Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tsolin01
I'm planning to stay around 9 nights, all with points. With the coming category change, do you think that if I booked now, would they let me change the dates later without penalty if I had to? I'm hopeful that they would.
You are kidding yourself to think they would allow a change of dates under the old cat 6 level after the cat 7 change is in effect.... If you book under one reservation ANY change will trigger a recalc for the whole 9 nights. So if you are unsure about a few nights at the beginning/end book wisely. Or better, fix your trip before the cat 7 change is made. You still have a month for that.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by dtwdoc
Did you pay for an upgrade from a land villa to a pool villa? I spoke with front desk personnel within the past 6 months and their policy was one class of upgrades, so land to pool or pool to water.
I paid zero for any upgrade, I merely booked using two CC nights and used points for seven nights (GP Escape Pkg). Granted, that was like two years ago, it was different management, the place was relatively (seven months?) new and just figuring it out and trying to make a name for itself, was only around 50% occupancy for most nights of my stay, and I had communicated my preferences well.

I agree, not a great data point, but one that helps avoid use of words like "never" I would think... and still a data point at that. I would guess that if the house is less than 50% and one is a Diamond (or better yet let's say - what's it called (I'm not one) - Concierge Key?) and the property has many OW villas unbooked for one's entire stay, one might be able to score one without paying for an upgrade. One shouldn't plan on it, but it could happen I might guess.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
You are kidding yourself to think they would allow a change of dates under the old cat 6 level after the cat 7 change is in effect.... If you book under one reservation ANY change will trigger a recalc for the whole 9 nights. So if you are unsure about a few nights at the beginning/end book wisely. Or better, fix your trip before the cat 7 change is made. You still have a month for that.
You're right, I need to plan for the worst case. Only reason i would change it is because of the flights. I'm planning to book EK first but they don't have award availability that far out right now and probably won't in Jan. Only thing I can do I guess is maybe book it with my 2 free night certs in the beginning but I'll only be limited to move 2 nights out.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
You're right, I need to plan for the worst case. Only reason i would change it is because of the flights. I'm planning to book EK first but they don't have award availability that far out right now and probably won't in Jan. Only thing I can do I guess is maybe book it with my 2 free night certs in the beginning but I'll only be limited to move 2 nights out.
Book youself as many one night reservations as you can to give yourself maximum flexibility. If there are cash+points available, your points will give you the ability to book at least a couple weeks worth of one night reservations, and then cancel unused nights as your travel plans firm up.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

How far out can u book actually awards? 365 days or even more?

Last edited by Atlantico; Dec 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Anyone else miss the tuna curry?
I got used to having at least one tuna curry for breakfast.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:08 pm

Less than two weeks then the wait will be over. Can't wait!

For those of you who have been, and have also snorkeled elsewhere, do you recommend purchasing a snorkeling vest? I know you can rent a lifevest/jacket from the resort, but those difer from a snorkeling vest, correct?

I'm not a strong swimmer, but can manage and survive. Just thought it'd be nice to have some assistance while snorkeling. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by nsmn4945
Less than two weeks then the wait will be over. Can't wait!

For those of you who have been, and have also snorkeled elsewhere, do you recommend purchasing a snorkeling vest? I know you can rent a lifevest/jacket from the resort, but those difer from a snorkeling vest, correct?

I'm not a strong swimmer, but can manage and survive. Just thought it'd be nice to have some assistance while snorkeling. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
I guess it depends on where you plan on snorkeling. If you walk out from the beach and just swim around the reef there then its not necessary as the water is shallow. But, if you get in from the dock then you might want to consider it as it drops off very fast. I loved it as I could dive down and really look at the coral but it might freak out those that aren't strong swimmers.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by nsmn4945
I did some snorkeling off our water villa during this last visit. Generally, the water was extremely calm and at no point did I feel like I needed support. When the water did get rough, it was bad enough that I would not have considered going in even with support. Going back, I wouldn't consider a snorkel vest.

All that said, if it will make you feel better/safer and makes the experience more enjoyable, the small cost of a vest will be well worth it, especially considering the overall cost of your trip.

One other thing - have you contacted the diving center? They may have a snorkel vest for you to use/rent.

Disclosure - I am a strong swimmer
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:10 pm

I'm planning a trip to this property in September and was wondering if anyone had any experience staying there during this time? I know it's still rainy season and the weather is unpredictable but I don't have much choice on the time.

