Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by cityfishing
Sometimes when I book an award, I can't find availability for a 2 night reservation. However, I can sometimes find availability if I search for each night individually. In that case, since I have 2 separate reservations and check in and check out each night, can I get 2 Diamond amenities even though the nights are consecutive?
If these are consecutive nights they will be combined into 1 stay and you will get diamond amenity bonus only once. This also applies to paid stays where multiple reservations on the consecutive nights at the same property are always treated as 1 stay.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by cityfishing
Sometimes when I book an award, I can't find availability for a 2 night reservation. However, I can sometimes find availability if I search for each night individually. In that case, since I have 2 separate reservations and check in and check out each night, can I get 2 Diamond amenities even though the nights are consecutive?
No not typically back to back stays or nights no matter how they are booked are still considered one stay
In the rules of Gold Passport
However if the hotel offers a second amenity that would be based on their own discretion/generosity........ they certainly have no obligation to do so
If you were to allow 24 hours between those stays the answer would be yes
Thanks for the question Happy Holiday
Cheers
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by peteropny
Of course the YMMV warning applies - since training of CS reps are still not really up to snuff. But if this is now "rule", its great news.
I don't know if this is the right thread for this question, but I didn't want to create a new one since my question is about Diamond Suite UGs. I did the plat / diamond challenge earlier in the year and received 4 UGs that have an expiration date of 2/28/11. Should they say 2/28/12 since that's when my status is good till? Or will they deposit 4 new ones in my account on March?

Not sure if it matters, but I'll end the year with 80 or so nights despite initially getting diamond via the challenge.

I've asked CS this question twice but they haven't answered the question directly. Maybe I should call instead of emailing, but wanted to check in here before doing so.

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
Originally Posted by peteropny
Of course the YMMV warning applies - since training of CS reps are still not really up to snuff. But if this is now "rule", its great news.
I don't know if this is the right thread for this question, but I didn't want to create a new one since my question is about Diamond Suite UGs. I did the plat / diamond challenge earlier in the year and received 4 UGs that have an expiration date of 2/28/11. Should they say 2/28/12 since that's when my status is good till? Or will they deposit 4 new ones in my account on March?

Not sure if it matters, but I'll end the year with 80 or so nights despite initially getting diamond via the challenge.

I've asked CS this question twice but they haven't answered the question directly. Maybe I should call instead of emailing, but wanted to check in here before doing so.

Thanks!
It's the right place for your question. You will get 4 new suite upgrade certificates on March 1, 2011.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Well I'm not a Hyatt newbie, but I haven't registered many stays since January. Does Hyatt still provide Diamond status privileges (room upgrade, club, breakfast etc.) on stays booked through third-party websites, including PL?

And is it the only the hotel chain that does so?

Thx.....
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore
Well I'm not a Hyatt newbie, but I haven't registered many stays since January. Does Hyatt still provide Diamond status privileges (room upgrade, club, breakfast etc.) on stays booked through third-party websites, including PL?

Thx.....
I'm pretty sure that the answer to your questions is yes and yes.

But if I'm wrong one of the REAL experts will shortly chime in, I'm sure.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:52 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Yes and I don't know.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Explore

Thx.....
Greetings
No shame in not being a newbie here
It's been years since I have done a booking on PL
That said it's been my experience and that of many others I hear from that Hyatt Hotels are typically very customer friendly to Diamond members when booking on third party and opaque booking sites like
Hyatt remains the most fair and consistent program to offer benefits through the years of all major programs
In my own perception upgrades can be a bit more challenging if looking for a
suite upgrade however they are very good typically offering all other Diamond perks.The one exception to that would be earning stay credit ,miles and or points for your stay
The good news is welcome amenity points can be earned and any points earned on eligible charges posted to your room during your stay
Thanks for the question
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Park Ararat MOW

Hi,

I have a kind of a situation and am looking for an answer. Another FT mate who is also DIAMOND is going to book a 2 nights reward stay for me.

1) Can he book for me using his points or no??? I mean is this perfectly legal or does it depend upon the hotel's discretion. The reason why I am asking is because I do not want to take any chances and look like an idiot at the reception especially when outside its going to be around -20 Degrees at that time of the year.

2) Can I use my SUITE UPGRADE to upgrade this reward booking???

3) How good is Park Ararat in Moscow for an upgrade for a Diamond??

Thanks in advance.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:42 am

An Ambassador pleasure to assist
No problem for your mate to book you an award out of their account
Fully upstanding in the eyes of the program
However no suite upgrade may be used on any award booking only revenue
To my understanding the member must use the suite upgrade out of their account when booking a revenue room and the member whose account the suite upgrade comes out of must occupy the room
So a suite upgrade is not transferrable even on a revenue booking
Stay warm in Moscow and here's to a chill free reception
Cheers
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
An Ambassador pleasure to assist
No problem for your mate to book you an award out of their account
Fully upstanding in the eyes of the program
However no suite upgrade may be used on any award booking only revenue
To my understanding the member must use the suite upgrade out of their account when booking a revenue room and the member whose account the suite upgrade comes out of must occupy the room
So a suite upgrade is not transferrable even on a revenue booking
Stay warm in Moscow and here's to a chill free reception
Cheers
Hi,

Many many thanks for your quick assistance.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER
Hi,

I have a kind of a situation and am looking for an answer. Another FT mate who is also DIAMOND is going to book a 2 nights reward stay for me.

1) Can he book for me using his points or no??? I mean is this perfectly legal or does it depend upon the hotel's discretion. The reason why I am asking is because I do not want to take any chances and look like an idiot at the reception especially when outside its going to be around -20 Degrees at that time of the year.

2) Can I use my SUITE UPGRADE to upgrade this reward booking???

3) How good is Park Ararat in Moscow for an upgrade for a Diamond??

Thanks in advance.

Safe Flying

EGT
I had an extremely great stay this summer. Got suite on 2 different award bookings (1 and 3 nights respectively). Low occupancy due to Moscow fires though.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Ambassador
stay credit for stays through new year?

i'm currently planning to stay at the grand hyatt hong kong over new year's, from december 28 through january 2, 2011. i need one more stay to reach diamond for this year. will my stay over the new year qualify me for diamond next year or will it count for 2011? thanks for your help!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You will probably have to call customer support and ask them to manually requalify you based upon your check in date.

The system records the stays based upon check out, but customer svc should be able to correct that for you.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You will probably have to call customer support and ask them to manually requalify you based upon your check in date.

The system records the stays based upon check out, but customer svc should be able to correct that for you.
Thank you fellow Ambassador Mary2e for the helpful answer to the posters question
I would like to add this is what makes Hyatt Gold Passport such an exceptional
Program it's ability to be flexible and cooperate with it's members needs.....

Off topic perhaps
Loyalty can not always be measured down to a ticking clock on the 31rst each year.
It is one of the reasons I salute the brilliant past Hilton rolling tier qualification effort
Regretfully it failed but mostly because it could not be communicated to many
folks in or outside the company without massive confusion
It really was and remains part of the future IMO of measuring loyalty as an effective group of options for both companies and customers to sustain greater long term business relationships
Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.