Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I definitely am going to have to use more boldface in my responses. Gives a much more distinguished look! These challenge terms are new to me as well, so it would be very useful to know more details, but maybe best to start a new thread about this because it will be of interest to everybody.
Or maybe add it to the recent thread that Gold Passport Concierge started about discontinuation of tier matching.

(sorry, after a glass of wine or two I couldn't resist to try some distinguished look to my post . I love 777's posts and find them very valuable and insightful.)
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Cool

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Or maybe add it to the recent thread that Gold Passport Concierge started about discontinuation of tier matching.

(sorry, after a glass of wine or two I couldn't resist to try some distinguished look to my post . I love 777's posts and find them very valuable and insightful.)
Thanks for the compliment my fellow tipsy Ambassador!
I will expect to have some boldface competition in the near future
And no drinking on the job or posts may not seem as they appear
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: PCRA, BAEC Silver
suite upgrade using point?

How do we request for suite upgrade using point? and is it 6000 points for 4 nights or 6000 points per night?

Thanks in advance for the input!!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by 0123571113
How do we request for suite upgrade using point? and is it 6000 points for 4 nights or 6000 points per night?

Thanks in advance for the input!!
It is 6000 points for 4 nights but you need to book the Hyatt daily rate to be able to use the suite upgrade based on points. You will have to call the CS in order to do this.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:10 pm

Which means I could not use the point for upgrade when I book for the Advance Purchase rate? Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:35 pm

Which means I could not use the point for upgrade when I book for the Advance Purchase rate? Thanks!
Welcome to our fleet of helpful Ambassadors
That is correct an Advance Purchase rate is not one that would be applicable
It is typically rack rates or the higher published rates in most of the hotels.

My advice after many years with Hyatt would be as previously advised which is to call Gold Passport Customer Service where they can tell you property by property what the indivdual qualifying rate plan that would be eligible for the suite upgrade under the terms and conditions and set hotel by hotel as to what the actual rate plan may be that is eligible.
Hope that helps a little bit
Cheers and thanks for the question here!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Welcome to our fleet of helpful Ambassadors
That is correct an Advance Purchase rate is not one that would be applicable
It is typically rack rates or the higher published rates in most of the hotels.

My advice after many years with Hyatt would be as previously advised which is to call Gold Passport Customer Service where they can tell you property by property what the indivdual qualifying rate plan that would be eligible for the suite upgrade under the terms and conditions and set hotel by hotel as to what the actual rate plan may be that is eligible.
Hope that helps a little bit
Cheers and thanks for the question here!
Thank you so much for your advise!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:29 pm

Lightbulb Speaking of suite bookings and off topic a bit

Thank you so much for your advise!
Our Pleasure
I would like to add and bring to your personal attention and the folks that may not be aware in this forum.One of the most under utilized aspects of the Gold Passport program for many folks is the
3 nights in a suite on all points and confirmed at time of booking ^

It is one of my favorite aspects of the program and oddly one I fail to remember to use myself!
Partially because the full service hotels typically do such a good job of upgrading
I sometimes don't feel the need either.
Some of the hotels this can really work brilliantly.
And another reason to keep earning those Gold Passport points!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Our Pleasure
I would like to add and bring to your personal attention and the folks that may not be aware in this forum.One of the most under utilized aspects of the Gold Passport program for many folks is the
3 nights in a suite on all points and confirmed at time of booking ^

It is one of my favorite aspects of the program and oddly one I fail to remember to use myself!
Partially because the full service hotels typically do such a good job of upgrading
I sometimes don't feel the need either.
Some of the hotels this can really work brilliantly.
And another reason to keep earning those Gold Passport points!

3 nights in a suite on all points? Sorry, could you please explain a bit, did not quite understand the idea.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:52 pm

3 nights in a suite on all points? Sorry, could you please explain a bit, did not quite understand the idea.
Our Pleasure to assist.Hope this helps a bit.
Think of this for example.

One free night on points in a standard room might be 15,000 points
Three free nights on points in a standard would be 45,000 points
Three free nights in a suite might be 69,000 points
Any Suites booked soley on points for free night redemption require a 3 night minimum

The point redemption amount needed of course depends on the individual category of hotel
For further information or how to book please call Hyatt Gold Passport Customer service for further details
Cheers
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
You can also ask upon checkin. When I was a newbie, I did this successfully twice
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by etsmyers
You can also ask upon checkin. When I was a newbie, I did this successfully twice
Always ask, that is the motto. If you ask must likely you will receive.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if anyone can answer my question.

I did the challenge earlier in the year - 15 nights before Sept 30 to attain Diamond status.

I achieved the challenge - did 15 nights prior to September 30th.

However, when I look at my account details, it shows the Diamond Tier as expiring on Sept 30 2010. My understanding was that if we achieved the challenge, we would attain Diamond Status until Feb 2012.

Of course, I only just noticed this on my account and it's too late to call CS to ask about it.

I shall call tomorrow, but just thought I might be luck to get someone tonight on FT who might know the answer!

I just booked 4 nights in MCO at the Hyatt Regency at the airport, so I want to make sure I have Diamond status while I am there.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
I wonder if anyone can answer my question.

I did the challenge earlier in the year - 15 nights before Sept 30 to attain Diamond status.

I achieved the challenge - did 15 nights prior to September 30th.

However, when I look at my account details, it shows the Diamond Tier as expiring on Sept 30 2010. My understanding was that if we achieved the challenge, we would attain Diamond Status until Feb 2012.

Of course, I only just noticed this on my account and it's too late to call CS to ask about it.

I shall call tomorrow, but just thought I might be luck to get someone tonight on FT who might know the answer!

I just booked 4 nights in MCO at the Hyatt Regency at the airport, so I want to make sure I have Diamond status while I am there.
I am sure it would be Feb 2012. I'd just email GP customer service and explain what challenge you were on (if you have some prior email confirmation, include it). I had a similar issue where my "trial" Diamond status didn't automatically extend and they fixed it right away.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Sometimes when I book an award, I can't find availability for a 2 night reservation. However, I can sometimes find availability if I search for each night individually. In that case, since I have 2 separate reservations and check in and check out each night, can I get 2 Diamond amenities even though the nights are consecutive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.