Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which are the Most Extraordinary Hotels in the Hyatt Group?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: moulder3
Might as well create a wiki

Andaz Tokyo

Park Hyatt Tokyo

Park Hyatt Paris Vendome

Park Hyatt Hamburg

Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Sydney (March renovation)

Park Hyatt Shanghai

Park Hyatt Milan

Grand Hyatt Kauai

Park Hyatt Zurich

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Park Hyatt Buenos Aires Palacio Duhau

Grand Hyatt Bangkok Spa Cottage

Grand Hyatt Berlin

Kyoto Hyatt

Park Hyatt Instanbul

Grand Hyatt Seattle

Park Hyatt Vienna
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
Just back from a trip to Kauai where we stayed at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. On this trip I felt that additional strides were being made by management to further improve the professionalism, courtesy and service orientation of the staff. It seemed consistent from the operator, the front desk, the club staff, etc. This is a large hotel so current management should be applauded.
+1 Absolutely
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
All very subjective of course...

Milan is beautiful. The service at the GH Hong Kong is some of the best I've ever seen in any hotel chain. Same goes for the GH Taipei. Both hotels are under renovation at the moment so I'm sure they move up the list as soon as the initial phases are done. Personally I'd stay in either of them even pre-renovation in a second over just about any other hotels in the world.

Scott
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
My personal favourites are:
1) Park Hyatt Tokyo. For the ambience, view, service and feeling of luxury high above the buzzling streets of Tokyo
2) Park Hyatt Buenos Aires. Really nice rooms and service. I also liked the combination of the old Duhau Palace and the new wing and the walkway filled with art between the two.
3) Grand Hyatt Berlin. Berlin is one of my favourites cities in the world, and I always stays at the Grand Hyatt. It's modern and I like the location at Potzdamer Platz. It also have a great gym. And after the morning exercise, it is breakfast at the Vox restaurant...

And of couse the location of the Park Hyatt Sydney is great if you have a opera view room.

Last edited by broenor; Feb 4, 2013 at 11:49 pm
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Originally Posted by chanp
And the view of Mt Fuji ^
From the Grand Hyatt? Seems a bit implausible, but if true, it wouldn't occur on many days of the year in any case, and never for the 50% of the rooms that face the office building a few meters away.
You can see Mt. Fuji almost every clear day in the winter. But then again, you can also see it just fine from the Park Hyatt...

For me, the Grand Hyatt Tokyo Club Deluxe Corner Queen room trumps every non-suite room I've ever seen at any Hyatt, even Park Hyatt Tokyo. On its own private floor (with the Presidential Suite) and with its own private outdoor rock garden/fountain that you can step out on, or enjoy the view of from your bath.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
My favorites

I love staying at Kauai. What a beautiful and peaceful property.

I also like Hua Hin - breathtaking and service is to die for.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
50 posts and no mention of the PH Maldives? I know it's not a perfect property, and some would say the other brands have better Maldives properties, but still:
- best beach of any Hyatt
- best over the water villas of any Hyatt
- best reef of any Hyatt
- most remote location of any Hyatt (or is that the opposite of great location? ...not for me)
- best resort option of any Hyatt
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Thanks canyonleo,
That is what this thread is for. Any other commentary on the PH Maldives?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
The Park Hyatt in Vietnam has had the best service of any that I have been in.

The Paris Vendome would be next on the list for me for location.

Believe it or not - the Grand Hyatt in Seattle is also one of the top units due to their great rooms with great service. I almost always get upgraded and other than breakfast in the lounge, it would be worth living in.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

GHE Bangkok was architecturally interesting to me.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:06 am

Paris vendome ...especially if you are diamond
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
PH Vendome for Service
PH DC domestic for great suite upgrade and hotel food quality

Andaz Papagayo for beach vacation experience value ( currently a great value at 15K points for $100+7500point with great use of DSU)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:06 pm

But I thought the Beach at Papagayo wasn't really that good, and it's not really near anything ... I sometimes think about a trip here, but as a single person who wouldn't plan on having a car, it just doesn't hold much appeal ...
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by joetro
But I thought the Beach at Papagayo wasn't really that good, and it's not really near anything ... I sometimes think about a trip here, but as a single person who wouldn't plan on having a car, it just doesn't hold much appeal ...
Perhaps I misworded it by saying "beach" vacation. I meant warm destination (as oppose to Europe which is where I usually go year-around.)

Everywhere worth staying in Costa Rica is relatively remote, however there is so much to offer in that area of Costa Rica. You can take all sorts of tours based on you interests (zipline, hikes, rafting, sportsfishing, volcanos, horseback riding, flora/fauna appreciation, etc) and alternate these days with some R and R. The architecture is so unique that staying at the hotel is part of the experience. Not cookie-cutter, with great grounds and pools.

It's also so accessible (you don't have to go around the word to get there) and relatively inexpensive (at least right now)...less than 1/2 the cost of going to Hawaii.

I'm heading to Andaz Maui in January for 2-3x the price and will let you know how it compares.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I am going out on a limb here.

Value for money, large suites and incredible club lounge has to be the GH in Sharm El sheikh.

Yes problems in Egypt which I am sure will sort themselves out but the snorkelling at this resort is world class.

The club is totally amazing with the most incredible view over the sea and watching the sun set with a G&T in hand is unforgettable.

All at 4k points plus $55 per night. Place a DSU on this and you have a very cheap week in a hotel that in my view is stunning. The suites retail at over $600 normally.

I have no idea why this hotel is only a cat 2. It can carry off 4 easily.

Yes lots of more luxurious properties out there but this one for me was memorable and excellent value.

I would stand by the point though that the view from the club lounge is the best from close to any hotel I have stayed in.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:11 am

PH Tokyo was just an amazing experience...I can't wait to go back. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, if not THE best in regards to the all around experience from any chain. The service is unmatched, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.