Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House (Summerfield), Uptown, Dallas, TX - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:16 pm
thc
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum

Couldn't find a review thread and so am starting one for this property.

I stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dallas Uptown for three nights recently, and had an enjoyable stay. I'm a fan of the Summerfield brand (more of a fan of SS than Hyatt Place) as I enjoy the apartment style rooms, the hot breakfast, and the free shuttle service in the area.

Here, I was upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom. I've had bigger 1 BRs at other SS properties, but the one I got here was fine and comfortable. The only thing that I wish had been there was a dining table since I don't like eating at a desk, but that was a minor quibble, since I ended up eating at restaurants anyway. In terms of other aspects of the rooms, the bed was very comfortable, and the a/c, unlike all the Hyatt Places I've been to, was central, and more importantly, quiet. There were LCD tvs in both the living room and bedroom. In addition, there was a stocked kitchenette in the room.

When I arrived at my room, there was a small bottle of cheap wine (I never knew wine came in plastic screw top bottles) and a plate of sliced cheeses and crackers.

The service was fine and cheerful. The shuttle service was very helpful and there is a signup sheet at the front desk. In addition, breakfast featured scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and some potatoes. There were also some breads, muffins, cereals and some fruit.

Parking is $12/day. The location is about 1/2 a mile from Victory Park and the hotels & restaurants at Crescent Court. Downtown is about 1 mile away.

There is also a small pool and a small hot tub.

Overall, it was a nice stay and after having been on the road for the last 3 weeks, it felt nice to be in a room that felt more like an apt. I wouldn't mind staying here again next time I need to be in Dallas, especially since the Hyatt Regency Downtown Dallas is nothing to write home about, in my opinion.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
I agree that this SS offers good value. I also love the free beer/wine service during dinner, like at most (all?) SS properties. That said, the downtown Regency has some beautiful suites if you're willing to use an upgrade. Unfortunately the Regency has never had a working Regency Club while I was staying there.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Location is very nice for visiting Dallas - was given a standard studio room (no Diamond upgrade).

If you're staying a weekend, street parking is readily available across from the hotel on Harry Hines Blvd (no parking during weekday morning rush hour).
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Anyone stay at this place recently? Is it just another traditional unmodified summerfield deal? Trying to figure out if Im staying here or the Regency... not feeling the expensive parking at the Regency so Im thinking here w/ street parking is an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.