Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How do you get your Private Line Rep to contact you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

On December 31st , I made the move from Plat to Diamond, which was amazing, btw.. Shortly there after, I sent a PM to GP Concierge to get setup with my Private Line Rep, and was told that I should get a call from one within a week or two.. That was in January, and now it's basically March. I've sent other PMs and have been told that I would hear from the PL Rep, and haven't heard a word... Called the Diamond line two weeks ago, and spoke to a supervisor that said she would make sure I heard from the PL Rep in a few days.. Not a word since then.

It's been almost two months since I was told that they would contact me.. Any other suggestions? Seems kind of pointless to work with a PL Rep, if Hyatt is this disorganized.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:14 pm

I've never had one and I have no idea why people need one.

-David
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I've never had one and I have no idea why people need one.

-David
my thoughts exactly
well that and other than to say they have one
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:19 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It took a few weeks for mine to action, but having a PL agent was the reason I switched from SPG to Hyatt GP. I, generally, make all the reservations myself online, and then email her to add Gx bonuses, make special requests or upgrade reservations with points or e-certs. I detest having to this over the phone as the Australian call centre is woeful, and Skype is unreliable when placed on hold on international calls.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:33 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I requested one via PM to GP Concierge on a Friday earlier this year and received an email from my PL Rep the following Monday. I have no idea what's happening in the OP's case, but it can work "as advertised".

I've been a Diamond member for more than 10 years and never "needed" a PL Rep. This summer, we're planning a personal trip through a couple of European countries and my rep has been extremely helpful in handling the reservations with a combination of cash, points, suite upgrades and credit card free nights. I don't think there's anything I couldn't have done by myself, online and with the Diamond line, but it's been simpler to let my rep handle it with only an email or two from me. Similarly with getting missing points added; an email is faster for me than a phone call to the Diamond line. In my view, the PL Rep is not a necessity, but another example of the great customer service I almost always receive from Hyatt.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Generally speaking, email, once you've got her

Originally Posted by skj
...I've been a Diamond member for more than 10 years and never "needed" a PL Rep...

...getting missing points added...

...In my view, the PL Rep is not a necessity...
First, FriendlySkies, with due respect for all that Gold Passport Concierges do for us here, I'd ride them about this. Case in point, when I took up Karen's (our original GPC) offer, it was when many of us were doing so, and I think it was Christmas season. I rode Karen. She got back to me to apologize. Then soon I heard from the Private Line Representative, all apologies.

Second, like skj, I didn't need a PLR for years after being assigned one many years ago. Then, frequently encountering what I consider to be Gold Passport's biggest flaw, the non-assignment of the various bonuses (and the more I traveled the worse it got, both in incidence and in my ability to keep up - intolerable) I really needed one. (And got the one I'd had many years before, who said she'd been my PLR all along! ) Recently, a big problem has been the redeposit of points - in timely fashion - after canceling award reservations.

Third, having the email m.o. is good because I bug her only every now and then, I'm clear, she's clear, and she can get to it thoroughly when she can.

Fourth, I disagree with skj on her/his last point. For the above reasons, I consider her to be virtually a necessity. Over my "independent" years, I have gone back at intervals to check my points, frequently finding errors or time-consuming possible errors, but she is like the tax preparer who finds more nuggets than I would/did when my stays all run together in my memory.

And one last thing, addressing the question from the ongoing perspective, even when I email her, if she's really away, I either get a call or an email back from the other one by the next day.

In sum, I am not used to being waited on, except as we travelers regularly are, but IMO, the two best features of any program that I've ever encountered as an extreme traveler have been Hyatt's Personal Line Representatives and United's Concierges (long gone) -- when things go haywire. Both of whom have worked more miracles than I wish to describe here.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
What do you need them to do for you? I have had one for a couple of years and have emailed her 4 times in the last 3 years. Why not take the initiative and call the Diamond line yourself? I guess I don't get this whole "being pissed" as your post sounds like because you have had to wait to be assigned one. Again, I would ask what your special requests are that you need a Personal Concierge to be involved?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Firewind
First, FriendlySkies, with due respect for all that Gold Passport Concierges do for us here, I'd ride them about this. Case in point, when I took up Karen's (our original GPC) offer, it was when many of us were doing so, and I think it was Christmas season. I rode Karen. She got back to me to apologize. Then soon I heard from the Private Line Representative, all apologies.
I guess the thread worked, as I heard from a PL rep this afternoon ^ Looking forward to working with her..