Also, do you think 9 nights is too much? This is for my honeymoon and my fiance and I aren't really strong swimmers and definitely don't SCUBA. Our plan is to just relax, eat, enjoy the beach, water, snorkeling and maybe some spa time.
I stayed there for 5 towards the end of September 2014 for part of my honeymoon. Weather was pretty good - a storm had just finished about 3 hours before we arrived, and one hit while we were on the late evening Maldivian fishing excursion, but aside from that we had maybe 30 minutes total of rain during the week.

My wife and I aren't strong swimmers or scuba people either. For us, 5 nights/6 days was the exact right amount of time for us. Four of our days had one planned activity. If you're concerned about spending too much time on one small island that doesn't have very many activities outside of scuba, have you considered breaking up your honeymoon by going to two different locations? Rather than spending 9 nights at the PH Maldives, we spent 3 nights at the PH Vendome followed by 5 nights in the Maldives.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: BA
Just received a reply from the hotel regarding paid upgrades and diamond benefits as a well as half and full board.
Prices are for July, not sure if they're the same all year round.
We are pleased to offer below special supplements for villa upgrade from Park Villa;
Park Pool Villa USD 235 per night
Park Water Villa USD465 per night
Park Sunset Water Villa USD 701 per night.

Above given rates are subject to 23.2% service charge and TGST.

As a valued Diamond Card Holder, you are entitled to the following benefits:
· A Welcome Amenity and Fresh Fruit on Arrival Day

· Daily ‘A La Carte’ Breakfast at our All Day Dining Restaurant

· A choice of one Daily Sundowner Beverage from our Cocktail Menu between the hours of 17:00-19:00

Please find below meal plans we offer;
- Half Board supplement USD 120 per night for adult
§ Include 3 course a la carte dinner in The Dining Room. Excluding Chef’s Specials. All drinks are chargeable.

- Full Board supplement USD 170 per night for adult
§ Includes dinner & 3 course a la carte lunch in The Dining Room. Excluding Chef’s Specials. All drinks are chargeable

Premium All Inclusive supplement (min 5 nights stay) USD 320 per night for adult
The supplement includes:
§ Alcoholic beverages including a selection of premium brand spirits & liqueurs, beers and house wines in both restaurants and the bar.

§ The Dining Room” – open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and servicing only A la Carte menu, excluding Chefs Specials.

§ “The Island Grill” – open for dinner only. All menu items, excluding Chefs Specials.

§ Complimentary inclusion to in-house BBQ’s and Maldivian Night.

§ Includes one private beach dinner (excluding signature menus) to be available on the evening of guests choice during stay, 24 hours’ notice for reservations is required.

§ Complimentary Mini Bar – all mini-bar items available and restocked once daily.

§ Reef Exploration Tour
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TC610
I stayed there for 5 towards the end of September 2014 for part of my honeymoon. Weather was pretty good - a storm had just finished about 3 hours before we arrived, and one hit while we were on the late evening Maldivian fishing excursion, but aside from that we had maybe 30 minutes total of rain during the week.

My wife and I aren't strong swimmers or scuba people either. For us, 5 nights/6 days was the exact right amount of time for us. Four of our days had one planned activity. If you're concerned about spending too much time on one small island that doesn't have very many activities outside of scuba, have you considered breaking up your honeymoon by going to two different locations? Rather than spending 9 nights at the PH Maldives, we spent 3 nights at the PH Vendome followed by 5 nights in the Maldives.
thanks for the feedback! were already planning to spend 3 nights in Dubai but paris would be pretty awesome
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:13 am

hyatt gift checks

my understanding is that you can use hyatt gift checks for this property. however, i just contacted them and they indicated that I can only use the gift checks for dining and activities and not for the cost of the room. They also said that the cost of the transport to the hotel will be charged 1 month ahead of arrival and therefore not part of the folio. This contradicts some of the previous posts and the wiki. Do you think the person responded may have been mistaken and that i should ask again.

Thinking about buying a large sum of gift checks to get the discount but the amount will vary largely on how they can be used.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Iirc, gift checks were not usable on transfers, whether or not they were on your folio. There's clearly a mixed response on whether or not you can get it added to your folio or if it's precharged, in my case it was folio.

This is however, the first time I've heard that gift checks cannot be used for rooms though. We were on a points stay and used checks for incidentals, so I can't directly comment to this.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:48 am

Hi everyone. Just got a response from PH Maldives for Fall 2015 travel.

Park Sunset Water Villa with an additional charge of USD 701+Taxes (23.20% Service Charge & GST)
Park Water Villa with an additional charge of USD 465+Taxes (23.20% Service Charge & GST)
Park Pool Villa with an additional charge of USD 235+Taxes (23.20% Service Charge & GST).

Also, they added an addition $6 Green Tax, per person, per night (starting November 1, 2015)

Transportation is $510/pp round trip.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.