Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JohnDP
hi,

I would like to inquire about the average crediting time with Gold Passport points as I have stayed at a Hyatt US location with checkout 02.12.2010 and I still have no points to this day.

Is that normal? Should I already ask for past stay credit?

Thanks,

JohnDP
If you go to hyatt.com, you can submit a past stay request. The points will usually post within 3-5 days. If that won't work, contacting Hyatt GP Customer service should help out
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:52 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

hi,

I would like to inquire about the average crediting time with Gold Passport points as I have stayed at a Hyatt US location with checkout 02.12.2010 and I still have no points to this day.

Thanks,

JohnDP
Seeing as you're in Europe, I assume you mean December 2nd and not February 12! If I am right about that, I wouldn't worry if the points hadn't posted yet, I'd give it at least 3 weeks before initiating follow-up procedures.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 2:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

hi,

Thanks,

JohnDP
Greetings JohnDP!

Typically the system at Gold Passport will post Domestic North America properties between 24 to 48 hours after check out.
After at least one week or more it would be suggestion to follow up with Gold Passport and have them post the stay manually.

The good folks from Gold Passport may have to ask you to fax a copy of the stay or in a perfect world they may bring it up in their systems and post it for you real time

Best Regards
Your Flyertalk Ambassador team
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
PLUS

If your stay had any associated G bonuses, you will have to call or email for them.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:37 am
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Guys, where is the form for submitting request for missing stays/ bonus points on the new website? Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by crystak
Guys, where is the form for submitting request for missing stays/ bonus points on the new website? Thanks
Sign in to your GP account - go to "my account details" - then near the bottom of that page should be a link to "Past Stay Credit Request" - https://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/account/credit_request.jsp .
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Sign in to your GP account - go to "my account details" - then near the bottom of that page should be a link to "Past Stay Credit Request" - https://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/account/credit_request.jsp .
Got it, thanks peteropny. Happy holidays!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:05 am

I really hate the new layout.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
Hyatt matress run

Hi there,

I am still a newbie and I have the following question concerning Hyatt`s Gold-Passport program:

I used to be a Platinum member in the past and due to the fact that I didn´t manage to requalify this year,I was downgraded to a basis membership.

In 2011, I´m planning a so called matress run with Hyatt - with the intention to get the Hyatt Diamond status.I know that I have to start from almost zero points.

Therefore I am looking for any helpful ideas or advice.I would like to use as many different Hyatt promotions as possible to accelerate the status run and maybe it is worth to combine these promotions with many stays in lower priced hotels all over the world e.g.in the US,Europe or even India?!

Which promotions would you recommend and which of them are repeated by Hyatt every year and are already known among FT members?

Thanks a lot in advance for any helpful idea,advice ar suggestion.

P.S.:My next journey in early 2011 will be a spontanious trip to SFO.
Which is the best way to get a reasonable rate for the Hyatt hotel? Some friends of mine used to have a promotion code or corporate code (?) for this hotel and managed to book a room for around $ 100.

Last edited by kaninchen; Dec 18, 2010 at 8:57 pm Reason: Addition to the posting
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by kaninchen
Hi there,

I am still a newbie and I have the following question concerning Hyatt`s Gold-Passport program:

I used to be a Platinum member in the past and due to the fact that I didn´t manage to requalify this year,I was downgraded to a basis membership.

In 2011, I´m planning a so called matress run with Hyatt - with the intention to get the Hyatt Diamond status.I know that I have to start from almost zero points.

Therefore I am looking for any helpful ideas or advice.I would like to use as many different Hyatt promotions as possible to accelerate the status run and maybe it is worth to combine these promotions with many stays in lower priced hotels all over the world e.g.in the US,Europe or even India?!

Which promotions would you recommend and which of them are repeated by Hyatt every year and are already known among FT members?

Thanks a lot in advance for any helpful idea,advice ar suggestion.

Which is the best way to get a reasonable rate for the Hyatt hotel? Some friends of mine used to have a promotion code or corporate code (?) for this hotel and managed to book a room for around $ 100.
Greetings,

Because I play by the rules I don’t use corporate codes unless I am permitted like with my Costco membership or other.
And those rates may be higher or lower at the time.......
The lowest eligible rates typically are AAA, AARP(if you have such memberships) and weekend rates.

I don't think I can personally answer all your questions so I would like to open these questions up to all my fellow Ambassadors to see if they can help you shed some light on the topics here........What I can say is Hyatt is really not all that predictable as many folks think when it comes to predicting exact times with repeat promotions. Sure promotions have been repeated through the years.
But really there is no crystal ball here.It is pure speculation to say that this or that promotion will repeat itself and at such and such a time.

That said I think Hyatt has so far surpassed most programs this past year when it came to exceptional opportunities. If I were in your shoes I might try to arrange an elite status challenge. If that didn't work or even if it did I would probably make some bookings if the rates were agreeable along with the destinations that interested me and then wait to see if the promotions appeal to me in the weeks/days ahead. As long as the bookings are changeable or refundable you certainly have nothing to lose. Good luck with your status quest.I think you will find Diamond status well worth the effort

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 18, 2010 at 11:19 pm
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by kaninchen

Right now I don't think there are any non-property (or maybe region) -specific promos out there. The last global promo (10,000 points for five nights) ended on 12/15. We're eagerly awaiting the next one -- you can see some speculation and rambling (that would be my posts, of course) here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...fn-2011-a.html

I'd recommend to keep an eye on this forum as you surely will see a thread pop up here within minutes of a promo getting announced. In the past there were some stays-count-double promos and you probably don't want to miss those when your goal is to MR to Diamond status.

I don't use corporate rates I am not eligible for, but I have often found AAA rates to be quite nice. I have never stayed there myself overnight (I live in the area), but I think the HR SFO (i.e., the airport hotel... not in the city itself) often has pretty good weekend rates.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
Thank you.

Thanks a lot for all your ideas,suggestions and comments so far.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I noticed this ‘newbie’ thread and since I have never stayed at a Hyatt as far as I can recall I thought I might ask for some insight. I have been thinking about giving Hyatt a try, but it just never worked out because I have Platinum status with SPG (and Accor, for whatever that is worth) so I always wind up booking with Starwood (or IC in the specific case of Hong Kong and a few other cities due to lack of a Starwood I like). From what I read on FC, Hyatt must be is very nice, but now that status match has been eliminated, I seem to have missed the boat. Is there really any point in trying out Hyatt without status match? Is there some particular city where Hyatt is so outstanding that it might be worth it? Any suggestions for 2011 would be welcome.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:25 pm

Thanks for the question.

Whether it is worth it, is up to you. Look at your travel and see if there are Hyatt's there. What do you WANT from your travel. As a diamond, I am guaranteed breakfast, and I can guarantee up to 4 suites a year. That is enough for me to be worth it. Not to mention bonus points on most stays (Gbonuses)

Obviously my opportunities in the US may differ from yours. I am fortunate to have no less than 12 properties within 1.5 hours, many of which have incredible low weekend rates. Mattress runs during the free night promos are a no brainer, so for me, yes worth it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.