Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:21 pm

I've got a question

Though not a newbie...
with the change on the HGP website, where do I find G bonus listings?
It was so easy to find before the site overhaul.
Is it less apparent or am I not looking carefully enough.
TIA
Carolyn
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Though not a newbie...
TIA
Carolyn
Hi Carolyn,

I believe they are now listed out per hotel...discussion here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...p-website.html

Good luck!
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Out with the old and in with the new

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Though not a newbie...
TIA
Carolyn
Thanks for the post Carolyn
Its a new enhancement kind a sorta My take is if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Today it is done with a search engine
I too preferred the previous version though I do like in theory the idea of a search engine.
Would have included both personally.

Please share your experience and perception of the changes so the good folks at Hyatt can be aware
as well as those in community can voice their preferences as well
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 31, 2010 at 4:13 pm
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
First of all, I think it is appropriate at a PH to make a fuss over just about anything that bothers you. This is Hyatt's top rank, intended to compete with luxury hotels, and your entire stay should be good, not just most of it.

Should you be comped for most any problem? No, but the hotel should make a good faith effort to fix it, and profuse yet mechanical apologies aren't sufficient.
Thanks. I see what you are saying. I just didn't want to be whining on a free stay. I have never asked for compensation from Hyatt but I will follow your suggestion and let the folks running the place know if something is amiss.

Cheers
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Thanks. I see what you are saying. I just didn't want to be whining on a free stay. I have never asked for compensation from Hyatt but I will follow your suggestion and let the folks running the place know if something is amiss.

Cheers
I don't look at an award as a free stay or any differently than I do a revenue stay.
Some of my best stays historically were on award in or out of the Hyatt GP program
Remember one way or the other to earn the points or complimentary promotional night you in fact used revenue.
A positive brand experience is the life blood of the hospitality business and that keeps hotels in business from satisfied guests and hotel companies earning profits.........
If a hotel or their guest relations dept doesn't receive the information
you leave all future guests open to the same potential for a poor experience in the future.
Yourself included and you might not go back anyway simply because of the concern.
One can refuse compensation adding extra merit to a given case........Let your voice be heard!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Originally Posted by travelmbs
Next question, if I pay attention to the Hyatt forum and my hyatt account, will I be able to manage to to make the most of this program - of which I am already a huge fan? Or is there more work involved (besides the self tracking as mentioned)? I have noticed that I don't use the promo codes when booking, and that has to change.
So I guess I am asking for tips you use to stay up to date.
Following this forum is definitely enormously educational.

As I noted, tracking is sadly more necessary with Hyatt Gold Passport than with most other programs because so many stays fail to post correctly. I am still a major fan of the program; but this is a significant wart. For example, while I do hang on to all of my boarding passes, my experience is that nearly 100% of my flights will post to the corresponding frequent flier program -- and with all applicable bonuses -- that I don't generally make a consistent effort to reconcile the boarding passes with the postings, because it's not worth my time to do so.

Now, some folks' experience with Hyatt GP is that all of their stays post just fine, but I find that my stays where I request miles almost never post earning miles, they post earning points (the system default, as if the hotel front desk person had never entered my FFP number and mile earning preference, even though I watched them do exactly that). And my stays will usually earn promotional points just fine if they are Hyatt-wide promotions, but the various additional earnings that are specific to a property (such as the welcome amenity bonus or any of the bonuses intended to make up for the hotel failing to deliver on something such as an open Regency Club lounge [complimentary access for Diamond members] or the reserved bed type, or any G# or A# bonuses) often fail to post.

So, many of us are resigned to having to contact Hyatt GP post facto to fix things up. It's more efficient to batch up the stays that have gone wrong and then fix them all with one communication. The quality of the staff who answer the Hyatt GP customer service phone line seems to be a lot more variable now than it used to be. It used to be uniformly excellent, but now some agents are still fantastic while others are merely so-so... newbies with good attitude, and they know when they don't know what to do and need to check with a supervisor, but then your call takes that much longer. At one point the Hyatt GP concierge presence on this forum were offering to hook up FlyerTalk'ers with their own Private Line representative -- you get a name, email, and phone number to contact directly. I suspect normally this is normally a by-invitation program where customers generating the most revenue are invited individually. With a Private Line agent, I simply send an email about once a month detailing all the fix-ups that are necessary, and she makes everything right. I believe that offer is no longer available, though.

In regards to the G# and A# codes, probably only 5-10% of my stays have been at properties during dates when they had a G# or A# promotion active. If your travel pattern happens to take you to such a property with repeated stays, it's certainly worth adding the promo code to your reservation. But I find that even at a property that offers them, I'm earning a lot more through other means, so I don't find the G# or A# codes that big of a deal. For example, a 2 night stay at a $175/night Hyatt property earns 2,625 GP points from the amount of spending, 1,000 GP points as a Diamond member if I choose that over a welcome food & beverage amenity, and 4,000 GP points from the 2 nights counting toward the current Great 10K promotion. Any applicable G# or A# bonuses apply per stay, not per night. The latest Hyatt.com redesign makes searching for G# and A# promotions more difficult (see other posts in this thread), too.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
Finally made it back home after watching two games of the world series in texas. GO RANGERS! I am honored to be picked as one of the ambassors and look forward answering my fellow members questions.
That must be feeling sad watching the game last night, I want the Rangers to win tonight, so they could come to SF and beaten here, our local restaurants and bars need the business. GO GIANTS

As far as Hyatt GP stays, I wait once a month to do house keeping and send out the stays that miss GX or Miles they are very good in fixing it.

