Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:56 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blakepilot
Would I be able to use a diamond upgrade to go from a paid Park Suite King to either Presidential suite or another bigger suite at PH Tokyo with any degree of certainty?
There's a small chance you might get bumped one level just for being a diamond, but it's nothing you can count on. The Park Suites are about 85-90 sqmt. Most of them are not kings, but have two queen beds. If you have confirmed a king suite, since there are so few, that slightly increases the probability that they may upgrade you.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: *G, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, BW Plat
Upgrade certificate transfer

I'm planning on staying at the Grand Hyatt Taipei next month and have a question about Diamond upgrade certs. My brother is a Diamond member and offered me an upgrade cert for my stay, but according to the T&C's, the certs aren't transferable. Are properties likely to deny an upgrade cert if the actual Diamond member isn't present at check-in? Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Legendary poster
I'm planning on staying at the Grand Hyatt Taipei next month and have a question about Diamond upgrade certs. My brother is a Diamond member and offered me an upgrade cert for my stay, but according to the T&C's, the certs aren't transferable. Are properties likely to deny an upgrade cert if the actual Diamond member isn't present at check-in? Thanks for your help.
What many people have done, including myself, is to add the GP # of the diamond member on the reservation, and then have them use a suite upgrade. I've done this for my parents on several occasions (anniversary, etc), and they've never run into a problem. I've also not been present when they've checked in.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: *G, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, BW Plat
Thanks for the response, FriendlySkies. So in other words, I should just make the reservation under my name and then call GP to add my brother to the reservation, and then he should be able to apply the suite upgrade cert from there even though I'm the primary reservation holder? The ingenuity of you seasoned FTers never ceases to amaze me.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
What many people have done, including myself, is to add the GP # of the diamond member on the reservation, and then have them use a suite upgrade. I've done this for my parents on several occasions (anniversary, etc), and they've never run into a problem. I've also not been present when they've checked in.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Legendary poster
Thanks for the response, FriendlySkies. So in other words, I should just make the reservation under my name and then call GP to add my brother to the reservation, and then he should be able to apply the suite upgrade cert from there even though I'm the primary reservation holder? The ingenuity of you seasoned FTers never ceases to amaze me.
I'd make the res under his name, and then have him add you as a secondary guest.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:35 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Thanks 777 for the info. I guess we may have to just stay at our typical SPG property while in Paris. Are additional rewards nights opened up closer to the time frame (assuming the hotel's not sold out, which it shouldn't be since they are selling revenue rooms)?

I would hate to apply for the Chase card, specifically to use at this hotel, and then not be able too. Any other suggestions?
My apologies for my long delay here as i have been traveling
I hear your pain
The Park Hyatt Vendome remains of the most difficult redemptions in Gold Passport systemwide
The nearby Hyatt Regency Paris - Madeleine makes a fully adequate choice as well.In some ways I like it better however the rooms tend to be bigger and more special at Vendome.I really liked the food at the Madeleine hower its been some time since I have been there.
Awards may open up as we get closer however I wouldn't count on it especially in high season.
Wishing you future redemption success!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:34 pm

Using a "stay certificate"

I plan to use stay certs at the Grand Hyatt Istanbul in a couple months, and am trying to figure out if there's any way to upgrade to club level using points. Here's what the FAQ says:
Can a certificate recipient upgrade their accommodations?
A Standard guest room is extended to the recipient. Rooms are assigned at check-in. Suite and Concierge level upgrades are currently available only when booking on Hyatt.com.
Does anyone know how/if that upgrade could be accomplished?

Also, this property accepts many different levels of certificates. Can buying a more expensive one yield a club level room or suite?

(PS: I just called customer service at GP and was told there's no way to upgrade using points on top of a stay cert. Moderators - feel free to delete, or leave this post here in case anyone else needs the answer.)

Last edited by kmcg; Jan 14, 2012 at 2:50 pm Reason: update based on call
Old Jan 14, 2012, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by kmcg
I plan to use stay certs at the Grand Hyatt Istanbul in a couple months, and am trying to figure out if there's any way to upgrade to club level using points. Here's what the FAQ says:
Can a certificate recipient upgrade their accommodations?
A Standard guest room is extended to the recipient. Rooms are assigned at check-in. Suite and Concierge level upgrades are currently available only when booking on Hyatt.com.
Does anyone know how/if that upgrade could be accomplished?

