Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tulsa - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of faux metal

Just completed a 4-night stay. Good news: it's a Hyatt. Bad news: it's a new Hyatt and is working out the rough spots.

Check-in was smooth. Offered food and beverage amenity or points. No card of choices to pick the amenity just given verbal options. We took the wine with cheese plate. It was the standard Canvas chardonnay with about 1 pound of different cheeses and fruits, no crackers or bread though.

Given a room on the Regency Club floor, an upgrade but I would not call it "the best room available." Also had family in a room on the 12th floor; rooms were nearly identical except for the floor number. Both rooms lacked a refrigerator or safe and showed signs of a quick change over to Hyatt (i.e., bad paint jobs, patched holes, scuffed furniture, dirty windows, etc.).

Housekeeping had an interesting interpretation of the towel replacement policy. They left wet towels hanging on the curtain rod but gave us more clean towels. The next day they left wet towels on the bathroom floor and gave us more clean towels. The third day they finally took all the dirty towels. The first day they replaced all the toiletries, including the hand soap, but not again the following days.

There is a lounge but it needs some improvement. It is small and busy in the morning but never packed. Breakfast options were limited to cold items only. They seem to have a policy of only having 3 of each item out at one time: 3 bagels, 3 pieces of bread, 3 muffins, 3 pastries, etc. and would only replenish when the last one was taken. The setup is very constricted and limited access to 1 or 2 people getting food or coffee at a time. Evening appetizers were the standard veggies, cheese, snack mix, chips and salsa options plus some grilled vegetables. Only stopped by two nights but didn’t see hot options. They did have a full bar with good liquor and decent prices. I didn’t partake but it seemed to be pour-your-own.

All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location and is a short walk to restaurants and bars. The in-hotel restaurant, The Daily Grill, was very good and I would recommend it.

EDIT: They might be new, but they have already perfected the Hyatt GP points posting problems. I only received points for 1 of my 2 rooms.
FOLLOW UP TO EDIT: A family member staying in the other room changed the room to their GP number. No points for me.

Last edited by skunker; Jun 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
Has anyone stayed here before and been denied the diamond breakfast? The regency club is closed on weekends. When I asked about breakfast the front desk clerk told me that he cannot supply me with the breakfast amenity. I then told him that according to the terms and conditions of the passport program that they would need to provide breakfast plus the 2500 points for being closed. He informed me that this hotel is the only one in the Hyatt brand that is exempt! I contacted gold passport and when they call the hotel they cannot get them to answer. They said they would have the manager contact me In the morning. While I'm waiting until morning just thought I would see if this has happened to anyone else.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would be extraordinary if this one Hyatt in Tulsa were exempt from providing breakfast to Diamonds. That statement by an employee sounds pretty close to an offer to provide you with a certain bridge.....
Old May 31, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hyatt, Marriott
We just stayed here last weekend and were given cards for $15 towards a full breakfast each morning (Sat & Sun) in their dining room which was plenty since you can get a breakfast and coffee/juice for under $15.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lmelamed
We just stayed here last weekend and were given cards for $15 towards a full breakfast each morning (Sat & Sun) in their dining room which was plenty since you can get a breakfast and coffee/juice for under $15.
Did you get the 2500 points also for the lounge closure, assuming that you're Diamond with Hyatt? If not, please complain and get those points.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:35 am
Suspended

bump

anybody able to share new reports? Thinking of staying here next year. I'm most interested in quality of rooms/ suites, upgrades as a diamond member, and qualiry of the regency club and if it's open on weekends/ 2500 points.
Thank you in advance
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:08 am

I would assume that their lounge is closed.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by notahappycamper
anybody able to share new reports? Thinking of staying here next year. I'm most interested in quality of rooms/ suites, upgrades as a diamond member, and quality of the regency club and if it's open on weekends/ 2500 points.
Thank you in advance
Very thin walls; house keeping quality unpredictable; Club closed on weekends; room quality pretty okay; gym above average; downtown area is great (once you realise that all those dark and gloomy ex-factory buildings now house fantastic restaurants, bars). Call and ask for OSU rate (the local university); you will save a bunch - which makes it a very nice deal.
The presidential suite is unbelievable - it even has a grand piano!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
I stayed at this property over the weekend. Called Gold Passport to ask if I could use a Diamond Upgrade certificate earlier in the day before arrival and was told that this property does not participate in that portion of the program. I asked about the 2,500 points for a closed Regency Club over the weekend and got a look like I was from another planet from the 3 people at the front desk.

