Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt is dodgy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
As memory serves Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee doesn't work with EasyClicKTravel.

Hyatt's BRG policy is user-friendly based on the ability to apply for a BRG rate discrepancy before booking a room.

Hyatt's BRG policy is consumer unfriendly in that they reject many online travel agencies with the statement that the rate is not clearly advertised or immediately bookable.

I have had a number of claims approved through Starwood Preferred Guest for the same agencies that Hyatt Gold Passport rejects for BRG claims.

Here is my Loyalty Traveler blog post for a Hyatt Place stay I booked for $79 on Booking.com and Hyatt wanted $169 for the same night.

My BRG claim was denied by Hyatt.

I thought Hyatt sucked that day too. (I have been Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond for several years.)

But then there are beautiful stories like this to bring a smile to the loyal HGP guest.

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/t...111010.article
http://blog.bradsdeals.com/2010/10/11/my-40k-trip-to-australia-on-hyatt-uniteds-dime/
Old Nov 11, 2010, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by satori
As memory serves Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee doesn't work with EasyClicKTravel.

Hyatt's BRG policy is user-friendly based on the ability to apply for a BRG rate discrepancy before booking a room.

Hyatt's BRG policy is consumer unfriendly in that they reject many online travel agencies with the statement that the rate is not clearly advertised or immediately bookable.

I have had a number of claims approved through Starwood Preferred Guest for the same agencies that Hyatt Gold Passport rejects for BRG claims.

Here is my Loyalty Traveler blog post for a Hyatt Place stay I booked for $79 on Booking.com and Hyatt wanted $169 for the same night.

I thought Hyatt sucked that day too. (I have been Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond for several years.)

But then there are beautiful stories like this to bring a smile to the loyal HGP guest.

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/t...111010.article
http://blog.bradsdeals.com/2010/10/11/my-40k-trip-to-australia-on-hyatt-uniteds-dime/

Thank you for sharing this, I feel the same way about Hyatt program.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
I'm glad we were able to resolve the issues you experienced. Please feel free to PM us anytime with questions! We are always happy to assist.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Hi Chrissi,

Thank you and Nick for helping me.

I am satisfied with the outcome.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by satori

I think you identify the major issue in your post -- the difference in cancellation policy. While the difference between "day of arrival" and "day before arrival" ought to be meaningless, AFAIK both Hyatt and SPG stick to it pretty closely. For what it's worth, I've had BRG claims approved for booking.com when the terms match.

It'd be nice if Hyatt would offer the option, in extreme cases like these, to book at the lower rate -- without the 20% discount -- on the same terms as the consolidator site.

Obviously the hotel is willing to sell the room for $88 -- probably less, given the consolidator's cut -- so why not make a good will gesture? It really sends a terrible message to a loyal customer that the reward for loyalty is a 100% overcharge. Given this situation, I would take my stay elsewhere on principle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.