over, but the area along the river has definitely been re-conceived (including by the Corps of Engineers), and the grand opening is either now or recent. Now, it's graced with a promenade and new chefs-of-note restaurants, shops, and room for more. Many, including many here, seem to agree that it's a franchise that was waiting to be exploited. Hopefully, the Hyatt is nearby.

(And to commenters whom I was just overwriting, we may see it on the same path to Hyatt as the Mar Monte in Santa Barbara -- q.v. on this board. Or maybe not.)

On another track, it's so nice to see Hyatt still in the growth mode.

Last edited by Firewind; Aug 31, 2011 at 9:40 pm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Amarante
The booking page is here: http://www.avianapa.hyatt.com/hyatt/...escription.jsp

However, when I tried to book a 2012 date it responded as being sold out.

Last edited by agrater; Aug 31, 2011 at 10:10 pm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, agrater. Looks as though it's further along toward Hyatt than the Mar Monte was when it was adopted. A little hard to say, though, as it also looks as though the photos that the page's links promise have been seriously curbed.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by agrater
The booking page is here: http://www.avianapa.hyatt.com/hyatt/...escription.jsp

However, when I tried to book a 2012 date it responded as being sold out.
Thanks. It doesn't show up on basic search still.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Firewind
To be sure, the whole city has not been made over, but the area along the river has definitely been re-conceived (including by the Corps of Engineers), and the grand opening is either now or recent.
I was up there two weeks ago and popped into the Oxbow Market which is thriving and next to Copia (not sure anything is happening with that building since the 2008 closure). The road was closed on the west side and had to come in from the east which is easy enough to do. Probably open by now. Plenty of parking in the lot adjoining.
http://www.oxbowpublicmarket.com/

Had lunch with a friend that came over from Yountville at Gott's Roadside (used to be Taylor's Refresher) next door. Plenty of outdoor seating there and a nice, reasonably priced place for a salad or burger. Pretty good lemonade, too. Have been there or the one in St. Helena a couple times.
http://gotts.com/
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:10 am
Suspended

All 4 AVIA's show up in basic search now and seem to be bookable now except it doesn't look like award or AAA rate nights have been loaded yet.

Interesting that they kept the AVIA name for all four of them; I wonder if this will be a temporary or permanent new sub-brand for Hyatt? The fact that the Hotel Sierra's also show up as a separate sub-brand on Hyatt.com makes me think this is just a temporary step to get them on board as quickly as possible, and that eventually they may still switch to a different existing Hyatt brand.

Update: Award availability is now showing up for AVIA Long Beach now - showing up as a cat 3 (12,000 pts). I doubt Napa will be that low!

Last edited by oc2005; Sep 1, 2011 at 7:26 am Reason: Update
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Glad to finally see a Hyatt in Napa!

I presume this property does not have a RC? (I'm a big fan of free breakfast and 2,500 points, especially if its in Napa...)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Glad to finally see a Hyatt in Napa!

I presume this property does not have a RC? (I'm a big fan of free breakfast and 2,500 points, especially if its in Napa...)
If there is never an operating RC/GC at the property - you are not entitled to DN 2500 points (that's only for "temporarily closed" RC/GC - weekends, seasonal etc).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.