Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes you will...
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
goodwill goldpassport points

Hi everyone! I recently had an unpleasant stay at a Hyatt regency. I complained and gold passport wrote back awarding me some goodwill points for the inconvenience. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea how long it would take to get those points credited to my account? My guess is four weeks? I've been checking for the past entire week, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:21 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by A2Zombie
Hi everyone! I recently had an unpleasant stay at a Hyatt regency. I complained and gold passport wrote back awarding me some goodwill points for the inconvenience. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea how long it would take to get those points credited to my account? My guess is four weeks? I've been checking for the past entire week, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
There is no rule.
Some hotels can post in 24 hours/right away or may wait some time before submitting.
If they really want to it can be posted same day/within 24 hours with the hotel calling Gold Passport
If I find myself in such a situation and I have I will typically ask the front office manager so I don't have to keep checking.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I apologize for this question, but if anyone would know....

I am not at all familiar with the Hyatt brand, nor its sale/promo policies. I want to book a stay at the Hyatt on the Bund in Shanghai for mid-September (2014). The current 30% Asia promo expires Aug 31, 2014. I understand the summer is a low season and that's why the promo (apparently there have been a couple over the summer...)

Am I better off booking the advance purchase fare now (or as soon as I have confirmed my meeting dates) or just booking the regular rate and cancelling that to rebook if a promo does come out?

Follow-up to that would be - how far out are the "advance purchase" rates usually good for? 2 weeks, 2 months? Thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:49 pm

Is there any way to change the name on an award reservation? I had my mom book 2 nights for me using her chase free nights, and on the phone they said she had to check in. Can I just add my name to it and she never checks in?

Last edited by TravelingRabbit; Jul 21, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:05 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I apologize for this question, but if anyone would know....

I am not at all familiar with the Hyatt brand, nor its sale/promo policies. I want to book a stay at the Hyatt on the Bund in Shanghai for mid-September (2014). The current 30% Asia promo expires Aug 31, 2014. I understand the summer is a low season and that's why the promo (apparently there have been a couple over the summer...)

Am I better off booking the advance purchase fare now (or as soon as I have confirmed my meeting dates) or just booking the regular rate and cancelling that to rebook if a promo does come out?

Follow-up to that would be - how far out are the "advance purchase" rates usually good for? 2 weeks, 2 months? Thank you!
Advance purchase rates appear to be only available until 1-2 weeks before the stay. What you should do depends on your plans and tolerance of a ninrefundable rate.

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Is there any way to change the name on an award reservation? I had my mom book 2 nights for me using her chase free nights, and on the phone they said she had to check in. Can I just add my name to it and she never checks in?
Chase nights are technically not transferable. Your strategy has some risks - more so at international properties and less so at domestic ones - ymmv. If it was a regular points award nights they can be issued in another persons name without problem but requires a call in to book.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:07 am

Change date on an award night - pre-deval?

Hi, I booked a speculative award night in Europe prior to the devaluation. I still want the same hotel - but 2 weeks prior. I know these aren't changeable, but I was wondering if I emailed the hotel with my request to change the date if it might be granted.
Would this work?
Thank you!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Really only one way to find out.... but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Really only one way to find out.... but I wouldn't count on it.
Yes, I know..realized I should have just emailed first. Wasn't sure if there was another way before I did that. Thank you!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
In reference to the requirement in the wiki that stays have to be booked "directly with Hyatt (hyatt.com)" for stays to count...

What about through corporate travel booking sites like Concur? Will these stays count? The reason I'm asking is because I'm helping someone whose company requires her to use Concur, and I'd like to recommend the Diamond challenge to her, but only if her stays counted.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:13 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by LAXative
In reference to the requirement in the wiki that stays have to be booked "directly with Hyatt (hyatt.com)" for stays to count...

What about through corporate travel booking sites like Concur? Will these stays count? The reason I'm asking is because I'm helping someone whose company requires her to use Concur, and I'd like to recommend the Diamond challenge to her, but only if her stays counted.
Good Morning,

If you had an example of a confirmed reservation for her, past or upcoming, I'd be happy to see if it would be eligible or ineligible if you were to PM me the relevant details.

Warm regards,

Evan V
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:47 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Most corporate booking engines qualify. If the stay is billed to others or paid in advance they will not.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

I book through Concur and all mine have counted towards status.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Morning,

If you had an example of a confirmed reservation for her, past or upcoming, I'd be happy to see if it would be eligible or ineligible if you were to PM me the relevant details.

Warm regards,

Evan V
Originally Posted by peteropny
Most corporate booking engines qualify. If the stay is billed to others or paid in advance they will not.
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
I book through Concur and all mine have counted towards status.
Thanks all for confirming your experiences, and indeed Evan was also able to verify eligibility for me on an upcoming reservation.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:48 pm

Can someone provide me some insight for me about the Platinum Room availability guarantee?

I tried to book a hotel for myself and 2 coworkers (3 rooms total) for August 6-8. The Hyatt place I need to stay is a block away from a client I see every few weeks. Unfortunately it is sold out for August 6th.

I emailed Hyatt Gold passport to see what they could do and they booked me rooms for August 7th but told me august 6th is sold out and they cannot help me.

Isn't this what the 72 hour guarantee is for or am I confused on this?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.