Agree with the comment on the thin walls. Fitness center was quite nice though (but no headsets).
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:33 pm

I'm a regular guest at the HRT and may be able to clear up a few things

I accepted a new position last year that requires me to travel from the OKC area to Tulsa about every 3 weeks. Since my business is at the William's Towers, I selected the Hyatt Regency Tulsa as my hotel, since it is a quick walk across the plaza. The rooms may be a little dated but they have always been clean and the staff has been friendly and helpful. I always eat at the Daily Grill, the bartenders are great, the food is top quality and tasty. I have had one bad night here, guest in next room screaming at someone on the phone at 4:00AM. The staff was quick to quiet him down and offered to comp my room when I checked out.

My only complaint is with the hotel's limited participation in Hyatt's Gold Passport points system. The property is not Hyatt owned or managed, it is managed by Aimbridge Hospitality (link below). The do give points for room stays but they will not award points for food or beverages charged to the room, a bummer since I like to eat in the Daily Grill. Also, the upgrade to a preferred room is a joke. My wife made the trip with me around Christmas to do some shopping so I requested a room upgrade. I could see no difference between the upgraded room and my usual rooms except it was on the 14th floor instead of the 11th or 12th. The Regency Club breakfast had no hot food save French toast, which I found was stale, stale, stale. I ended up with an odd muffin (Blueberry with nuts?) and coffee while the wife had cereal. The upgrade only cost $14 but still, it was money for nothing.

I continue to stay at the HRT since it works so well for my work, but I confess I get a little angry every time I pay the check in the Daily Grill knowing I will get no points. Also, I will not waste any points or $$ on room upgrades here in the future.

Hope the info helps.

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/2010-11-22...-REGENCY-TULSA
Old May 23, 2015, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Any updates? Debating between staying here and the Doubletree and I think I will go with the Hyatt mainly because of the Regency Club despite the fact that it doesn't sound to be of high quality.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
This property was very "meh" for my stay this week. The room is outdated and shows a good but of wear, especially in the bathrooms. The lounge was always dead when I went and did not seem like a place I wanted to be. Had a few beers one night with coworkers but otherwise just went up and grabbed drinks for my fridge and left.

The valet parking is a joke. Out of 6 times, only once was there someone actually there when I went to drop the car off. Every other time, there were no employees outside at the valet stand, inside at the valet desk, or anywhere to be seen. I just stood there for a few minutes looking like a doof and then someone would finally mosey out. I was on corporate travel but I still asked for the parking charges to be removed based on the service which they did for 3 nights but they left the final night on there and I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just left it alone.

The second night was exciting as there were tornado warnings for downtown and the sirens began sounding around 10 PM. An annoying alarm then went off in the hotel and guests were told to go down to the ballroom on the lower lobby level. Other hotels that my coworkers were staying at did not do this but I thought it was fine and they were passing out water for the hour we were down stairs. They did their best for a situation that is out of their control.

I will probably not be returning to this hotel which is a shame since there are no other Hyatt's in the area.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Any updates? Debating between staying here and the Doubletree and I think I will go with the Hyatt mainly because of the Regency Club despite the fact that it doesn't sound to be of high quality.
My coworkers all stayed at the Doubletree and they said it was fine. The Hyatt is closer to a small trendy food/bar area but I could not see a real difference since they are fairly close to each other.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:50 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
In my view, a "dead" lounge is a _huge_ plus, and is infinitely preferable to a crowded lounge. I'm not quite sure what "dead" means, however I am quite sure that it's not the hotel's responsibility to provide a vibrant social scene. I'll take an empty lounge over a full one, any day.
Originally Posted by ronbo83
The lounge was always dead when I went and did not seem like a place I wanted to be. Had a few beers one night with coworkers but otherwise just went up and grabbed drinks for my fridge and left.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
In my view, a "dead" lounge is a _huge_ plus, and is infinitely preferable to a crowded lounge. I'm not quite sure what "dead" means, however I am quite sure that it's not the hotel's responsibility to provide a vibrant social scene. I'll take an empty lounge over a full one, any day.
Sorry, should have been more clear. There were really no food options beyond 2 small snack type looking things that were pretty dreary in appearance. The room was fairly small and dimly lit. There was a lack of selection in non-alcoholic drinks in comparison to other RC lounges.

I agree with you that a non-busy lounge is a great thing but there is usually a reason for this and in this hotel's case, it is just a room I can sit in with a single TV and no place to work. My room serves this purpose just as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.