Originally Posted by ldsant
What do you need them to do for you? I have had one for a couple of years and have emailed her 4 times in the last 3 years. Why not take the initiative and call the Diamond line yourself? I guess I don't get this whole "being pissed" as your post sounds like because you have had to wait to be assigned one. Again, I would ask what your special requests are that you need a Personal Concierge to be involved?
Actually, I did call the Diamond line.. That was two weeks ago. They told me that I would hear from somebody a few days later.. No word.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I guess the thread worked, as I heard from a PL rep this afternoon ^ Looking forward to working with her..

Actually, I did call the Diamond line.. That was two weeks ago. They told me that I would hear from somebody a few days later.. No word.
Again, what exactly do you need the personal concierge for that you are unable to do yourself or via a phone call to the Diamond line? I'm always curious to see what people require.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:05 pm
Suspended

I've been Diamond for a while and: 1) never knew this option existed and 2) was never offered this option by Hyatt.

I can't really imagine needing the service. As wretched as the website is, I just make do...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I value mine hugely!

Living in the UK I don't want to pay to call the 800 number in the US. I like that she looks for the best rates for me - AAA/AARP and that she knows that I am a member of both organisations.

She fixes points and stays mis-postings and will let me know if there are any good bonuses for an upcoming stay which are hard to find now on the web site.

So, in summary, I book 99% of stay through my PL agent.

Oh, of course, she checks my lifetime points so I will know when I reach Diamond for life!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by ldsant
Again, what exactly do you need the personal concierge for that you are unable to do yourself or via a phone call to the Diamond line? I'm always curious to see what people require.

Here's my opinion on this. I don't "need" my PL rep, just like I don't "need" my global services status at United (or any other elite status). But, I sure as heck love having both of them and they both take a huge amount of hassle out of my travels.

RE: my PL rep. There is nothing much that she does for me that I couldn't do myself, but its a whole lot easier with her help. I used to make my reservations myself online and then have her manage changes, bonuses, etc., but that was until I found out that her compensation is partially tied to the number of reservations she makes, so I now have her do 99% of them for me.

She is invaluable watching out for the lowest rates for me, including my corporate rate that I can't book online (odd huh?), as well as babysitting my always wrong bonus point postings.

She has solved numerous requests or odd issues proactively for me. I just wrapped up aprrox 6wks of stays in BOS, SFO and HKG as part of relocating my family to Asia. My PL rep was an amazing resource in helping me with a bunch of chaotic reservations and multiple changes, she negotiated amazing rates and comp upgrades for us , and proactively contacted the managment at all the hotels we stayed at. The result was absolutely stunning red carpet treatment and assistance from all the hotels for the wife and kids.

The past six weeks have blown my wife away and now she understands why I rave about my Hyatt stays for biz travel and my "relationship" with my PL rep.

She didn't do anything that I couldn't have done, and didn't break any rules for me (nor would i ask her to), but her help paved the way for unmeasurable good will from a number of Hyatt's and her help was at the very top of the list in helping our family including 2 little kids (1 and 3) getting through a majorly stressful relocation to the other side of the world.

As far as how I contact her, its typically email (2-3 times a week) and the occasional phone call (me to her or her to me) if its an issue easier to discuss vs type.

Sorry for the long post, but in summary - I don't "need" one, but having one has gotten me committed to never loosing my diamond status as long as she is around and I can definitely say she has become a huge asset (and friend) for me.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bostonpilot
I used to make my reservations myself online and then have her manage changes, bonuses, etc., but that was until I found out that her compensation is partially tied to the number of reservations she makes, so I now have her do 99% of them for me.
Is this true? It would make sense, but had I known, I would have used my PL agent for all of my reservations. I certainly will from now on.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is this true? It would make sense, but had I known, I would have used my PL agent for all of my reservations. I certainly will from now on.
Yes, confirmed. There had been some speculation on a separate thread a few months back, so I just flat out asked her and she confirmed it. I thought I was saving her work making mine online, but turns ot I was costing her $$. She certainly wasn't going to say anything herself though.

They also have periodic competitions for additional compensation from time to time - eg signing people up for the chase card was one
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
this is the first reason that makes sense to me

I can relate to not wanting to make those phone calls If a PR saves hard cash like this then yeah, its worth it

the rest sound like its just as time consuming as doing it yourself

Originally Posted by Markie
I value mine hugely!

Living in the UK I don't want to pay to call the 800 number in the US. I like that she looks for the best rates for me - AAA/AARP and that she knows that I am a member of both organisations.

She fixes points and stays mis-postings and will let me know if there are any good bonuses for an upcoming stay which are hard to find now on the web site.

So, in summary, I book 99% of stay through my PL agent.

Oh, of course, she checks my lifetime points so I will know when I reach Diamond for life!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.