Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by kokinos
You can't be serious?!?!? Worst idea in this thread.

Enjoy your ramen
Scare mongering much? I forgot a couple minis in my check in luggage, arrived intact. No one is going to bat an eye, max they do is confiscate. Enjoy your $15 drinks.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by peezondeez
Just trying to see if there might be a better flight option to take
The property will inform you about timing of the transfer, and they try to minimize your transfer time..... There hardly a set table, and nothing you can do about it. So let the property take care if it and don't stress...
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by peezondeez
i am currently scheduled to arrive in MLE In February on SQ Flight arriving at 11:40am. Looking at the Maldivian Aero website, it looks like I would have missed the early transfer flight to the Hyatt and the next one is at 5:30 pm. I know it's not an accurate source of the timing of the transfers, but it got me wondering, What time have people reached the resort who have landed around that time ? Just trying to see if there might be a better flight option to take
What airport does it fly into?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Im fairly confident, but not 100%, that whale sharks do not inhabit this part of the Maldives. We did whale shark snorkeling while at the Conrad, much further north.
There is the odd whale shark,
. The whale sharks are incredible at the Conrad.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: CO
Has anyone opted for the all inclusive package priced at $210 per a person. What were your thoughts? Did any diamonds opt in for this option? I'm trying to get a sense of food an beverage costs to determine if this is a good option.

With regards to our meal plan options, please note that we offer our all-inclusive plan with the following components at the rate of USD 210 per person.

- Alcoholic beverages including a selection of premium brand spirit and liquors, beers and house wines in both restaurants and the bar.

- The Dining Room: Breakfast, lunch and dinner, excluding chefs specials are included in the package.

- The Island Grill: Dinner only, excluding Chefs specials.

- Complimentary inclusion to in-house Cuisine of the region and BBQ night.

- Includes one private beach dinner to be available on the evening of guests choice during stay, 24 hours’ notice for reservation is required. Alternative options will be offered if beach dinner is not available due to weather conditions.

- Complimentary Mini Bar- All mini-bar items are available and restored once daily.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by markpappai
Has anyone opted for the all inclusive package priced at $210 per a person. What were your thoughts? Did any diamonds opt in for this option? I'm trying to get a sense of food an beverage costs to determine if this is a good option.

With regards to our meal plan options, please note that we offer our all-inclusive plan with the following components at the rate of USD 210 per person.

- Alcoholic beverages including a selection of premium brand spirit and liquors, beers and house wines in both restaurants and the bar.

- The Dining Room: Breakfast, lunch and dinner, excluding chefs specials are included in the package.

- The Island Grill: Dinner only, excluding Chefs specials.

- Complimentary inclusion to in-house Cuisine of the region and BBQ night.

- Includes one private beach dinner to be available on the evening of guests choice during stay, 24 hours’ notice for reservation is required. Alternative options will be offered if beach dinner is not available due to weather conditions.

- Complimentary Mini Bar- All mini-bar items are available and restored once daily.
IIRC the gummy bears in the mini-bar were very expensive. If you eat a lot the package might be worth it.

As diamond we would get a lot of breakfast really late (the breakfast entrees are like lunch) eat a sandwich, small pizza or something light ,at 5pm get our free diamond drinks and appetizers and have dinner.during the night. Dinner was always about $100 for 2. So we spent on average $150 for 2 of us a night (we stayed 15 days). We did the private dinner once and it was VERY romantic I recommend it! We also did the beach BBQ and it was mediocre at best, they use A LOT OF MSG!!
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:29 am
Suspended

$210 per person per night sounds extremely expensive.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Hey folks, looks like there is a pretty reliable way to book on P&C. The last day out that is currently available for booking is Feb 17 check-in. They load the inventory at approximately 2PM EST every day. As soon as its loaded, P&C is always available so you'll be able to book one day at a time.

P&C is GONE FOREVER once the next day is loaded so you have to stay on top of it and try to book it close to when they load it so you don't miss your chance.

It also doesn't appear to be capacity controlled so those of you who want to reserve speculatively, go for it.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
whale sharks

Originally Posted by Terminator8
I'll have to find out how to get over there then. Whale Shark diving is mandatory for me.
This area is NOT known for whale sharks - they maybe see a handful each year.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by wlp07
@Pointsloop or anyone else currently at PH Hadahaa: Could you please advise which land-based villa #'s have a good beach in front of them/ which villas have very little beach and/or exposed rock at the shoreline? I will be checking in at the end of the month and am trying to figure out a room number range that I should request to have optimal beach.

Thanks for any help that you can provide!
We stayed in Villa 19 and thought that it had enough beach and a nice water entry. It also had enough shade in the afternoon if needed

Last edited by kirkpt; Jan 19, 2017 at 1:01 pm Reason: text not in
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by kirkpt
We stayed in Villa 19 and thought that it had enough beach and a nice water entry. It also had enough shade in the afternoon if needed
Thanks, Kirkpt. I appreciate it. I'd love to end up with 19, but it looks like it's a pool villa, and I'm a lowly plat and staying on free night certs/points at that, so I doubt they'll be looking to bump me up without charge.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone have the current upgrade rates? It looks like the Wiki was last updated in 2015.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Does anyone have the current upgrade rates? It looks like the Wiki was last updated in 2015.
I inquired in Nov 2016 for next months visit, funny...it is less than what wiki says.

Park Pool Villa : USD 205++ per night

Park Water Villa : USD 405++ per night

Park Sunset Water Villa : USD 610++ per night
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984
I inquired in Nov 2016 for next months visit, funny...it is less than what wiki says.

Park Pool Villa : USD 205++ per night

Park Water Villa : USD 405++ per night

Park Sunset Water Villa : USD 610++ per night
Awesome. Thanks! I'm adding this to our honeyfund account to see if anyone wants to contribute money to upgrade us hehe. I'm really really keeping my fingers crossed though that we at least get a Globalist bump to Park Pool Villa.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:08 am

Just returned and wanted to share Tips for keeping cost down on Food and allow for more diving etc. We did not have the breakfast option ( note: not for everyone - but worked great for us on budget)

We stayed in Villa 19. We stayed 9 nights and we did take a lot of snacks and food for lunches and lowered our cost alot.
Frozen Hard Cheeses- keep in plastic bags in refrigerator/Summer BEEF sausages, Smoked Oysters and crackers, nuts, trail mix,breakfast bars,peanut butter crackers and oatmeal and grits,favorite chocolate candies My favorite was Dehydrated backpacker foods - that you just add hot water to for lunches. ( kettle is provided in your room) You can get at REI or other backpacker stores and they weight hardly anything. We also took plastic bags/reusable bowls/utencils to keep our supplies in and avoid ants.
We took Hot Cider, hot chocolate, Crystal light and teas individual sticks for our water and loved it. ( Take 2 reusable water bottles for using)

We also enjoyed having our dinners out and having our drinks at the bar overlooking the beautiful beach. All the dinners we had out were very large and good. Loved the Prime rib for 2 at the island grill.
Some evenings we split a " Burger at the bar with our drinks and it was plenty to fill us up) ( burger and 2 drinks- approx. $78 with taxes.)

Individual breakfast items were also quite large, so did not need to order the entire buffet unless you are are extremely hungry.

Loved the fishing excursion and eating our catch on our return. A lot of fun. A great value.

We also signed up in advance for our diving trips. Their dive team was very professional and we enjoyed getting to know them.

We also ordered room service and ate on the beach.

Hope these help some. Not for everyone, but did keep our cost in line and we left very happy with our trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.