Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport- North - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K

Well-I didn't see a review thread so I thought I would start one!

Had a recent one-night stay here mid-week. It seemed like the hotel actually had a decent 'vibe' to it. Lots of people at the bar/lobby when I arrived ~6pm.

Check-in was VERY smooth and easy. The staff at this hotel is EXCELLENT!!! Upon check-in, I was told that I could have my pre-assigned room on the 6th floor-as they keep 5/6 for diamonds to keep the noise down, or a lower floor if I wanted. I kept my room on the 6th. Was given extra welcome gifts (a baggie with chips/granola bar/m&m's/a bottle of water). ^ VERY nice touch. The front desk agent was VERY VERY pleasant.

I went to my room to change for a quick work out. I didn't originally notice anything wrong with my door (more on this later) as I had tons of stuff in my hands.

Upon leaving for the gym, I checked that my door closed properly, and was shocked that I was able to just push it open. The "latch" did not catch. I also then checked the door from the inside, and noticed that the dead bolt did not lock either.

So I asked the FD to send maintenance while I went for a workout.

An hour later, and a little late for dinner, and I saw the FDagent on my way to my room who was very nice and sincere that she was sorry about the door. When I got to the room, the door still didn't shut/lock. I called the FD, and back up was the maintenance guy. When I pointed it out to him, he told me it was beyond his capabilities and he would get a cart and new room keys! ^

He did-10 min later he was at my door helping me move! ^^

Next room was fine.

The hallways looked horrible. The carpets were DIRTY. They looked like they had more grease then a jiffy lube shop.

The bar actually had a good feeling to it. Was busy when I left and returned from dinner. Seemed it was a bunch of Delta future employees doing training.

Breakfast was typical HyattPlace fare.

Location was fine for an airport hotel.

All-in-all, I will be back. The staff had a GREAT attitude....some of the best staff I have seen in a LONG time!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Had a one night stay here last week for 5k points (Cat 1).
  • Shuttle departs the airport at 15 and 45 after the hour; departs the hotel at the top and bottom of the hour. Around a 10 min ride.
  • I was able to checkin at 9AM without hesitation. Friendly staff.
  • The room was typical Hyatt place; it did have some stains and wear but otherwise seemed clean. It was dead quiet and I slept well.
  • There is a pool, but it was completely empty
  • I came to attend my friend’s Delta winging ceremony at the nearby Delta museum. Otherwise, there’s not much right nearby aside from a couple of restaurants and a lot of Delta trainees wandering around. My friend stayed at the Staybridge Suites across the street for a couple weeks and noted several of his classmates’ cars has been broken into.
  • Walked to Waffle House for breakfast so can’t comment on that.
overall, satisfactory for a category 1 redemption.

Room

Bathroom

View from room

The Spirit of Delta

Pool (no water)
vegasbased likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by River in Sight

Pool (no water)
Thanks for the review and stay context. Any reason given for a pool with no water?

David

Last edited by Zorak; Jun 3, 2023 at 11:04 am Reason: trim quoted material
Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DELee
Thanks for the review and stay context. Any reason given for a pool with no water?

David
Was not mentioned at all! I only noticed it on my way out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.