Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by auh2o
Confused. I am basically living in a Hyatt for the next 6 months. How do I sign up for a Diamond Challenge?

Thanks from the newbie.
I believe you are a SPG Platinum - so just contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service and ask them to enroll you in the Diamond Challenge (which to finish requires that you stay 12 nights during a 3 month period). They will probably ask you to submit evidence that you are SPG Platinum (online statement and copy of your SPG Platinum card).

You can also PM our Gold Passport Concierge (the official Hyatt reps) here on Flyertalk.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Wouldn't they disappear? The Suite e-certs are a Diamond benefit, and if you lose the Diamond status by not completing the challenge, wouldn't the reset to 0?
That is what I was thinking. Anyone had this happend before?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:29 am

Please clarify, is the Diamond challenge 12 nights in 60 days or 90 days?

If 90 days, can I be enrolled retroactively?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Please clarify, is the Diamond challenge 12 nights in 60 days or 90 days?

If 90 days, can I be enrolled retroactively?
I'm pretty sure its 90 days - and no it can't be retroactive.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:42 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by devastor
I am currently doing the Diamond Challenge and like all new Diamond members, I instantly received 4 suite upgrade awards. It looks like I could possibliy miss the challenge by a night or two (hoping to squeeze in another trip soon). If I do not meet the required 12 nights, will my 4 suite upgrades go away?
If you are this close, then book a a one or two night weekend stay at a lower cost Hyatt property. The Diamond status and benefits are certainly worth it.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 3:20 pm

This is probably a dumb question for the Hyatt Veterans...

I was just given 60-day Diamond Status to match my Hilton Status. I have an upcoming 4-night stay at a Grand Hyatt using 2 rooms. I have read that you get 4 suite upgrade certifcates. 1) Where do I find these? I looked all over my Passport Account, but can't find anything under awards or the like. 2) Assuming they are there somewhere, would I need to use 2 upgrades for both rooms or is it tied to the reservation? 3) According to the wording of the benefits, I may have needed to use these certifcates at the time of the reservation. Can they be applied retroactively, or am I out of luck?

I am really looking foward to trying out something different than Hilton. Sorry if these are dumb questions - I have never stayed at a Hyatt in my life. Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by scocjo
This is probably a dumb question for the Hyatt Veterans...

I was just given 60-day Diamond Status to match my Hilton Status. I have an upcoming 4-night stay at a Grand Hyatt using 2 rooms. I have read that you get 4 suite upgrade certifcates. 1) Where do I find these? I looked all over my Passport Account, but can't find anything under awards or the like. 2) Assuming they are there somewhere, would I need to use 2 upgrades for both rooms or is it tied to the reservation? 3) According to the wording of the benefits, I may have needed to use these certifcates at the time of the reservation. Can they be applied retroactively, or am I out of luck?

I am really looking foward to trying out something different than Hilton. Sorry if these are dumb questions - I have never stayed at a Hyatt in my life. Thanks for the help.
As a follow-up, I called customer service and was told the suite upgrades will show up in my account within 72 hours.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by scocjo
As a follow-up, I called customer service and was told the suite upgrades will show up in my account within 72 hours.
1) Look under "my awards" - once they show up they'll be there.

2) You can only upgrade 1 room using these Diamond Suite Upgrades - they aren't transferable - you can contact the property to see if they have a second connecting room that can be connected to the suite to make it a "2 bedroom".

3) They can be applied retroactively, anytime from when the reservation is made until you check-in (at check-in it could present a problem if it isn't attached already - since the check-in clerk may not how to do it).
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I see all this talk is about diamond matches/challenges.

I just shot off an email to GP but curious does anyone know of matches or even smaller challenges for Platinum?

I am mostly a leisure traveler so trying to do 12nights isn't going to be anywhere economical for me, but a lesser amount for Plat status would be nice as since it is only 5n/year I can easily reobtain.

I am currently a HH Gold.

So what do yall think? Ill just get shot down right away, I got my first Hyatt stay next weekend and not having free internet s kind of a putoff when I can for free with Hilton.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:30 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by davef139
I see all this talk is about diamond matches/challenges.

I just shot off an email to GP but curious does anyone know of matches or even smaller challenges for Platinum?

I am mostly a leisure traveler so trying to do 12nights isn't going to be anywhere economical for me, but a lesser amount for Plat status would be nice as since it is only 5n/year I can easily reobtain.

I am currently a HH Gold.

So what do yall think? Ill just get shot down right away, I got my first Hyatt stay next weekend and not having free internet s kind of a putoff when I can for free with Hilton.
The requirements for platinum (a solid mid-tier status) are amongst the lowest around - just 5 stays or 15 nights. I doubt Hyatt has any sort of matching program to accelerate people into Plat.

If you're willing to sign up for the Hyatt Visa ($75/year), you get instant comped Plat status. It's definitely worth it the first year since you get 2 free nights, but it remains to be seen whether Hyatt will offer annual retention bonuses.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Well I signed up for a diamond trial as I realized it is 12 NIGHTS! not stays.

I will say I am impressed from the time it took me to send my email with Hilton status to get a reply I was enrolled took a whole 12min.

Another thing, is the extension of my status automatic or do I need email them to ensure like some airlines.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by davef139
Well I signed up for a diamond trial as I realized it is 12 NIGHTS! not stays.

I will say I am impressed from the time it took me to send my email with Hilton status to get a reply I was enrolled took a whole 12min.

Another thing, is the extension of my status automatic or do I need email them to ensure like some airlines.
If you complete the challenge, your account should reflect a new expiration date when your qualifying night posts.

I admit though, I am a little confused by your posts as the previous post says that completing 12 nights would not be economical. I am not criticizing or anything like that. I just want to make sure we can give you the best advice.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:51 pm

I'm curious about the Diamond Challenge...I have Hilton Gold, but moved recently and have been "testing the waters" at several different brands in the new area for work. I really like Hyatt and would like to achieve Diamond, but I have NO stays at Hilton this year due to the move (I do have 8 stays at Hyatt so far, and will easily meet the 12 night challenge). Will a copy of my Gold card suffice or will I run into trouble if they ask for my stay record? I've sent an email requesting a challenge, but haven't heard back yet, I'm guessing because it's the weekend. Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Hi all, not sure where to put this. But, I just used a diamond suite upgrade for the first time for a reservation I already had made. The rep said it was applied and I see that it shows 1 of the upgrades are redeemed, but I do not see any indication on my reservation that the room had changed or anything. Do I get any kind of confirmation that the suite upgrade is attached to my reservation?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:34 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mattolo
Hi all, not sure where to put this. But, I just used a diamond suite upgrade for the first time for a reservation I already had made. The rep said it was applied and I see that it shows 1 of the upgrades are redeemed, but I do not see any indication on my reservation that the room had changed or anything. Do I get any kind of confirmation that the suite upgrade is attached to my reservation?
It is rare for manually-adjusted reservation changes to be reflected online. Sometimes if you look at the reservation details you may see a 2nd room added, but more often than not you won't see any change. This is normal.

If you're nervous, call the property directly and inquire about the room type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.