Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an Eligible Rate shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Ineligible Rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by phiota
I will be staying at Las Vegas Embassy Suites Convention Center Hotel in the few weeks just wondering if it will count toward the Hyatt Challenge (already have gold status @ Hilton HHonors) or would I need to stay at a higher tier brand (like double tree, hilton, conrad...)? Thanks.
If you are planning to credit to your Hyatt account it won't work as mentioned above but if you simply plan to credit it to Hilton to show the one qualifying stay to your Hilton account it should work. I do not believe Hyatt cares what stay you have on your account, any stay should be fine.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by file51
None of the properties you have mentioned have anything to do with Hyatt, so simple answer, NO
They do not have anything to do with hyatt but they do have to deal with the topic on hand which is how to get Hyatt Diamond status by having a high status with certain hotel loyalty program (like hilton hhonor) and staying in one of their hotels previously.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by phiota
They do not have anything to do with hyatt but they do have to deal with the topic on hand which is how to get Hyatt Diamond status by having a high status with certain hotel loyalty program (like hilton hhonor) and staying in one of their hotels previously.
Your previous post did not explain it that well, it came across that you wanted to credit points from non Hyatt properties to the Diamond challenge which won't work.

A per the reply after mine, if it is for the purpose of getting on the challenge, then any stay should be sufficient.

Details regarding this are very clear in the wiki at the top of each page
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:01 am

Hi all, would a timeshare promotional stay (5 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui offer) count towards the 12 nights for the challenge? Did a quick search on this thread and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:50 am

I just started the Diamond challenge. Excepting trying to use the DSUs if I wanted is there anything else I should do with any reservations I had already made before my status was changed?

I thought I remembered reading something about updating them or some such in that situation.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:07 pm

I looked for an answer, I promise, but couldn't find one.

I'm in a Diamond Challenge now which ends Oct. 26. I have a stay planned for the nights of Oct. 25 and 26 with a checkout on the 27th. Will the final night count as my planned 12th night?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
How often can you do Diamond Challenge after you have completed one successfully and had Diamond Status for a year? Will they allow you to do it the following year once it expires?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by elg26
How often can you do Diamond Challenge after you have completed one successfully and had Diamond Status for a year? Will they allow you to do it the following year once it expires?
It is supposed to be once in a lifetime. People have apparently gotten them a second or more times but I would guess you might have to wait a bit longer than you plan.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by giltanis
It is supposed to be once in a lifetime.
Source? Where does it mention that on a Hyatt communication?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Still showing diamond

Signed up for challenge in July and was only able to do 8 nights and status was set to expire on sep 30 but account still shows diamond staus. Anyone have experience with this? If I booked a stay would I still get benefits or would hotel see the experation was 9/30?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Have been told that the Diamond Trial is only running until 31 October 2014 by a Hyatt Customer Representative. Anyone able to verify this?

On a separate note, where will the DSUs show up?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by markcwj
Have been told that the Diamond Trial is only running until 31 October 2014 by a Hyatt Customer Representative. Anyone able to verify this?

I'd be quite surprised to hear that...

Go into your account detail and click "my awards"
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by markcwj

While I have no idea whether they will extend the offer, I can say that this was the second paragraph of the email I received when I registered for my Diamond Trial in Sept. It seems from this that Oct. 31 is the end date. Although it does say "current Diamond trial membership offer". So perhaps they are changing something on Oct. 31?

"I would like to thank you for providing the attachment of your Hilton Honors statement. I am glad to inform you that, you are eligible for the current Diamond trial membership offer, in which you can receive Diamond status, offering elite membership benefits. Register for our Trial Offer by October 31, 2014, and receive a 60-day trial Diamond membership. Your 60-day Diamond trial will begin on the date of enrollment in the offer."
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Well, the wiki clearly states that the last date to enroll is April 30, 2014.

The point being, it seems they've extended this before...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by swag
Well, the wiki clearly states that the last date to enroll is April 30, 2014.

The point being, it seems they've extended this before...
They are always 6 months at a time, then they get renewed, changed, or cancelled. (So far it's always been renewed AFAIK)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.