Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Emeryville (Bay Area) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Emeryville (Bay Area) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Stayed here over the weekend so I wanted to give an update on this property. The rooms here have all been remodeled. New flat screen TV's have replaced the old TV's with VCR's.

I had a room facing the train station and the noise didn't bother me.

Breakfast selections are still the same. Very friendly staff at this hotel.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
Stayed here over the weekend so I wanted to give an update on this property. The rooms here have all been remodeled. New flat screen TV's have replaced the old TV's with VCR's.

I had a room facing the train station and the noise didn't bother me.

Breakfast selections are still the same. Very friendly staff at this hotel.
Thanks for this timely review - I will be staying here for a couple of nights next week.

Do they have HD programming for the flat screen TV sets? Am at HR SFO fight now and disappointed that lovely LG flat screen has only blurry analog channels!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by caldrich
Thanks for this timely review - I will be staying here for a couple of nights next week.

Do they have HD programming for the flat screen TV sets? Am at HR SFO fight now and disappointed that lovely LG flat screen has only blurry analog channels!
I'm not sure about the HD programming. I turned on the TV to catch some ESPN but really didn't switch thru all the channels.

Tip: there are no ice machines but if you ask the front desk, someone will bring you a container of ice.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
I stayed here last weekend and didn't have a positive experience.

Since I was walking from the train station, I called in advance to see if I would be able to enter through the rear doors. I was told yes, but, when I arrived, I found that they were locked -- as they are every night.

After I tootled around to the front and was buzzed in, I had to wait about five minutes to check in, as the res system on all three computers at the desk was frozen.

I had a king suite and found the layout lacking. Some of the switches are located outside of their rooms, and which switches operate which lights isn't obvious. I had trouble finding the thermostat. The furniture didn't seem to fit well in the room. The bed, however, was comfortable!

The room faced the tracks, and the noise was bothersome. I've stayed at hotels facing airport runways with less noise.

When I mentioned these issues to the front desk at check out, and, then, again in a survey after the stay, the response was pretty nonchalant. Not even really an apology.

Next time, I'll probably stay at the Four Points, which I've been at multiple times without problem.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Disappointing stay

It would be difficult to list all of the problems I encountered in a one-night stay this past weekend, but here's a start: uneducated front desk staff as to amenities for Diamond; smallest room I've ever encountered at a Hyatt; loose faucet in the sink, where I found a bug in the morning; a number of issues with the H Bar/Lounge/Breakfast area.

Suffice to say I will not return.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
wow the going rate for June is over $220/daily.. doesn't sound like it worth it.

8k a night on points, but no cash and point options either.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Had a pleasant stay here last week. Going rate was something like $400/night (I paid considerably less than that) but most hotels in the city were sold out it seemed.

Booked basic room, upgraded to 1-bedroom balcony suite (but ADA w/ 2 queens, facing the railway tracks, and nothing said of that at check in -- I was still happy with it though). Room had white-noise machine (Homedics) and earplugs by the bed for those who dislike train noise. Living room area and kitchen were a nice touch.

Front desk agent didn't notice globalist status until I asked about water but then gave me the late check out and 2 waters and told me to get 2 more at check out the next day.

Happy hour is 5-7 p.m., $3 beers on tap (including a decent IPA and some others, not just domestic light). $5 wells (well gin was Beefeater) & house (Canvas) wines.

Breakfast was normal, orange juice and omelet were above average but potatoes were below average.

Parking was $15, you get a pass to put in your dash.

All in all a fine place, nothing special but would stay again.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
For anyone who has stayed here in the last few years, is train noise a major issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.