Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Generally speaking, if you are Diamond and need to be in the area, sure. Rooms are good, free parking, downtown Napa area is cool. I'd try to avoid the night staff, our experience was subpar and witnessed shocking treatment of an elderly couple ahead of us. What are you looking for? It's not like there's that many alternatives in the area.

Can't say the same about the Sonoma property; that has its issues.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pWei
Generally speaking, if you are Diamond and need to be in the area, sure. Rooms are good, free parking, downtown Napa area is cool. I'd try to avoid the night staff, our experience was subpar and witnessed shocking treatment of an elderly couple ahead of us. What are you looking for? It's not like there's that many alternatives in the area.

Can't say the same about the Sonoma property; that has its issues.
Well I'm just going to do 2 night in Napa after several nights in San Fran. Get the full Napa experience as opposed to just a day trip. What's the best winery to explore near this property?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
I just searched every Saturday night from May through the end of August, not one night of C+P available and straight points was probably 80% +/-. Looking at September I was surprised to see C+P available the first weekend, holidays are usually blacked out. Availability is wide open on Saturdays through September and October.
At this moment, C+P is available in August except the first Saturday. When I checked last week, I was surprised to find C+P available at all! I stay at this place regularly and was never able to find C+P in the past. Glad to see they are making it available.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Well I'm just going to do 2 night in Napa after several nights in San Fran. Get the full Napa experience as opposed to just a day trip. What's the best winery to explore near this property?
It depends what kind of wine you like. Wineries are 15-20 minutes away, as the hotel is located in downtown Napa.

Along Hwy 29, one of our favorite is Peju. Beautiful vinyard and tasting room, and great wine, we even named our youngest daughter after one of their wine! If Alan happens to be running a tasting station, he might even play his guitar and sing a song for you. Further up north, Beringer has a great tour, and the victorian houses on the ground are lovely! St. Supery has a neat self-guided tour where you ride the cable car up to the hill overlooking the valley, and at the very end you will find yourself zipping wine among the redwoods!

Be sure to take a drive along Silverado Trail, very scenic and less traffic. There are smaller wineries along the road. Rombauer is probably one of the bigger ones and definitely worth a stop. Van Der Hayden is a small family run winery with a not so fancy tasting room (I think they cleaned out all the jar display of black widow spiders). Their Cab is very very good, and their late harvest Cabernet is exceptional (they might be the only one makes a late harvest Cabernet).
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just booked a July weekend using points, and wondering if anyone has had any luck finding peak season C&P inventory here?

At least they do not play games like the nearby Westin Verasa, which has plenty of standard rooms on offer for $500+ but none for points. So much for SPGs vaunted "no blackout dates"
I learned that with Westin Verasa, you had to look FAR FAR ahead, as soon as schedule opens. I have two rooms booked for 12000 points each for both Memorial weekend and Labor Day weekend, Saturday one-night only. I booked them last year prior to the SPG category change (in March I think). Was surprised to find they had it at 12000 points (vs the normal 16K points) and didn't require two night minimum, so I booked it right away, cancel later if I cannot use it.

With Westin now at 25K points a night, I probably would stick with the Andaz as we love its location and how close it is to our favorite steak house Cole's!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Highly recommend O'Brien - very small operation with a small, intimate tasting experience. Very close to downtown Napa also, so location-wise it's a great place to start or finish the day. Definitely make a reservation in advance though; they don't accept walk-ups.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Just completed a 3-day Stay at the Andaz Napa and it was just Decent. The Hotel itself is really well maintained and the Rooms were good. The really disappointing part was the Service: the Hosts (one notable exception) seemed to be all about style over substance (I'm all for Style, but make sure you follow-up and solve the issue without the Guest needing to follow-up). The Farmers Table breakfast food quality was excellent and the Service bordered on awful, not quite sure what is going on here but they clearly have a problem and don't seem to recognize it. So much potential given the great location - hopefully they up their game on the service front. And while you are in the area - make sure you visit the Bouchon Bakery in Yountville - it was absolutely heavenly.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
we just got back from our second stay at the Andaz Napa. This time we stayed 3 nights and loved it even more than the first time.

We love the location because at night in the area, there isnt much to do. So being able to walk to a few good restaurants and bars in a bonus.

All the staff we encountered was awesome, rooms are very nice, free parking, great courtyard area with bar and fire pits.

I am Platinum, but at checkin they gave us a Diamond member amenity form to fill out. The delivery got messed up and we ended up getting 2 bottles of bubbly, a cheese plate, and a chocolate plate on 2 different nights. We also received an upgrade to a room with a fireplace, so we were very happy.

Quick drive to vineyards (and Oxbow market!), our favorite of the trip was Artesa. Gorgeous property, great wines, nice staff!

I am in the process of a full trip report now (www.flyfamilyfly.com) ....ahh...I want to go back!!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:05 pm

Is the DSU category the Large Loft, Large Loft Terrace, or Tower Suite?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Into the Tower Suite - which is more like a larger Room not a 'Suite' in the classic sense.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:25 pm

Hyatt Diamond line says Andaz Loft is the DSU room type.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:21 pm

Yeah - I applied a DSU today and I'm booked into the Andaz Loft based on it.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Colin
Hyatt Diamond line says Andaz Loft is the DSU room type.
Which is not even listed as a "suite" on the hotel website. It's just a deluxe room.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before the flood, I used a DSU here and was very disappointed with the "suite". The bedroom was not much larger than the king bed, although it had the minibar under the counter from the TV, where the counter also served as a desk. The "parlor" was not much larger than its sofa, although it was a sort of alcove with its own TV. The floor plan saws such that the "bedroom" had no window, nor did the bathroom (which was reasonably large). Walking down the hall, I saw some very nice suites on my floor but the hotel didn't give me one of these rooms.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah - I applied a DSU today and I'm booked into the Andaz Loft based on it.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Which is not even listed as a "suite" on the hotel website. It's just a deluxe room.
I just received the same response from the Diamond line - DSUs are only good for the regular loft room (which is a whopping $20/night more than the cheapest room type for the dates I'm looking at). Really makes me question this property given their interpretation of what room should qualify for a Diamond Suite Upgrade (emphasis added) - especially since there are at least 3 more categories of rooms in between the Andaz Loft and their basic suite room type.

-FlyerBeek

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.