Also, this property accepts many different levels of certificates. Can buying a more expensive one yield a club level room or suite?

(PS: I just called customer service at GP and was told there's no way to upgrade using points on top of a stay cert. Moderators - feel free to delete, or leave this post here in case anyone else needs the answer.)
Greetings and happy to assist if I can.
There are silly limitations that exist within Gold Passport when booking rooms and trying to upgrade. Because I know of no way of combining points with a stay certificate my advice would be to contact the hotel in advance or day of check in and say you would like to pay for an upgrade to club access.
And if so how much would it be.
You can call or email the property preferably in advance. To detremine if that is a good value to you.
In answer to your other question.
Using a more expensive certificate will do absolutely no good as it will only increase your certificate cost and daily rate.
Have a great stay!Cheers
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
OK, newbie to Hyatt here. I am in the process of dumping Hilton and moving over to Hyatt, mainly because my company has a good deal with them and they are a "preferred" hotel vendor. Well, that and because Hilton completely devalued Diamond in my eyes (already dropped to Gold starting this year after 5 years as Diamond)

I have just been approved for a Diamond trial (based on my Hilton status). I already have 8 nights booked in the next 2 weeks, so I should be able to complete it fairly easily (just need to get one more week in for work sometime in the next 2 months).

I looked at the promo thread and it didn't seem like anything in there was active (everything expired at the end of 2011).

I really have no idea what to expect out of Diamond status at Hyatt (stays are booked at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara). What I have read is that there is lounge/club access, free internet access, and free breakfast (with some confusion about tipping, tax, etc).

No point in using the suite upgrades for just me, especially since I expect to be working late.

So, the question is, what am I missing to maximize GP?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
At this point, there really isn't anything out there to maximize the points you'll earn beyond the bonus for being a diamond. If Santa Clara doesn't have a lounge, or any Hyatt you're in, you should get a voucher for free breakfast in their restaurant. Also double check on the type of internet access you get. Some hotels have both wired and wireless with a separate charge for each - only one may be included for free. I think those hotels are few and far between.

Welcome to Hyatt!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:34 pm

Hyatt CC newbie question

Does anyone have recent experience with getting the Hyatt CC? Approximately how long does it take to get the card after you're approved? I have two lengthy stays coming up and would like to use. Do you know if you can pay with the card even if you don't physically have it in your hot hand?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastff
Does anyone have recent experience with getting the Hyatt CC? Approximately how long does it take to get the card after you're approved? I have two lengthy stays coming up and would like to use. Do you know if you can pay with the card even if you don't physically have it in your hot hand?
A Hyatt Ambassador Pleasure to assist
A Chase credit card takes approx ten working days to 3 weeks from my past experience with over ten of their cards.The Ink Bold card took almost a month the longest it ever took to receive a Chase card

One cannot use the card without it in their hands physically.
It would probably be a breach of security otherwise till its in your possesion
and the card is authorized by your phone for active use.
I doubt they have a special expidite for new card holders.

I know when I lost a card recently a replacement was received in 24 hours
Must say Chase as far as the credit card division goes has vastly improved customer service as to what it was in the past .A warm Pre-Welcome to the Hyatt Chase Visa card ^
Cheers
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I really have no idea what to expect out of Diamond status at Hyatt (stays are booked at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara). What I have read is that there is lounge/club access, free internet access, and free breakfast (with some confusion about tipping, tax, etc).

No point in using the suite upgrades for just me, especially since I expect to be working late.

So, the question is, what am I missing to maximize GP?
If your stays at Santa Clara are booked on the weekends (Fri-Sun) then the lounge is closed. It's accessible for drinks and snacks but there are no breakfast and evening food options. As a Diamond member, you will get free full breakfast in the restaurant to compensate AND you'll receive 2500 bonus points.

I believe HR Irvine is the same way, although I've never stayed there. Keep in mind that properties without a lounge will give you free full breakfast but no bonus points.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
Quick question-- Is the COSTCO rate upgradeable using points?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I would doubt it, since the wording says "prevailing deluxe rate." However, it certainly can't hurt to call and ask. You never know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.