Community
Wiki Posts
Search

multiple rooms

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:32 am
Original Poster

multiple rooms

hi all, I know that Hyatt's policy is one stay credit and one stay night no matter how many rooms I book per night. I have between work travel and personal travel 40 nights, but all of those 40 nights will have 2 rooms, so its 80 nights worth of points. Will Hyatt make an exception and give me diamond status based on that or will I need 10 additional nights?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by babypuwet
I know that Hyatt's policy is one stay credit and one stay night no matter how many rooms I book per night.
all of those 40 nights will have 2 rooms, so its 80 nights worth of points.
Does not compute. You admit to knowing the policy, so how is this "80 nights worth of points"? It's pretty clearly only 40 nights' worth.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
hi all, I know that Hyatt's policy is one stay credit and one stay night no matter how many rooms I book per night. I have between work travel and personal travel 40 nights, but all of those 40 nights will have 2 rooms, so its 80 nights worth of points. Will Hyatt make an exception and give me diamond status based on that or will I need 10 additional nights?
Diamond status requires 50 nights or 25 stays - will you meet the latter requirement? If not, then you are -IMO - out of luck, and will need to stay 10 add'l nights.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Did you use your Hyatt credit card? You would get an additional 10 nights credit if you put $40k spend on it.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
One pointer for the future, once you make status and are booking multiple rooms never accept the diamond amenity bonus points on more than one room. Hyatt only gives you the 1000 bonus points on one room per night so you may as well take the F&B amenity for any additional rooms.

Also if it's convenient I try to book employees at nearby hotels that are different chains so I can maintain more high level statuses. My best year I did over 500 elite nights between Hyatt, SPG and Marriott (with me actually spending about 275 on the road).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:44 pm

Most likely, NO!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only way to find out is to write to hyatt - they may make an exception... check with gpc folks here...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DErg

Also if it's convenient I try to book employees at nearby hotels that are different chains so I can maintain more high level statuses. My best year I did over 500 elite nights between Hyatt, SPG and Marriott (with me actually spending about 275 on the road).
You realize you violate t&c of most programs by having others staying under your name, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.