Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:41 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyer Talk Members,

We’re excited to announce the details of the next Hyatt Gold Passport global bonus point promotion that will launch on September 15 and run through November 15, 2011.

Members can earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every 3 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide during the promotion period. Earn up to 30,000 bonus points for up to 18 nights.

We’re giving members the opportunity to earn points quickly. And with no blackout dates, it’s always the perfect time to redeem them. After all, we believe points are really possibilities waiting to happen. And, whether you’re dreaming of white sand beaches, romantic European cities or just about anything else in the world, we are giving you an opportunity to get there faster.

For additional details, please review the following Frequently Asked Questions and Promotion Terms and Conditions.

To register today, please call 800-30-HYATT or visit goldpassport.com/possibilities on September 15th.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at any one of our 450+ hotels around the world.

Kind regards,

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate?
To participate, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport™ member. Join Hyatt Gold Passport today. New members who enroll in Hyatt Gold Passport from September 15, 2011 through November 15, 2011 will automatically be registered for the promotion. Current members must register to participate.

What are the qualifying dates of the promotion?
Beginning September 15, 2011, current members may visit www.goldpassport.com/possibilities to complete registration into the promotion. New members will automatically be registered for the promotion upon enrollment in Hyatt Gold Passport from September 15 through November 15, 2011.

The promotion period begins September 15, 2011 and ends on November 15, 2011.

How does the Hyatt Gold Passport promotion work?
First, join Hyatt Gold Passport today. If you are a current member, please register to participate at goldpassport.com/possibilities. You will then be eligible to earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three (3) eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide (max six (6) bonuses = 30,000 bonus points). The total maximum earning for the promotion is 30,000 bonus points. Be sure to provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number when making reservations and at check-in.

Number of Eligible Nights Bonus Points Earned Total Issuance of Bonus Points
3 5,000 5,000 bonus points
6 5,000 additional bonus points 10,000 bonus points
9 5,000 additional bonus points 15,000 bonus points
12 5,000 additional bonus points 20,000 bonus points
15 5,000 additional bonus points 25,000 bonus points
18 5,000 additional bonus points 30,000 Maximum bonus points earned

Do the three (3) nights have to be consecutive?
No. The required nights do not need to be consecutive. We will track your eligible nights and once the stay qualifications have been met, your bonus points will be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Please allow 2 – 3 weeks after your 3rd eligible night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4 – 6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

How many bonus points can I earn?
You can earn up to 30,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points with this promotion.

What is considered an Eligible Night?
For the purpose of this Offer, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating hotel or resort when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate.

What is an Eligible Rate?
For the purpose of this Promotion, an "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

What are the redemption dates for the bonus points?
Bonus points can be redeemed anytime and do not expire.

Will I receive Hyatt Gold Passport base points for my stay in addition to the bonus points?
Yes, as a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you will still earn the standard five (5) points per eligible dollar spent. Platinum or Diamond members will still earn their tier bonus.

Does it matter if I choose points or miles for my stay in order to earn bonus points?
No. You can choose to earn points or miles for your base earning, but the promotion is fulfilled with Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points.

Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?
No, all forms of payment are accepted.

When will I receive my bonus points?
Your bonus points will be posted to your account as you complete every third (3) eligible night (up to 18). Please allow 2 – 3 weeks after your third eligible night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4 – 6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

Where can I see how many bonus points I have earned?
To see how many bonus points you have earned and to redeem the bonus points, visit goldpassport.com, access your account with your Hyatt Gold Passport number/user name and password, click on Account Details in the My Account section.

If I pay for more than one room, will I receive bonus points for all rooms?
No. Bonus points will be given for one room per member, per stay regardless of the number of paid rooms.

Additional questions?
If you have additional questions regarding this promotion from Hyatt Gold Passport, please call 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre.

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (“Promotion”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY/HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in this Promotion, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member and register for this Promotion. Current member online registration begins September 15, 2011 by visiting goldpassport.com/possibilities. New member enrollments from September 15, 2011 through November 15, 2011 will automatically be registered for the promotion. Void where prohibited.

PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins September 15, 2011 and ends on November 15, 2011 (“Promotion Period”).

ELIGIBLE NIGHTS: For the purpose of this Offer, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating hotel or resort when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined below). Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, complete three (3) Eligible Nights at any participating Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt™, Hyatt Place™ , Hyatt Summerfield Suites™ or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide. After every third Eligible Night, you will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points credited to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. A maximum of 30,000 bonus points may be earned during the Promotion Period. To receive bonus points you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the promotion, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate. For the purpose of this Promotion, an "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

BONUS POINT POSTING: Please allow two to three (2-3) weeks after every third Eligible Night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice. This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, HyattTM, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Vacation Club™ Resort, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2011 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Oooh - that'll get the fur flying !

And sadly after about 11 nights in August/early September, don't think I'll have many in Q4. Still, loving the treatment that this diamond is getting in the hotels...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Sucks for me Most my stays are 1-2 nights so 3 stays = 5k.. even just G bonuses would have been better. Even worse than the last 5 nights = 10k
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Unhappy

Looks like this will repalce FFN and be the standard promo GP offers annually. I think they should at least do FFN once a year for Hyatt creditcard holders only.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
No FFN then, and a rather low max earning as well!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
Sucks for me Most my stays are 1-2 nights so 3 stays = 5k.. even just G bonuses would have been better. Even worse than the last 5 nights = 10k
3 Stays with 2 Nights = 6 Nights = 10000 Points
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Extremely underwhelming.

Are we at least getting the G bonuses back?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyer Talk Members,

We’re excited to announce the details ...
Er, why on earth does this excite you?

Yawn...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:32 pm

An earnings cap plus a short (2 month) earnings period makes this very underwhelming. I certainly wasn't expecting FFN but I wasn't expecting this either.

With only two months, I'll likely only earn 5K bonus but I guess I'll take it. I need all the points I can get for next year's vacation!

Last edited by kenbo; Aug 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Boooma
3 Stays with 2 Nights = 6 Nights = 10000 Points
Yes but most my stays are 1 night
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pogonation
Yes but most my stays are 1 night
Even better - you get 3K more Dia check in bonus pts!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Yawn, yawn, yawn.

The industry leader continues to disappoint.

The party that "invented" the free night promotion gets its lunch eaten by Starwood, Priority Club, Hilton, even Wyndham. Come on Hyatt, you cancel G bonuses, you cancel FFN (seemingly permanently), you're getting taken to the cleaners by your competitors on promotions. Where's that leading innovation anymore?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
A very weak offer.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Disappointing, but not surprising.

Are we seeing a downward trend, where every promo seems worse than the last?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Though not much, I will take whatever is offered.

I assume this promo can be used in conjunction with the Costco rate (3rd night free)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.