Looking forward to help out as well.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:24 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Thank you ambassadors

I have subscribed to this thread as every question asked has been a question about something that this relative newbie to the program did not know.

I do like the Hyatt program and as soon as my last stay posts will become a Diamond. (question - How long after it posts?)

Reading some answers it really seems complicated to get the most out of it but that is really true for every program that offers extras for those who ask.

Once again thanks for this thread. The amount of time that is available for me on FT is used by me for needs/responibilities elsewhere.

Once again thank you ambassadors and all others who contribute questions and/or answers.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Hi,
I'm a newbee I;m going from 10.11-12.11 to Barcelona? Any promo codes for hotels there? I tried the IHG and found a nice hotel for 68 Euro (HIEX) Maybe a marriott or sth else?
thx for help, you're doing a great job!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:04 pm

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by cz4444
Hi,
I'm a newbee I;m going from 10.11-12.11 to Barcelona? Any promo codes for hotels there? I tried the IHG and found a nice hotel for 68 Euro (HIEX) Maybe a marriott or sth else?
sadly there are no Hyatts (any more) in Spain, so little point in posting here. Good luck with finding a good rate at IHG or elsewhere...
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by cz4444
Hi,
Welcome Newbie we are glad to have you!
Being I assume price appears to be the most important factor besides a major brand name with a program for you I am going to give a nod towards the HIEX For the following reasons

First IHG has superb brand and guest assurance (if it isn't a good stay their guest assistance will do something to make it right)
Hopefully the hotel would first.
Word on the street is the HIEX seems to have some nice basic new properties at the international level when seeking cost effective options (check public forums here and off Flyertalk for reviews)
Depending on your dates of travel is that 2011?
there is fantastic promotion here in the last quarter that Priority Club is currently offering (check eligible dates)
By registering one can choose free nights for every two stays or double points
For terms and conditions and or further details please check the Priority Club forum here on Flyertalk and or the IHG website

I think many of us look forward to see Hyatt return to Spain
The good news here is European expansion is in our future planned with many a Hyatt loyalist eagerly the first ever Hyatt in Amsterdam and Andaz property ^
Have a great trip and enjoy Spain!!

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Nov 4, 2010 at 5:54 pm Reason: minor cleanup
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Welcome Newbie we are glad to have you!
Being I assume price appears to be the most important factor besides a major brand name with a program for you I am going to give a nod towards the HIEX For the following reasons

First IHG has superb brand and guest assurance (if it isn't a good stay their guest assistance will do something to make it right)
Hopefully the hotel would first.
Word on the street is the HIEX seems to have some nice basic new properties at the international level when seeking cost effective options (check public forums here and off Flyertalk for reviews)
Depending on your dates of travel is that 2011?
there is fantastic promotion here in the last quarter that Priority Club is currently offering (check eligible dates)
By registering one can choose free nights for every two stays or double points
For terms and conditions and or further details please check the Priority Club forum here on Flyertalk and or the IHG website

I think many of us look forward to see Hyatt return to Spain
The good news here is European expansion is in our future planned with many a Hyatt loyalist eagerly the first ever Hyatt in Amsterdam and Andaz property ^
Have a great trip and enjoy Spain!!
Hi,
thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to Barcelona 10.11.10-12.11.10! Are there any special offers? I've registered for priority club 2 days ago. Where can I check this offers for the last quarter exactly??looked at the priority website, but can't find nth
thx for help

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Nov 4, 2010 at 5:55 pm Reason: minor cleanup
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:29 am

Another question is, do I get points when I book through the F&F website from IHG?
Because when I tried to book through this website, I was logged in at priority club and F&F rate and there nth stads that I won't get points when I book through this website.
Thx
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by magic111
I do like the Hyatt program and as soon as my last stay posts will become a Diamond. (question - How long after it posts?)
Got my answer before anyone posted the answer - it appeared at the same time.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
I am a total Hyatt newbie. I've signed up for Passport, but only stayed at a Hyatt 2 nights this year.

I'm planning a trip to either Maui or Kauai. My wife wants to stay at the Hyatt, but me being SPG gold would prefer a Starwood since there are chances of upgrades.

1. Does Hyatt offer any sort of status match?

2. Also, is there consensus on where to find the best rates for Maui or Kauai? SHould I try Hyatt.com or expedia or annother service? My SPG credit card gives me lots of promos at Starwood, but I'm clueless where to look for Hyatt rates.

Thanks
David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.