Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LoveTravelWorld
I have a question about Diamond trial (fast track) offer or Diamond tier matching.

In the lifetime of membership of either SPG, HHonors, or Gold Passport, how many times can a member ask for fast track or tier matching? If there is possibility of getting it more than once, a member can practically keep the highest tier by asking fast track or tier matching over and over again.

Thanks for the responses.
Hyatt won't keep matching a member if they do not get the required stays/night. When I did a platinum match, I was told that it was a one-time thing.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:33 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Starwood have always stated it is a once in a lifetime offer, so do it when plan to make use of it.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cuse44, that's fantastic news!

^^^^^

I should know, but do still wonder, whether one can do more than one challenge (different years). Both here and in other programs, such as Hilton's and Marriott's, for instance, if anyone watching knows and would include it in their answer. I don't mean matches or match-related, but challenges per se. I recently noticed in my United package that they include an HHonors one. Thank you. (Now, back to the topic at hand...)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
FYI- email to me today after faxing in info from a competitor

On behalf of Hyatt Gold Passport®, I am pleased to inform you that your account has been
Enrolled in our 60 day Trial Diamond offer.

To qualify for this promotion a member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort worldwide, Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites within 60 days of enrollment. A member will also receive 1,000 bonus points on the first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 bonus points may be earned. Maximum one trial tier per member.

Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all stays during 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. After member completes 12 eligible nights during promotion period, Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays when a member chooses points for their stay. If you qualify for the offer, you will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2013, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available to you when your present your membership card at check-in.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
FYI- email to me today after faxing in info from a competitor
Can you post whether your status has been upgraded to Diamond immediately(for the 60 days), or do you need to do the 12 nights before any status?

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by lstheodore
Can you post whether your status has been upgraded to Diamond immediately(for the 60 days), or do you need to do the 12 nights before any status?

Thanks.
Good question. It didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get the status immediately. Right now my account still shows Platinum but I wonder if it's something that only updates overnight. I guess we will wait and see...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Good question. It didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get the status immediately. Right now my account still shows Platinum but I wonder if it's something that only updates overnight. I guess we will wait and see...
Since it says you'll get 30% diamond bonus, I think you will have Diamond status during your trial period. Enjoy it!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Since it says you'll get 30% diamond bonus, I think you will have Diamond status during your trial period. Enjoy it!
I dunno, my status still hasn't been updated. I replied to the email they sent me but haven't heard back. Part of me wonders if they have it set up so you get the point bonuses during the trial but no other benefits (i.e. the reason my status still shows Platinum so I don't get the Diamond perks at the hotel)
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I dunno, my status still hasn't been updated. I replied to the email they sent me but haven't heard back. Part of me wonders if they have it set up so you get the point bonuses during the trial but no other benefits (i.e. the reason my status still shows Platinum so I don't get the Diamond perks at the hotel)
I posted about this offer a month ago. I received all of the benefits that you mentioned in your original post. When I received the email requesting verification of my SPG status, I sent that via fax and it took approximately two days to process. One I received an email back saying that I have been enrolled in the trial, my Diamond Status updated overnight. I have been receiving the 30% bonus for all my stays so far and I got to take advantage of the 4 diamond suite upgrades that expired on 2/28/11 ^
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cuse44
I posted about this offer a month ago. I received all of the benefits that you mentioned in your original post. When I received the email requesting verification of my SPG status, I sent that via fax and it took approximately two days to process. One I received an email back saying that I have been enrolled in the trial, my Diamond Status updated overnight. I have been receiving the 30% bonus for all my stays so far and I got to take advantage of the 4 diamond suite upgrades that expired on 2/28/11 ^
Ok, so it seems like the website DOES reflect diamond status and you have been getting benefits (such as lounge access/breakfast) at the properties, is that correct?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:00 pm

Ok, so it seems like the website DOES reflect diamond status and you have been getting benefits (such as lounge access/breakfast) at the properties, is that correct?
That's why they call it Diamond Trial. They give you trial status for 60 days. If you complete the terms of the offer within that period, you get to keep that status as if you had qualified the normal way.

-David
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:21 pm

That is correct.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:14 pm

That is correct.
Just called them and they said whoever sent me the email did not process the update in the system properly. That said, status will be updated on the website by tomorrow or Saturday
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:31 pm

Just called them and they said whoever sent me the email did not process the update in the system properly. That said, status will be updated on the website by tomorrow or Saturday
Good News!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:46 pm

I just wanted to update everyone here regarding the Diamond Tier Challenge. I emailed Gold Passport Customer Service last night asking for a match to Hyatt Diamond based on my SPG Platinum Status. This is what I received back. Looks like the challenge is still possible..^
I just finished the required 12 nights for the Diamond Trial Offer. The stay posted this afternoon and my tier expiration is now February 28, 2013. So it seems like the offer is programmed into their system and upon completion of your 12th night, the system automatically updates your status ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.