Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How much is Diamond status worth to you?

How much is Diamond status worth to you?

Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Originally Posted by kevino
96k points are worth a lot more than $1200.
Its just a matter of convincing my wife that's the case, haha...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
4 award nights at the PH Paris will cost a lot more than $1200 versus the 88,000 points needed. You would have 8,000 points left over for a night at a category 2 hotel. The Hyatt Dulles is a category 2 hotel, and weekday rates are usually $150-250 there. I like that hotel as well.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I won't bore you with the details, but I figured out that over the last 365 days, I'd easily be willing to pay $1200 for the benefits which I received as a Diamond. Face price of what I received is probably closer to $3500, but I wouldn't pay some of the suite rates, breakfast costs, or internet charges.

That's almost all domestic travel, plus breakfast for two plus internet for two nights at the Park Hyatt Zurich.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.