Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an Eligible Rate shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Ineligible Rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Does the challenge work on stays paid for with Expedia?
Suggest you read the wiki at the top of the page.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No night/stay credit when booked through 3rd parties.... Like with most loyalty programs.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Here is a funny one. any advice would be welcomed.

i have been assisting a friend get a Diamond Challenge. He has Hilton Gold which i thought was acceptable for there challenge. (he has stays recorded this year on the count)

the email came back saying they accept Hilton VIP and Hilton VIP platinum.

what is Hilton VIP (is it the old gold?) and is Hilton gold good for the challenge or not?

cheers

DEWBY
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hilton Gold should be good for the challenge... although I would welcome it if they would exclude status levels you can achieve by only having a credit card, like Hilton Gold.
But, as is also shown in the wiki, they refer to Hilton gold as VIP gold...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone have any experience with getting a hotel to virtually check you in and out? I have recently read somewhere that some hotels do it.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by markcwj
Does anyone have any experience with getting a hotel to virtually check you in and out? I have recently read somewhere that some hotels do it.
They might do that if you've established a relationship with the property- it's consider against the T&Cs - I don't think that there would be anyone responding to your question publicly since Hyatt does monitor this forum pretty closely.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
No night/stay credit when booked through 3rd parties.... Like with most loyalty programs.
I'd like to get clarification for stays booked through Amex FHR or Virtuoso...it seems like I read somewhere here that those are valid stays. Did I imagine it?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ENFO
I'd like to get clarification for stays booked through Amex FHR or Virtuoso...it seems like I read somewhere here that those are valid stays. Did I imagine it?
Don't take the answer out of context, there are always exceptions... :-). Like these, where they have more of an intermediary role. The booking is made directly with the hotel, same can be said for some corporate TA's.
It's the (online) booking platforms like Expedia that the question was about.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
I've seen from this forum that Hyatt runs these Diamond status challenges periodically. I won't be able to start the challenge until January 2015, after the current promotion ends. What are the odds that a status challenge will be available then please?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The challenge has no relation to the other promotions.... your changes are good because a challenge has been offered continuously for the last couple of years, but there are no guarantees.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Nice one, thanks *RTW1* ^
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Don't take the answer out of context, there are always exceptions... :-). Like these, where they have more of an intermediary role. The booking is made directly with the hotel, same can be said for some corporate TA's.
It's the (online) booking platforms like Expedia that the question was about.
RTW1, sorry I didn't mean to sound contentious or anything... I am just truly confused, and I should have added that it's a question I've had for a while and that post reminded me of it. And thank you for the answer! So FHR is definitely allowed as a qualified stay?

Although am still not sure I understand exactly how it works. I guess FHR seems more like a travel agent to me, and I thought TA rates weren't allowed. What about booking through Amex's search engine site, the regular one which lets you redeem with points? Again, not to sound contrarian just trying to understand the T and C.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Most of it is black and white... but there is also some grey :-).

I guess it all depends on how the agreement with Hyatt is drawn and how it's booked in the Hyatt systems. Some of the 3rd party travel advisors seem to have a dedicated rate which they can book, not unlike a corporate rate.

The TA's that book block rates at a discount or get a cut from regular rates are the ones to be wary of when you want stay credit.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:09 pm

I will be staying at Las Vegas Embassy Suites Convention Center Hotel in the few weeks just wondering if it will count toward the Hyatt Challenge (already have gold status @ Hilton HHonors) or would I need to stay at a higher tier brand (like double tree, hilton, conrad...)? Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by phiota
I will be staying at Las Vegas Embassy Suites Convention Center Hotel in the few weeks just wondering if it will count toward the Hyatt Challenge (already have gold status @ Hilton HHonors) or would I need to stay at a higher tier brand (like double tree, hilton, conrad...)? Thanks.
None of the properties you have mentioned have anything to do with Hyatt, so simple answer, NO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.